It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Trusted Friend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Not entering into any contest, just going thru some of my old writing and thought I'd share this one. It is by far one of my favorites. Enjoy!

He was speechless. All he could do was look at his friend with his mouth hanging open. "He has a great sense of humor, he's always joking around." He thought to himself.

"Is this a joke?" He asked his dearest friend.

"Of course its not." His friend replied. "Think about it, how could I ask anyone else to do this?"

"How could you ask this of me?" The man roared. "I love you! You are my closest friend!"

"You want me to ask Mary?" His friend asked.

The man thought for a moment. He loved Mary as well. He was the only one of the group that was asked to attend their wedding. He could not allow a burden such as this to fall on her.

"No." The man said. "I can't let you ask her. She wouldn't be able to do it anyway."

"That’s my point." His friend said. "We have been together from the start, and of everyone else, you are the only one that I can truly rely on. We have been through so much together."

"Yes, I know." The man said somberly. He paused a moment, looking down at the floor. "You know, none of them will ever forgive me." He continued, as a tear rolled down his cheek.

The man's friend walked over to him, embracing him. Wiping the tear from his face. "It isn’t for them to either forgive you or judge you. This is my call, my decision. No one else’s." The man held his friend tightly.

"There has GOT to be another way." The man said, laying his head on his friend's shoulder. Weeping quietly.

"There are no other options." His friend said.

"I know" The man replied. "I just hate this." He paused, sniffing back the tears. He raised his head from his friend's shoulder, looking deeply into his eyes. "Thy will be done."

His friend smiled. Kissing him on the cheek. "I love you, you know. I new I could count on you." The man tried to smile, but couldn't. They heard Mary coming down the stairs

"Are you ready?" She asked. "We're going to be late."

"Yes, My Love. We're coming." The man's friend said, as he turned walking toward his wife.

"Judas, are you coming?" Mary asked.

"Yes, I'll be along."

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I love it!

Very cool twist at the end as well.....S&F

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you, that is greatly appreciated.

Its nice that someone enjoyed it!

new topics

join