It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower on the Moon filmed by amateur

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If we are disputing the validity of the video i'd say it looks fine to me, that eyepiece (EP), focal length of the scope and a x2 barlow + the magnification of the camcorder (x78) and it's entirely feasible.
You can see the camera shifting about the eye relief of the EP, evidence that it’s a camcorder zoomed into the EP.

I’m not suggesting we are looking at an artificial tower though.

When I use a webcam, x2 barlow with my scope the craters are very much magnified but the data is much the same until stacked.

Incidentally here is a stacked image of that video that I just quickly processed;

edit on 19-1-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Im gonna say fake....this is what the Moon should look like using a celestron 130 telescope as the poster of the vid claims to have been using.....It's no where near as close or as detailed as the 'tower' video.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Im gonna say fake....this is what the Moon should look like using a celestron 130 telescope as the poster of the vid claims to have been using.....It's no where near as close or as detailed as the 'tower' video.

That's because the person who made your vid knows how to use their equipment.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hellas, first part of testing is to accurately repro the issue. Not sure why you would say its a fake when you don't even repro correctly what he was doing. Ignore Hellas a Alien craft could hover 3 feet above him, Alien step out piss on his head and he would say it was a weather ballon.

1. celestron 130 telescope
2. 2x barlo lens + eyepiece he was using
3 zoom from the camera he was using.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

what is the apparant hand holding some kind of instrument (gun shaped) at the right hand side of the vid, at about 8 - 10 secs into the recording?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachyeon

1. celestron 130 telescope
2. 2x barlo lens + eyepiece he was using
3 zoom from the camera he was using.

All of which magnify atmospheric instability.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
For everyone that doesnt believe that this footage is authentic and that the equipment i use to film the moon couldnt get such close shot, you do not know the how to use your telescopes and filming gear to its full potential. The equipment i use on all my moon vids are the same setup. You have to tweak your equipment. I thank you for the comments, if you have any questions i will sure try and answer. And no i dont know the specific co-ordinates.

Its me youtube user saintsdola

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsdola

For everyone that doesnt believe that this footage is authentic and that the equipment i use to film the moon couldnt get such close shot, you do not know the how to use your telescopes and filming gear to its full potential.

It's not close, it's blurry.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm sure it's a legitimate video. I'm also reasonably sure that there's no tower in that location hundreds of miles tall, or somebody else would have seen it. It's very likely just the strange way a crater rim or mountain top happens to line up with a crater or shadow, giving it the appearance that it's one connected thing.

A good idea would be to wait a month (or year) when everything is back into celestial position and get a better picture. It's not likely going anywhere, whether it's a tower or just a curious alignment of shadows and hilltops.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsdola
For everyone that doesnt believe that this footage is authentic and that the equipment i use to film the moon couldnt get such close shot, you do not know the how to use your telescopes and filming gear to its full potential. The equipment i use on all my moon vids are the same setup. You have to tweak your equipment. I thank you for the comments, if you have any questions i will sure try and answer. And no i dont know the specific co-ordinates.

Its me youtube user saintsdola

Hey saintsdola, by our nature we are always verifying sources, any chance you could copy/paste this code sequence into the notes of your video on youtube;

gez36gd43as

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
why do i have to copy and paste that code?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What the hell is gez36gd43as?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

There have only been a few who have said the video is fake. I don't think it's fake, but I also think that the "tower" may not be a tower at all, but could simply be a sunlit mountain top rising out of an otherwise shadowed crater. The "tower shaft" may just be an unassociated shadow that aligns with the sunlit mountain top.

Just because the video is real does not make it a video of a real tower.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

There have only been a few who have said the video is fake. I don't think it's fake, but I also think that the "tower" may not be a tower at all, but could simply be a sunlit mountain top rising out of an otherwise shadowed crater. The "tower shaft" may just be an unassociated shadow that aligns with the sunlit mountain top.

Just because the video is real does not make it a video of a real tower.

You cannot think. What about tv?
Real or fake?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Could a moderator please remove BBalazs' posts? He's already had a thread closed for trolling and he's destroying this interesting thread on purpose.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Thanks.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join