It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Winged Creature Reported In Pennsylvania (March 2011)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

Yes, it does look like a claw on the back of the foot. The witness also reported that the creature's hands also resembled claws.

Thanks for your story. Very creepy. Did you hear anything?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Mothman has always been one of my favorite cryptids. I wonder if he was really never seen again or if he just moved to Pennsylvania?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

No, didn't hear anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm not trying be a jerk, but I have to say it was probably just a guy wanting attention. The problem with people reporting these huge, thick, muscular humanoids with wings, is that the size of the wings compared to the body would need to be gigantic. Not just "Wings on It's back" as if It's a casual thing. They would be extremely noticeable from any angle. The wings would need to be enormous to even begin to lift something of that size off the ground. Not to mention It'd need a ridiculous amount of power just to flap them. Proportions become a highly important issue when talking about these things.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
How far is the location from the "Whitehouse".

lol

Those peski congressmen again. A ruthless human by day and a man eating flying gargoil at night. How many did you say flew out of the white house that night? Are they also VAMPIRES? Seems to me they like blood too.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

I'm not trying be a jerk, but I have to say it was probably just a guy wanting attention. The problem with people reporting these huge, thick, muscular humanoids with wings, is that the size of the wings compared to the body would need to be gigantic.

I dont know about that, i mean we are learning new things every day that we thought could never be true....

After all , a bumble bee shouldnt be able to fly either but it does........

And if these things are "supernatural" then obviously they dont fall in line with accepted science in the first place

not saying i believe everything i hear, just playing abit of Devils Advocate here (no pun intended)
edit on 24-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
After reading the creature's description it immediately reminded me of that "jeepers creepers" movie. If I saw anything like that, I'd never be able to sleep again!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wow, how awesomely ironic.

I recall either in this thread, or a similiar linked one that ancient dinosaurs only had skin/membranes and not feathers.

well, oddly enough I just spotted this news story.

www.abc.net.au...

"Flying dinosaur had black feathers: study" :duh

What good timing ha.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I am curious if this sighting is near coal grounds? I have had a few encounters since 1993, with a creature I call screech. My first encounter was within 50 feet, and was at night. I have had a few encounters since, in multiple locations, all around active coal mines. I believe there are more than one, but I give them the same name due to the loud crying screech they make. I visited Point Pleasant for the first time last year, and saw a statue of what they call Mothman, and it is a very close recreation. The eyes, the physical structure, and the height are very close to screech, including the feet, which have a rear spur. The wings resemble a bat, not a moth, that is the major difference. Screech also has tan hair on its shoulders, upper arms, thighs, and below abdominal area. I know these creatures do not bleed, so they must not die. They fly fast, and wings are stonger than tree tops. So far they have not killed anyone I know of, but one guy did get shoved from behind. I believe they are here for a reason, but I am still yet to figure out why. Go out and look for them, they seem to stay around open surface mines. It will stay with you for the rest of your life, literally.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

The wings are huge on the one I was close to. The wings are not attached to the arms, they wrap around and contract. I was within 50 feet of one and I will never forget every detail. I know that it doesn't bleed, so it must not die, so anything is possible with these things. The bright red eyes are forever burned in mind. The sound of the wings crashing through the tree tops is unforgettable.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I would say it looks like the Mothman myself, take off the cape, and show the wings....to me the Mothman Statue looks like a Grey Alien with some kind of armored suit and wings. I only live about 40 miles from the statue, and have seen it many times.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ever hear of David Icke?
Those are not feathers.....Those are scales
Reptilian!!!!
For Sure!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screechhunter

I am curious if this sighting is near coal grounds? I have had a few encounters since 1993, with a creature I call screech. My first encounter was within 50 feet, and was at night. I have had a few encounters since, in multiple locations, all around active coal mines. I believe there are more than one, but I give them the same name due to the loud crying screech they make. I visited Point Pleasant for the first time last year, and saw a statue of what they call Mothman, and it is a very close recreation. The eyes, the physical structure, and the height are very close to screech, including the feet, which have a rear spur. The wings resemble a bat, not a moth, that is the major difference. Screech also has tan hair on its shoulders, upper arms, thighs, and below abdominal area. I know these creatures do not bleed, so they must not die. They fly fast, and wings are stonger than tree tops. So far they have not killed anyone I know of, but one guy did get shoved from behind. I believe they are here for a reason, but I am still yet to figure out why. Go out and look for them, they seem to stay around open surface mines. It will stay with you for the rest of your life, literally.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Large six-foot tall, heavy , humanoids with Ptreradactyl-like wings are routinely reported near farms in South America and Mexico: see calamaufocenter.com and ufoinfo.com/sightings ( or find calama ufo center ). By using human DNA and body parts, they've managed to breed monsters that need to feed on blood ,leaving the mummified carcass on the ground and in trees.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

Good point! Look at the condor. It's got a wingspan of about 11 feet but the body must weigh no more than maybe 30 pounds. So if my guesstimation is correct this creature seemingly weighing anywhere from 150-300lbs must need a wingspan closer to something like 55-110 feet. Birds and other flying animals bodies are quite small compared to their wingspan.

Or check out the fruit bat. Weiging in at 3.5 pounds with a wingspan of 5.6 feet.

So the wings on this creature would have to be almost like the size of a 737 to maintain lift. Unless it's got a propeller or a jet mounted underneath it.

That being said I never get enough of these stories. I don't care if they are likely not real it's still good fun.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Te bumble bee flys due to very different physics than a lifting body such as a wing. I mean it still uses high pressure and low pressure zones to generate lift but just very differently. So the bumble bee and other insects can get away with having relatively small wings to fly. But not a giant bat like man.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Looks like Springheel Jack to me!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Several days ago I saw something really weird I was driving on a country road and there was a jet or something flew over the forest. And soon after a huge creature apeared in the woods near the road. It looked like a cross between a bat and a human and was like 2.5-3 meters tall with huge red eyes and wings and it was like staring on the cars. I was scared and speeded away from that place. And after that I had a weird dreams about something like armoured giants on Earth. Can anyone say what was it and who was this flying creature? Was it mothman or something else?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The Mothman Prophesies is one of my favorite movies... though it does skip a lot of details in reference to aerial phenomena before and after the Point Pleasant event.

The stories of this creature continue to surface and circulate, but they don't get as much web coverage as things like UFOs and hauntings, etc.

I know I have heard stories about a Mothman like creature being seen in other parts of the country. I think it was Monster Quest that had an episode about some people seeing a Mothman like creature around the bridge that collapsed in Minnesota but when I tried to do some research I couldn't come up with anything.

Maybe people think it is just something too far out of "normal" to report.

If it was mothman, he would let the witness know. As fas as i know, there's witness of mothman back to the ancient Rome, so he basically showed up in every country of the world 8 months after the disaster.

Based on my experience , I would say that mothman is more like a demi-god serving an above being realeted to death.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'll say it...

Promotional campaign for the new Dark Night movie.

Truthfully, either these "creatures" live for 1000s of years, or no one is clever enough to find a corpse of one of them whilest hunting in the woods. Then again, who knows what really lurks deep underground.

No one has ever found a bear in the woods that's died of natural causes either..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join