It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs posts $1 billion profit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Goldman Sachs posts $1 billion profit

money.cnn.com

Goldman Sachs reported a fourth-quarter profit of about $1 billion on Wednesday, reversing a loss from the third quarter and topping expectations.

The firm, known for its lucrative annual bonuses, reported a 21% decline in compensation and benefits in 2011, to $12.2 billion. Even with the cuts, the average salary for a Goldman employee was $367,057, down from $430,700 in 2010.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I see this as I was reading "World Bank warns on risk of global recession"

This company, I don't know what to say. Did they not get bailout cash? If I remember their not expected to pay back? I may be wrong. But something is wrong, about this company.

Didn't they bury other companies within this one? And also have employees linked to this whole wall street debacle? Would they not, IRS and all the others, strip me or you of our belongings and possessions, if we owed this money. and made this type of profit.

All is well move along i suppose.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Even with the cuts, the average salary for a Goldman employee was $367,057, down from $430,700 in 2010.

Sorry Debbie no Mercedes this year we have to set an example...

Seriously though, I am no less sickened by these stories every time I hear one. Goldman Sachs, Lehman, Citi, they are all the same: crooks. They should all be in jail for treason and theft.

Welcome to the plutocracy of the Unites States of Amnesia.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

It's not just the united states. Change the name of the bank each time you're talking about a different country. Welcome to the plutocracy of financially united countries.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Back during the bank bailouts Goldman was a smart play for any investor. It was clear because of their ties to the administration, they were going to end up on top.

Now why didn't I invest?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Even with the cuts, the average salary for a Goldman employee was $367,057, down from $430,700 in 2010.

Dear Lord,

How will those executives get by with such a slash to their salaries. My heart sinks for them...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They should be made to sit at a table and not allowed to leave until they have eaten it all

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well I know where im sending my next CV

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
reply to post by clowdstalker

It's not just the united states. Change the name of the bank each time you're talking about a different country. Welcome to the plutocracy of financially united countries.

And they're all Rothschild owned.

2nd

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well they made good money with Greece..
2nd

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Goldman Sach along with JP Morgan controls the Federal Reserve and down the street the IMF, they are behind the power behind the US government and control of the debt in the EUzone.

They are like a web of interest that span more than people even can dream behind many aliases and branches and touches every bank in the world.

They have the largest hold of hedge funds and anything that comes attach to it.

They are also very much corrupted and their dirty money buys entire governemtns of whores for sell, just like our congress..

But everything is not peachy in the land of Richistan were these two entities belong, their so call 1 billion porfits could be nothing more than manufactured and sugar coated numbers, to keep their trusting investors believing in them and masses from finding their true corruption.

Corruption has no bounderies and when you can control Walls street, the Fed and governments, numbers can also be manipulated at will.

The entire global economy is in trouble, do not even dream that the two entities above are not in trouble also, but before they fall their scam of many branches under them will take the hit first, just like MF.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well said. I agree with you completely. The corruption runs deep.

Why even, let this type of news get posted. If they, I'm sure they do,
or their friends/clients control the media?
It's a funny world.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money". - Matt Taibi

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lol, the real figure is in the trillions but they wont tell u that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Your best bet is to get a fireproof safe and nail it to the floor in your basement. Only keep enough in your electronic accounts to pay bills. Cash for everything else. Don't use debit cards, don't use rewards cards (they track your purchases). With the NDAA, if you buy too many groceries, or too much of something they have red flagged, you go on the terrorist watch list. Can't track cash purchases. Besides, when SHTF and ATM's don't work, you'll still have cash as long as it is still accepted.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Bunch of Goldman Sachs employees = $1 Billion Dollar Profit.

Bunch of Ex-Goldman Sachs employees appointed by Obama running the govt = unprecedented debt, staggering unemployment

Definitely something going on. That million dollars Goldman Sachs donated to Obama in 2008 has really paid dividends! What more proof do you need Obama is the 1%?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I tell you all if Goldman Sach is posting only 1 billion earnings they are in big trouble.

And this is why.

This days banks and financial institutions rely on the liquidity that is infused when peoples pay rolls hit the banks or when people's transfer funds for their retirement accounts in the markets, this also includes large sums (or that is what we hope for) of government future retirement accounts.

But while peoplethink their money is safe and secure and backed by the government with the promise of a pay off, that is not so.

In todays economy everything is a gamble and the big firms that holds all that wealth are gambling peoples investments everyday while making sure they get a pay off first and using one account to pay for another accounts of their investors money to cover the gambling shortcomings.

This is call Hypothecation a crafty way that financial houses are now using to play with your investments and is all legal.

For those that doesn't have a clue how it works this will make you very angry and worry once you learn the truth.

Read my words, nobody's money or investments are safe and is not guarantee that is going to be where you think it is if the economy in the EUzone collapse that include retirement accounts from government to private, SS and anything else related.

Hypothecation is what it's called when a borrower pledges collateral as a means of securing a debt. The borrower retains ownership of the collateral but it is hypothetically under the control of the creditor who can seize possession of the collateral if the borrower defaults.

If a client has $10,000 in securities on deposit and a debt deficit of $2,000, the net equity is $8,000. This means the broker-dealer could rehypothecate up to $2,800 of client assets to finance its own activities - often without notice.

Not only is this legal, it's common practice specified in the fine print of most brokerage agreements.

If you've ever traded on margin, chances are you're in the game whether you want to be or not because any common stock, cash, or other securities - even gold and Chinese yuan - can be used as collateral that the broker can hypothecate or rehypothecate.

And that's where the real games begin.

moneymorning.com...

That is why the Federal Reserve is so obsessed with liquidity and why the US with the fed and the IMF is bailing out with tax payer moneys the EU to keep them from crashing, if they crash all the investments, retirement, SS and everything attach to it, will be no more, because liquidity is in Wall street none existent.

Just remember the last investment firm that crashed was MF Global and investors lost everything, they were just a small branch of the big two Goldman and JP

All the big broker firms that we know like MF Global, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS), Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (NYSE: CM), the Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE: RY), Credit Suisse Group AG (NYSE ADR: CS), Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE: WFC), and Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) more frequently establish U.K.-based investment pools and lateral assets from other jurisdictions like the U.S into them, do this, and the only reason they are getting bold about it is because they own governments like the US to back up their loses with tax payer money.

edit on 18-1-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The ATS investment club, invest in the elite and profit from the sheeple...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
the squid is getting lazy

top topics

join