It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book: Kim brother says N.Korea heading for collapse.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The eldest brother of North Korea's new leader says reforms needed to avert the collapse of the country's economy will lead to the end of its Stalinist regime, according to a book to be published this week.

Kim Jong-Nam, the half brother of Kim Jong-Un who took control of the hermit state on the death of their father last month, says the military has become so powerful it will step in and take over.

"My father governed the country with the backing of the military, but the power of the military has become too strong," he said in Korean. "If the succession ends in failure, the military will wield the real power for sure."

He also claimed that his inexperienced brother Jong-Un was likely to be merely a symbol used by ruling elites to maintain their grip on power.

"Anyone with normal thinking would find it difficult to tolerate three generations of hereditary succession," he said an email, which Gomi says was sent on January 3. "I question how a young heir with two years (of training as a successor) would be able to inherit... absolute power," he said.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

I do not think this is anything exactly new to us here at ATS. Almost confirming the reports we've been hearing since, well.. North Korea was a country.

What's the difference between a sound economy there and if it "collapses"?..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am glad you added that to your post..
I was just thinking the exact same thing as I read your title.

If they have not been collapsed for a long time now... I feel even more sorry for the people there when they consider their economy "collapsed"

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I wonder how long it will take for this brother to "vanish" now that he's spoken illy of his little brother.

I would be scared at this point, if I were him. Time to defect!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's wrong to think an figurehead of power controls everything- There's always a team of military leaders, businesspeople pulling the strings behind the scenes... Same goes for Harper, Obama...

Kim Jong-il obviously doesn't control North Korea, same as for Obama, etc... Also for Ahmadinejad... Nethanyahu...They are all figureheads.

The US is as close to collapse just as North Korea might be.

This is just a trick to make people think that removing Kim Jong-il makes any difference... It does not. He is not the government.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Well i think there would be a big difference.

With a collapse, they would not be able to afford to pay the military, and the leader does so desperately needs their backing. I can see an instant coop in that case.

new topics

top topics

join