It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Marvel of The Ability To Walk.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I know it sounds trivial. Who cares about the ability to walk, right? But think for a second about the energy that the earth and its inhabitants expend on a day to day basis. When atoms compress so tightly that they fuse together, what you get is light. Imagine the energy produced by nuclear fusion. Well that energy is the same energy that we use to walk around and do other activities. It's just in a different form.

When you follow your energy back to the energy's source, locally and more immediately, the source of your energy is that huge ball of light in the sky that we call, "our star". I think it's amazing how you can go from that to this. How that ball of light is fueling the activities of trillions of life forms on this planet. It all kind of makes me feel like I am, in some way, a star. Or at least something of cosmic importance.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Just imagine when we "discover" that we have the ability to levitate

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Just imagine when we "discover" that we have the ability to levitate

"discover"? Have you "discovered" your ability to levitate? I would really like to know how it is done.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This thread caught my eye, because when you loose the ability to walk you realise how important it is,speaking from experience, don't take the ability to do things for granted because one day you never know you might not be able to.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Ancient Egptians believed that the soul could become a star

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

That's interesting. Do you know where that is written?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by artistpoet

That's interesting. Do you know where that is written?

It is written on ancient scripts taken from what is called "The Book of the Dead"
Says something like "When the soul has run the race of purity, it is born as a body of light in Orion to serve the Creator" - Orion of course is the nearby constellation and only realatively recently Astronomers discovered a Stellar Nursery there named Orions Sword - This stallar nursery is very close relatively speaking being approx 1,500 light years away - a mere stones throw in the big picture of things. In this stellar nursery are hundreds of stars in the process of being born.

earthsky.org...
edit on 18-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It is amazing, as is the ability of yourself to fathom the processes. Cheers OP.

If all the energy for all of our activities come from the son then who are we to charge for it? A man picks a piece of fruit and sells it to another, but the man did not make the fruit nor did the man provide the energy to pick the fruit, it came from other sources. Our current envisioned role is incorrect and most detrimental.

new topics

top topics

join