It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in a Name ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is always a thin line when it comes to having a winning business name and a complete epic fail ... thats why an Australian nut company has finally won a case that allows it to use the name ...Nuckin Futs ..
the issue highlighted on dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2088271/Australian-firm-wins-right-Nuckin-Futs.html according to the courts was based on the spoonerism being offensive..i do see the implication of allowing for such but whats your take on the ruling?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kassych
There is always a thin line when it comes to having a winning business name and a complete epic fail ... thats why an Australian nut company has finally won a case that allows it to use the name ...Nuckin Futs ..
the issue highlighted on dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2088271/Australian-firm-wins-right-Nuckin-Futs.html according to the courts was based on the spoonerism being offensive..i do see the implication of allowing for such but whats your take on the ruling?

Considering it's Australian, I don't think our American standards nor courtly opinions apply. Let them have some fun...I know just the amusement garnered from the company name alone will get them some sales.

That's how it works.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

edit on 18/1/12 by kassych because: Double post

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
as in the case of FCUK, there is a pattern and one will someday market a "Buck Fed" in wallmart promising you a great "Buck" once you buy one

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

Yes, but see...there's a difference. The one is a humorous phrase, the other is a deliberately lewd reference. That would rankle the salespeople (provided they are professional). Especially since it's a products instead of an actual company. Now, if you named a company that...well, still. It would be a gag company specializing in one gag product.

Not very efficient.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lets travel back in time to 2006....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What do ya know.....

'Nuckin Futs' snack gets go ahead in Australia

Almost a year after the application was rejected, the examiner agreed to accept the trademark on condition that the owner does not market the product to children, the newspaper said.

Source

I believe there's more important things to worry about....
edit on 18-1-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join