It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower on the Moon filmed by amateur

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DanielET

Go to their site they should have images taken with it or google for images taken with it, also if I was spending that kind of money thats the first thing I would have done!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintsdola

Originally posted by cafurrow
Come on people dont really think there are secret towers on the moon do you?

You dont actually believe that we are the only ones that exist in this universe do you? This could have been left behind from other civilizations millions of years ago

Yes thats a billion to one shot but you are just another rock and shadow hunter this site is full of them!

Why dont you find out the exact location you are looking at then we can compare with LRO shots or other images of same area on the net!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by saintsdola

Originally posted by cafurrow
Come on people dont really think there are secret towers on the moon do you?

You dont actually believe that we are the only ones that exist in this universe do you? This could have been left behind from other civilizations millions of years ago

Yes thats a billion to one shot but you are just another rock and shadow hunter this site is full of them!

Why dont you find out the exact location you are looking at then we can compare with LRO shots or other images of same area on the net!

He answered that before

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've determined the location of the "tower."

Taking screenshots of the video, I pieced together a mosaic so I could see a larger area, allowing me to look for more landmarks. Then, with the knowledge of the telescope, eyepiece, Barlow lens, and zoom level of the camera used, I determined the field of view of the video was about 0.03° across. I then pulled up my copy of Starry Night Pro, set the time, date and location close to where the video was shot, and looked at the moon. I quickly found the location, as illustrated in the animation below. The first frame is mosaic I stitched together. The next frame is the same area as viewed in my software. The final frame is the whole surrounding area, including the areas outside the screenshots. As you can see, the features line up well.

Click on any of these images to see a larger version.

Knowing the telescope mirrors things horizontal and vertically, I then flipped the image so it would appear in the correct orientation as viewed with the naked eye:

Pulling back to look at the whole moon, I then highlight the location of the tower:

I wanted to post this so others could look at the topography of the area.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Cool post soon as clouds move out I will take a look see as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachyeon
Cool post soon as clouds move out I will take a look see as well.

The problem is that the Moon will be in a different phase. The terminator line will be in a different place and the shadows will be different.

If the "tower" was just light and shadows -- i.e., if part of the "tower" was just a sunlit mountaintop sticking up out of a darkened crater -- then that mountaintop may also now be in shadow.

...OR, if it really is a tower, then it is now in the darkened portion of the Moon.

I think it's just a trick of light and shadows and NOT really a tower, but either way, we won't be able to see it again at least until the next similar phase of the Moon early in February.

edit on 1/20/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
True, I will try to locate the object in William Rutledge's interview as well. www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here is a youtube video that addresses the russian Lunokohd (roving robots) missions which seem to have indeed found unatural structures.

edit on 21-1-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Here is a youtube video that addresses the russian Lunokohd (roving robots) missions which seem to have indeed found unatural structures.

...Or so says that video.

I wish they would have actually given me information about these alleged unnatural structure, rather that just telling me that they are rumored to have been seen.

I'm sorry, but I don't blindly take the word of internet videos as if I was just a sheep following the flock. I need something that corroborates these claims.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Sorry....that video is appallingly bad.

I sat through (endured) all 12:25 of it. The mention of Lunokohd 2 doesn't occur until about 5:00, and then it is just conjecture and really, based on nothing.

What sealed the fate of that mess of a video is the mention of Apollo "18", "19" and "20" as if they were real.

It is sensationalist garbage from an long-ago era (based on the B/W and poor video quality) that seems to have hoped to simply spur the same fringe believers who still rattle around the Internet today.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Do you Know when is the best time to look again same moon phase?

I think it's the best way to know something conclusive!

Happy

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The shadow of a mountain that lies higher than the crater rim which it over-shadows. Got a little bit of a central peak showing from the central mountain within the above crater. I'm pretty sure you guys have seen that before and haven't yelled 'tower!' then.

I've seen it with my own telescope, and um...yeah, not a tower.

And there is only so much time I can handle a guy filming his PC monitor with a digital camera while he slowly circles around his little object of interest, endlessly, with his mouse cursor.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
*bump* to follow

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
It appears to be rock formations, just that this one is unique in shape to appear tower like. It appears as though there are other formations not so toweresque as well when he pans right.

Here is an example of a similar style formation in South America.

Picture Source

One could postulate that if this formation was viewed under the same circumstances it would appear to be a man-made tower of sorts.

You are right, that it would look the same way. It just so happens I was watching a show on t.v this week about these kinds of formations (on earth). I believe they said what caused the top heaviness was when the formation was actually different layers of rock. The smaller bottom part was softer rock that eroded from wind, water, etc., and the top larger part was a harder rock that didn't erode so easily. That would not explain the formation on the moon, if so, because no wind or rain for erosion.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The video in OP doesn't exist anymore, and was it really necesary to ressurect this thread?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Why do mongoloids keep resurrecting zombie threads?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i hope the above 2 comments are'nt aimed at me.
i just bumped it to follow at a later date
besides whats wrong with continuing on a thread?
is'nt that why their still in the archives?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by UberL33t
It appears to be rock formations, just that this one is unique in shape to appear tower like. It appears as though there are other formations not so toweresque as well when he pans right.

Here is an example of a similar style formation in South America.

Picture Source

One could postulate that if this formation was viewed under the same circumstances it would appear to be a man-made tower of sorts.

If the moon only had erosion like we do

OK..contrary to what most people know, the moon does indeed undergo a kind of 'weathering' that affects its surface.

The weathering takes the form of unfiltered cosmic ray bombardment, Constant Solar particles hitting the surface, tiny micro meteorites nibbling away the surface, and the most significant in terms of erosion is expansion and contraction forces breaking up rocks, from extreme and abrupt temperature changes from being exposed to full heat from the Sun, to frigid freezing when the Sunlight is abscent.

BUT...the erosion theory as an explanation for how these towers featured in the video (the video has been removed, but i've seen towers like this through my own equipment) doesn't fit at all.

You have to appreciate just how HUGE these things are...some are in excess of 20 miles in height...that would never be possible from fracturing rock through expansion and contraction...something else is at work in creating these very tall towers, either an unknown natural process, or by intelligent hands.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Do these towers appear on LRO imagery, or any other hi-res photos?

Glimpsing at the screenshot in one of the posts above, it looks like a mountain range.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join