It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat Cometh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A flood of severe heat that will kill every living thing will come...

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

When do you think it will happen?

I say this year.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ah yes. My daily cup of gloom and doom.

I don't think it will happen. Why do you warjpohn. Please tell me in more than 2 sentences, why you think it will be this year.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The furnace of fire and gnashing of teeth is in reference to Hell. I don't believe it will happen this year but I do feel that this year will special. I feel this will be a special year because the weather has just been ridiculous with fluctuating temps and so forth. Fluctuating temps can screw around with the ecosystem and peoples health.
edit on 18-1-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What kind of thread is this? what is it trying to convey or imply that something will happen?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This thread reflects why no one should try to extract one verse from the Bible and force it to fit an already formed concept.

These are not even the correct verses that describe the destruction by fire.
edit on 18-1-2012 by brokedown because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
@WarJohn - probably another hit-n-run troll.

Your speculation is a minimum of 7 years away.

The Tribulation has only just begin starting last October with more wierd weather, anger on the streets, birds and fish dying en masse.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I love my lunch with a side of doom & gloom...so filling and zero calories!

I think 2012 will bring a great shift...I was given a message in September 2009...and it said "The Great Sun -could've been Son - will bring us hope"...so no doom & gloom but a great positive shift in humanity.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
A flood of severe heat that will kill every living thing will come...

I say this year.

You're speaking of the judgement that's implied to be after the second coming of Christ. Before that it seems we would have to see other signs and events so the likely-hood of this happening this year is slim to none. Apart from that judgement happens when you die so of course that could be at any time for anyone. From your perspective of course time being the relative thing that it is.

Pet Peeve. Is it really necessary to speak in Victorian English prose to talk about events in the Bible? Verily, Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt not speaketh in like manner if thou wouldest converse with yon people of such a time as the day we liveth in. At least not if you have any hope of actually conversing with people in the time frame that you live in.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

As you interpret it, never.

As to how it should be understood, right now, as it has for some time and will continue.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Never...

Theres no evidence of a world wide flood ever happening... and theres no reason to think it ever will happen

Posting verses from the bible isn't proof of anything...

great story with noah and everything... but people are still trying to figure out how he got all those animals from every continent on to that tiny ship...

Consider the possibility that it didn't happen... and the possibility that if said flood ever did occur, it was local

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's coming but yet a few years, maybe 3'1/2 to 5 and that is but a guess looking at the horizon of the coming "storm". But read,

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sibbs

2 Peter is not a book that was known of until about two hundred years after Peter had already been dead, so I would not take it as being authoritative but just what one person thought who wanted to be taken seriously by putting the name of the Apostle on his writing.

new topics

top topics

join