It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overlooked area of innovation - The perfect cup of coffee.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

I think it's at least a decade..

It's kind of funny to see that something like this is so new to others..

edit on 18-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I made my own siphon maker out of lab glass and a copper pipe. Best coffee ever! I dont do all this often tho.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Yeah I know its been a long time, since Nestle already lost its patent for the capsules and theres already a crapload of knock-offs on the market.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin
reply to post by Hellas

Yeah I know its been a long time, since Nestle already lost its patent for the capsules and theres already a crapload of knock-offs on the market.

But I dont think Nespresso was the first one. It's one of the last ones actually. I think the first one was Senseo

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Excuse me while I reload my windows 3.1, your post used up all my ram.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Excuse me while I reload my windows 3.1, your post used up all my ram.

lol

Good one!

windows 3.1 ... simple times

link   
I've had cafetierres, then an expensive electric coffee brewing pot (which leaked after a month), then one of those Nespresso pod machines (which I paid about £300 for), none of which impressed me much.

Then I treated myself to this for my birthday last March, along with a Dualit bean grinder, and it's the best thing ever...

www.amazon.co.uk...

link   

the last thing I want to do when they are in my company is fiddle around with a tea pot for 10 minutes.

You may be missing an excellent opportunity to demonstrate how you're willing to take your time and focus on the minutiae involved with bringing things up to temp properly in anticipation of the eventual reward.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toffeeapple
I've had cafetierres, then an expensive electric coffee brewing pot (which leaked after a month), then one of those Nespresso pod machines (which I paid about £300 for), none of which impressed me much.

Then I treated myself to this for my birthday last March, along with a Dualit bean grinder, and it's the best thing ever...

www.amazon.co.uk...

Well of course..

You can't compare instant coffee machines with this one

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesquid

I made my own siphon maker out of lab glass and a copper pipe. Best coffee ever! I dont do all this often tho.

I think the OP was talking about how the capsules reduce mess and effort and are still excellent cups of coffee. What i see in this video kind of defeats the idea of simple coffee.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toffeeapple

www.amazon.co.uk...

Well of course..

You can't compare instant coffee machines with this one

Filter coffee doesn't compare to espresso imo.

Drip coffee is the reason it took me so long to discover that I actually really like coffee.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

That video was brilliant.

I want to try syphon coffee now.

...But I don't want to be the one that has to make it...
edit on 18-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

the last thing I want to do when they are in my company is fiddle around with a tea pot for 10 minutes.

You may be missing an excellent opportunity to demonstrate how you're willing to take your time and focus on the minutiae involved with bringing things up to temp properly in anticipation of the eventual reward.

Just sayin'.

I feel as if innuendo could be read into that paragraph.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Like I told the guy with the inkblots, "Hey, you're the guy with the dirty pictures".

Don't infer more than I'm implying. You're the one who dragged tea into a coffee thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by boncho

Like I told the guy with the inkblots, "Hey, you're the guy with the dirty pictures".

Don't infer more than I'm implying. You're the one who dragged tea into a coffee thread.

Touche!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

maybe not doubled, i was exaggerating, its about a .20 to .40% increase in weight and the volume nearly triples when you roast the bean compared to what it is before roasting.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ever notice how the usual coffee maker spreads the scent of coffee all over the house? That's simply loss of aroma and taste in the beverage!

I heat cold water in a vintage 1000 watt Sunbeam coffeepot - the siphon type, but the gasket was too hard for it to be used to make coffee, so it's just the bottom unit, and can boil cold water in 5 to 6 minutes.

I pour the scalding-hot water into a preheated (HOT tap water, to keep down thermal shock) French press (a good one), add two kinds of espresso coffee (the press has an espresso screen), cinnamon, and cardamon.

I let the grounds settle a little, press, pour, and add ice/sugar to taste. Aaaaaah! Full flavor!!

BTW, the cardamon is a holdover from my days of making Turkish-style coffee. I enjoyed mastering the art of boiled coffee.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've tried french presses, and various other brewing methods.

Currently the best coffee that I make is when I cold brew it. That's right cold brew.
When you heat water to boiling, you get lots of aromas but you also get the bitterness.

So look up cold brew systems on the internet. Basically you make the coffee the night before and let it sit in the cold brewer then filter it in the AM. It's truly AMAZING!!!!!

Then I use the microwave to heat it up in a cup.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Wildbob77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have the Krups grind & brew. Just something about fresh ground cup of joe! I do like the idea of this new coffee maker. It will probably be on my list in the future...edit to add, 8 o'clock coffee beans are the best!
edit on 1/18/12 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I've tried french presses, and various other brewing methods.

Currently the best coffee that I make is when I cold brew it. That's right cold brew.
When you heat water to boiling, you get lots of aromas but you also get the bitterness.

So look up cold brew systems on the internet. Basically you make the coffee the night before and let it sit in the cold brewer then filter it in the AM. It's truly AMAZING!!!!!

Then I use the microwave to heat it up in a cup.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Wildbob77 because: (no reason given)

old coffee is the worst man.. plus it gets stronger

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join