It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The market for guillible people is constantly increasing, the market for the righteously skeptical i

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
No one would believe that the market for being righteously skeptical could do anything except make trouble for larger markets, whos investors are so numerous it would be easy to make a profit based on distancing yourself from that particular non-starter of a market anyways. Socially-obligated teachers and those who bring that social obligation to light are not the same institution, they operate in one designed to keep the costs down to a minimum.

We find that outside school learning has the potential for the greatest impact upon the world, push upon kids the importance of staying in school for the socially obligated half-truth that it's a false dichotomy of wannabe-revolutionaries who seek to get kids out of school to simulate their simple agendas of propagandizing a student-lead strike against the establishment.

Maybe it is a false dichotomy that anarchists would encourage you to skip school so you're not indoctrinated.

Maybe you'll have to be in the military because I know you're too poor to afford college. You're going to college cause you're too fat and stupid plus you like being lazy and couldn't join the military. You'd be on our side, if we didn't place you in their refugee camps from our supposedly awesome wrath.

The people with time to make up for talent make jobs for those who have the time to make use of their talent, it reflects badly on the progress we've made and the progress so far has been slow and inflicts us all to its slow inevitability, rather than a speedy resolution.

I don't have a speedy resolution, I came armed with the controversial opinion that if conspiracy theorists and establishment-apologists gave each other money, it would super-charge the necessary cashflow to attract those who are merely smart enough to see the bright idea behind the grass-roots false flags that we use to mark the greater evidence we collect of the false-flag operations made by a government hiding something deeper than I truly expected.

We give ourselves some leeway on being wrong, put our money where our mouth is and soon enough not only will the truth bubble to the top, the bubble smells like roses and the truth intriguingly stinks.

If we white-wash history who we splash with paint could be as important as the fence we're painting. Only, if you believe, I suppose. I don't have the money to pony up the payments around the world to all those who would demand the right to voice their opinions on the conspiracy theories we have in common.

You do, your effort and the collective belief you have in at least talking to each other about opening these forbidden topics would be the invested amount of the page-views ATS gets daily. A more measurable amount than the pitiful effort in comparison I exert to prove to you, I'm right that you're wrong, we can both see the truth together, tell me I'm wrong again and we'll see who is the bad guy here.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gullibility rest on emotions. Eliminate emotions and you eliminate the underlying factors that get so many people conned/tricked.

Hence the need for critical thinking.

Yet, even logic can be swayed by emotions as people will tend to lie to themselves, which will poison good logic.

I think the real solution is just to have a laugh, about everything.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonchoI think the real solution is just to have a laugh, about everything.

I like this solution so much I trip over myself to hand my belief in it to you. You got my ear, I have yours, tell me more on what you think about what I've said, Conspiracy Theories to me are the market of fossilized cryptozoological evidence that archaeologists keep uncovering, but don't really know what to think of the evidence they found without peer review.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

There are lies and half-truths in everything. The sooner the world can laugh about some of the worst things in life, the sooner they can accept reality without it affecting them emotionally.

People need the opposite though. They need to wake up in a world that makes sense, except that it doesn't, and the ones that see the humor in it know what the real story is, they just choose not to let it affect them directly.

It's all one big gag.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's not the expensive cost of using humor to say truth to power I'm worried about, I worry very little about having to do it all by myself, I worry that if I can't do it myself I'll be doomed to following everyone else as they make jokes about fixing things, in hopes the professional jokers fix things.

I'm the butt of my own joke, which is I'm too lazy to get off my butt and work on the best joke. Best joke of all is no one likes my jokes and my life was a wasted failure because other people needed me to be a reliable dependable failure more than they needed a burnt out shooting star...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

There are lies and half-truths in everything. The sooner the world can laugh about some of the worst things in life, the sooner they can accept reality without it affecting them emotionally.

People need the opposite though. They need to wake up in a world that makes sense, except that it doesn't, and the ones that see the humor in it know what the real story is, they just choose not to let it affect them directly.

It's all one big gag.

Exactly.

It's like the jokes that come out when tragedy hits (like with the recent cruise liner disaster and "apparently the captain likes his drinks on the rocks"). You make fun of things to stay sane and to stop yourself being torn apart from the inside from becoming too emotional or serious.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The real joke is that it doesn't matter. It's just acknowledging that it's all a joke.

Spin can be put on anything, people can be made to believe anything. Right is wrong and up is down, if so chosen.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Undervalued and insignificant sentiment for some, miniature American flags for others!

top topics

join