It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower on the Moon filmed by amateur

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's 2012 and we still have to look at video's that are as unclear as JFK's assassination?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BiffJordan

It's 2012 and we still have to look at video's that are as unclear as JFK's assassination?

The video was taken by an amateur astronomer on a night with less than perfect seeing. More experienced astronomers can achieve better results by stacking and photoshopping multiple exposures. No, the tower isn't really there.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This looks like a rock outcrop/ejecta pile, and its big. Must be 5 miles tall and a few miles wide.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Originally posted by Adaven I look at the moon mid phase all the time and you get some wonderful sights looking at the border between light and dark. I have even caught some rare "flashes" on the surface of the moon, twice.

You might have seen a lunar impact. I believe the Lunar Imapct Monitoring puts the minimum size at 10 inches to observe lunar impacts. If you haven't checked it out before, they assist amateur astronomers with the best times for impact observations.

Thanks for the link. Looking over the site now.

For those of you looking to purchase a new telescope: be sure to do your research! Don't fall for the marketing hype. The "1,000,000X Zoom" in the marketing materials is just hype. Go for bigger aperture! The bigger the mirror, the more light it gathers. There are a couple really good amateur astronomy forums out there with folks who would love to help you pick a great first telescope!

Clear skies!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

]quote]This looks like a rock outcrop/ejecta pile, and its big. Must be 5 miles tall and a few miles wide.

No, it is a mirage caused by turbulence in the Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by revs0lution

Thats what I was gonna say .
Gdam thats a powerful telescope. I have a pretty good one but cant get that close

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by consciousgodquote]This looks like a rock outcrop/ejecta pile, and its big. Must be 5 miles tall and a few miles wide.

No, it is a mirage caused by turbulence in the Earth's atmosphere.

Sounds plausible, but a similar image has been seen before, then there are the craters on the right with the darkness of the voids and the perimeter brightness and there is not much ambiguity visually. I would say that there is not much in depth definition to define exactly what it might be, that much is obvious. It's not a mirage, and since the light source and shadow support it, not much of an optical illusion either, although possible.
edit on 18-1-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
well i, for one, have long since come to the conclusion that these things have been suppressed since they were discovered. it's no longer a big secret that there is stuff on the moon that the general population weren't supposed to know about, towers, cities, crashed/abandoned crafts, buildings, the lot.

whether the tower is an artificial structure or a natural one i have no real idea, but couple it with the rest of the information that's out there about what's on the moon, my guess is it's artificial and it's already well known about.

the better our amateur telescopes get, the closer to disclosure we'll be.
edit on 18-1-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The dark side of the moon is where the aliens are!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When I watch this video the only word that crosses my mind is a four letter word. Starts with F and ends with E.

Would you like to guess the word?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Shadows tell the real story. In your minds realize where the sun is and that this is on the edge of the dark side. At the same time realize that shadows cannot appear on the sunny side of an object. The optical illusion is obvious knowing that.

I'd guess the person who did the film does not understand shadows.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Why do people keep confusing natural rock formations and shadows as structures?
The shape in that first video is most likely the edge of a larger rock formation peeking out of the shadows.

We are supposed to consider the MOST LIKELY scenarios before we start creating elaborate fantasies about a tower, who put it there, why, when...

The most likely explanation is that this is a rock formation, peeking out of the shadows, and that the static angle of viewing makes it seem to the upright. Prove me wrong, then I'll consider that there might be a tower on the Moon.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If this video is in fact real, than those objects do look out of place, as far as "intelligently designed". Could be the/one reason why we "haven't" been back to the moon, so that we can colonize it without other countries knowing, which today I am sure they would know. So the 3 theory's I guess are.

1. We never went/made it there

2. There were E.T.'s there that told us to gtfo.

3. We wanted a perfect strategic advantage over other countries to be the perfect satellite to base and house nukes and or other weapons. Imagine, not needing a rocket that takes 1 hour or so to hit a target on the other side of the world, when you can launch it straight from the moon, with just a tiny burst of fuel/thrust to get it moving, then gps guides it to the target.

To me, 3 seems perfectly logical, and possible if we did and can get to the moon. I am not saying we did or didn't, that is still a topic that hasn't been 100%. But if in fact we didn't, I think now we can at least, being decades have passed since then.

*edit* After reviewing my post, that rocket from the moon would have to be going pretty fast to just make it to Earth in under an hour to any target.

*edit-2* And after more thinking... If you can get to the moon, why WOULDN'T you go and colonize/build something there.

U
edit on 18-1-2012 by USarmyFL because: Add

edit on 18-1-2012 by USarmyFL because: add

edit on 18-1-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
IF they were straightforward rock formations, there would be no problem with tptb/nasa telling the general public about them. the fact that they are there alone is already newsworthy were they a HUGE rock formation like that, scientists and nasa would've been happy to announce a natural formation they'd found.

therefore it's something other than rock formations.
edit on 18-1-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

It looks like there's a complex of monstrous structures nearby the tower.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by revs0lution
so he took a trip to the moon and filmed it himself ?

Yes, that is exactly what he did!

If you look in the lower left corner you can see his arm out the window.

Seriously, that is one hell of a powerful telescope. It truly does look like a structure of some sort.

Cool find, cool vid. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Looks like plastic army men to me with a flashlight shining on a mock up of some sort...looks fake and a rather bad one too me.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Please! The world is in trouble when you start saying YouTube is fact. Wake up!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Judging simply from the NASA pictures that have airbrushed "tower-looking" structures in them, I think there is a possibility that there is something on the Moon that they don't want us to see. I mean the airbrush editing is just too obvious.

But in this case, when there are many different jutting, vertical rock structures nearby, common sense and probability would suggest to us that this is nothing more than one such vertical rock formation. So I am not saying that it has to be a rock formation because there are no towers on the moon, I am just saying that with so many nearby "towers", that this is likely the same phenomenon that we are witnessing in the video.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Pretty simple even with google you can zoom in and see your house and car in your drive way. This is from about 126 miles up looking through atmosphere. The moon is 1/3 the size of the earth with no atmosphere and they can't get a close up picture? Everything from NASA is always looks about 40 miles away. The japanes probe took awesome close up color photos of the moon, the few they released but when NASA claimed the same probe took pictures of the Apollo landing site and would prove nay sayers wrong the damn photos looked like they were taken with a Iphone from earth it was a disgrace because we now the probe could take close shots from the other pictures they had released. Shows you NASA lies and does not want us to know cites, crashed ships, and other stuff left over from past and current civilizations is on the moon. Average price for probe sent to the moon is about 350 million dollars that is on he low end I would expect for that price we could get a few decent photos. Well we know the good ones are kept secret.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join