It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Solar System is Traveling Through a Magnetic Cloud.. Cause of Global Disruptions, and "Hum"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by chr0naut

No, we have just started travelling through this cloud..

I say just, but its been a few years and will take a few more to get out of it.
NASA

No, you are misunderstanding the data.

We HAVE just discovered the interstellar magnetized cloud, but it has existed for a long time, an estimated 10 million years according to the article.

The dust cloud has now distributed to the point where it is estimated to be 30 light years wide. To give you some idea of the size of that, the nearest star, Proxima Centauri is only about 4.2 light years away. There are 26 stars all within 12 light years of the Earth, so 30 light years is huge!

The magnetization of this interstellar cloud is large by empty interstellar space measures but is only 4 or 5 microgauss. That is 0.005 Gauss. A standard small bar magnet on Earth here is about 100 Gauss and the Earth's own magnetic field is about 0.5 Gauss. So the magnetic field we are talking about is really minimal and could not affect anything noticeably even if it were enveloping the Earth.

Next, we notice that the cloud (and therefore its magnetic field) is held at bay from the Earth by the solar wind. The Earth is protected by a bubble created by the solar wind which is 10 billion kilometers wide. I.e: the tiny magnetism referred to in the article is 5 billion kilometers away!

In regard to the time-frame of this event, as per the last paragraph of the article: "These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next". They are saying it takes the Sun 10,000 to 100,000 years to traverse these clouds. Hardly on a scale that a human being, with a normal lifetime, would ever notice.

Short answer, it isn't causing hum, quakes, global warming, CMEs or anything detectable from the Earth. The probes that have found this are heading out into interstellar space. A long way away.

edit on 18/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Why the bs?

We have JUST come into this spacetime..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Why the bs?

No BS. This spacetime has always existed.

Spacetime is the dimensional substrate of our reality and was created in the big bang, or pre-existed it.

Might I suggest you read the textbook "Spacetime Physics" by Edwin F Taylor and John Archibald Wheeler so you are familiar with what the term actually means.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Dude

I have read that already

Xxxx

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Why the bs?

No BS. This spacetime has always existed.

Spacetime is the dimensional substrate of our reality and was created in the big bang, or pre-existed it.

Might I suggest you read the textbook "Spacetime Physics" by Edwin F Taylor and John Archibald Wheeler so you are familiar with what the term actually means.

don't you understand what space/time means? einstein himself said space/time are inseparable, they are two threads of the one fabric they construct together.

time is the only constant. It has been said that time is motion.

it has also been said that change is the only constant. If time is the only constant, then motion must be the only constant. this makes sense: the Earth is NEVER still.

time IS the measure of change... thus the Book of Changes, "I Ching"/map of time.

time is only sensible through the measure of MOTION. time is motion. we (Earth & solar system) are ALWAYS moving through space. we NEVER reach the same space twice. this is a well known fact.

thanks to the definition of space/time, if we never reach the same space twice, we must never reach the same time twice. ALL spaces (like all times) are different.

do you not agree that this time (today) is different from the last time (yesterday)?
then you must by definition of spacetime agree that this space (today) is different than that space (yesterday).

all space/times are different. when it is said that "we haven't reached that spacetime", it is wholly more correct than "we've always been in space/time". maybe you should read up on space/time, this time let your heart do the thinking.

this concept brings many questions about "E-MOTION" and how emotions "MOVE" us...."oh that art is so moving, it in-spires me!"

as for this thread....

i've known about the "cloud" for a few years, but there was never any mention as to the "boundary" of "outside & inside" the "cloud". I would love to find this information, but it seems that it is unknown.

i do have the feeling that when we officially enter the cloud, it will be very obvious. S & F for effort, more people need to know about this cloud, (its the ether...)

edit on 1/18/12 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread and it was swallowed by the high rate at which posts were being put up, so I thought I'd repeat myself here to see what you guys think.

Just my theory, but I think the change in the poles is causing all of this. The shifting magnetosphere could cause a rare phenomenon called skyquakes, which could explain the noise. The shifting magnetosphere could also explain the dead birds and fish, and since the pole switch is speeding up, increasing in speed 15% (+/-) annually, it would also explain the rise in occurrences of these sounds. It may also explain the increase in Earthquakes as well.

Magnetic North was moving into Russia at 22 miles annually in 2005. In 2011, it was moving at around 49 miles annually. By 2016-18 it will be moving south at about 80(+) miles per year.

Again, just my theory.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

what you're describing sounds similar to exponential rates.

Ray Kurzweil's The Singularity Is Near speaks about exponential growths (leading up to 2012) in detail.

this rate will soon reach a critical mass...once the scales will tip to a certain point (critical mass), and once it does, there's no stopping it.

the poles mimic the mind & it's ability to keep up with mass consciousness,,,a paradigm shift will ensue.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Basically what I was thinking, minus the "consciousness paradigm shift" that most either don't understand or don't want to believe. I left out that detail as not to arouse a debate I don't have time for. Thanks.

edit on 18-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
Heres what the late, great, paranormal researcher John Keel has to say about this sound From The Eighth Tower by John Keel...

"Another group (and it is a large group) sees these things as evidence of the existence of 'Deros'- detrimental robots who live in the bowels of the earth and are up to no good.

Fascinating...I have never read of this before.

It's possible- Covert mining by extraterrestrial intelligences, and there is a wealth of natural resources under our feet.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My suspicion has to do with a black hole merging inside the Earth from the LHC. It was said that it would take about four years to notice any changes, and I think this is a beginning. The sounds are the black hole consuming matter.

Another theory would be that our solar system is close to a large black hole in space and that the magnetic disturbance is due to that.

In any case, we shall see.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

don't you understand what space/time means? einstein himself said space/time are inseparable, they are two threads of the one fabric they construct together.

time is the only constant. It has been said that time is motion.

it has also been said that change is the only constant. If time is the only constant, then motion must be the only constant. this makes sense: the Earth is NEVER still.

time IS the measure of change... thus the Book of Changes, "I Ching"/map of time.

time is only sensible through the measure of MOTION. time is motion. we (Earth & solar system) are ALWAYS moving through space. we NEVER reach the same space twice. this is a well known fact.

thanks to the definition of space/time, if we never reach the same space twice, we must never reach the same time twice. ALL spaces (like all times) are different.

do you not agree that this time (today) is different from the last time (yesterday)?
then you must by definition of spacetime agree that this space (today) is different than that space (yesterday).

all space/times are different. when it is said that "we haven't reached that spacetime", it is wholly more correct than maybe you should read up on space/time, this time let your heart do the thinking.

this concept brings many questions about "E-MOTION" and how emotions "MOVE" us...."oh that art is so moving, it in-spires me!"

as for this thread....

i've known about the "cloud" for a few years, but there was never any mention as to the "boundary" of "outside & inside" the "cloud". I would love to find this information, but it seems that it is unknown.

i do have the feeling that when we officially enter the cloud, it will be very obvious. S & F for effort, more people need to know about this cloud, (its the ether...)

I could point out that you just said that time was a constant and in the same sentence you said that time was motion (which implies change). Well, which is it?

OK, I'll continue regardless:

Time is the fourth dimension in spacetime and like all the other three dimensions, we can measure it in meters (I know there are higher dimensions but I'm trying to keep it simple). 1 second equals approximately 386,000 km. This discovery (of Einstein's) allows you to do mathematics that explains many relativistic effects. Time is as real (nuts & bolts) and as "space like" as the other three dimensions. It is not a philosophical concept.

If we could go back into yesterdays spacetime, it would be exactly the way it was yesterday. The spacetime attributes of yesterday, define yesterday. In this way spacetime as a dimensional construct is static. There is movement of objects (including ourselves) within the dimensions, but spacetime itself doesn't move (where could it move to; when all coordinates are encompassed within spacetime?).

Also, if you had read the article linked by the OP, you would see that we are already in "the cloud", which has a magnetic field and consists of the debris of supernova explosions.

It's not the ether, it's dust.

Its boundary is spread throughout the milky way at a diameter of 30 light years and our Sun is pushing a small bubble (containing the solar system) through it as the Sun and the cloud move past each other in different directions. We are talking about something that has been measured by the Pioneer probes.

*SNIP*

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use
16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

edit on January 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Interesting!
I came upon a theory about how our solar system is moving in a rotating formation away from the big bang. The sun being the most magnetic, is capable of pulling our other elemental earths with the law of attraction. So we're moving in a corkscrew like pattern with the sun in the center, at approximately 1.2 billion miles per day as claimed in this video. Forgive me I don't have a link I just jump video to video. It's all theory and it makes sense, look into it. But with that idea, perhaps we're passing through the reminents of exploding stars that are beyond us in the expansion of our universe? Plausable?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
My suspicion has to do with a black hole merging inside the Earth from the LHC. It was said that it would take about four years to notice any changes, and I think this is a beginning. The sounds are the black hole consuming matter.

Another theory would be that our solar system is close to a large black hole in space and that the magnetic disturbance is due to that.

In any case, we shall see.

A black hole, without sufficient mass will simply fall apart. I think the mass required, is something on the order of 300 times the mass of our Sun. The LHC cannot generate sufficient mass to create a stable black hole.

A black hole in space near the Earth would cause a magnetic disturbance as well as a gravitational one. Both would be far greater than the 0.005 Gauss measured by Pioneer.

Neither has been observed.

This is a good indication that no such black hole exists.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarno
reply to post by EvanB

Interesting!
I came upon a theory about how our solar system is moving in a rotating formation away from the big bang. The sun being the most magnetic, is capable of pulling our other elemental earths with the law of attraction. So we're moving in a corkscrew like pattern with the sun in the center, at approximately 1.2 billion miles per day as claimed in this video. Forgive me I don't have a link I just jump video to video. It's all theory and it makes sense, look into it. But with that idea, perhaps we're passing through the reminents of exploding stars that are beyond us in the expansion of our universe? Plausable?

The Sun's magnetism is not what attracts the planets, it is the Sun's gravity. Trust me, it is all about the permittivity of space & such & I'm not going to try & argue it in an ATS post.

Our Galaxy could well be moving in a spiral away from the big bang but we'll likely never know. It is more likely that our galaxy is orbiting the central mass of millions of other galaxies that make up our local group of galaxies. Our sun is moving in orbit around our galactic core and the planets orbit our Sun.

Our galaxy and the Lesser Magellanic cloud galaxies have collided, or rather, passed through each other in ages past (and I mean billions of years in the past) and our galaxy being the bigger one, has stolen a lot of the mass of the other galaxy - true story!

The OP was saying that the cloud that they have detected IS the remnants of exploded stars so. yes, plausible and not only that, observable.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

time isnt a constant. the speed of light is the only constant. ( according to Einstein)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

nothing that your post refutes anything that i've said, you're talking in circles and pretending you know jack about space/time.

1) at no point did i say time is philosophical.

2) yes, of course you can measure time in meters. this is BECAUSE time is motion, and motion is displacement from one time to the other.

3) of course yesterday's space/time would be exactly like yesterday's space/time, because all space/times are different.

space/times are static only insofar as they are individual units. the SEQUENCE of space/times creates seeming motion and thus change.

i can see you are unfamiliar with concepts of space/time and time/space. Do your homework before telling other people what "truth" to believe in:

www.reciprocalsystem.com...

www.reciprocalsystem.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've been reading a lot of posts about these noises worldwide recently and find it extremely intriguing. I have only seen the videos with the posts, and never heard the noises myself.

However i do wonder if this is in fact NOT a natural occurrence, what if its man-made? I mean, we had Tesla, a man WAY ahead of his time...if someone like him achieved what he did then, what about now? Geniuses don't just end in the past do they?

What if somewhere TPHB know all about this? Start the scare mongering off small, word of mouth, It is known that these noises are getting more frequent.and before we know it we have mass hysteria on our hands, and they could have everyone right where they want them. We don't exactly know what they know, we speculate, about what they have hidden, scientific experiments ,and all the while we get played for the fool.

Just something i have been thinking about, so don't be too hard on me, it maybe some natural occurrence, Or it could well be cloaked aliens in the sky, (which would be cool), i guess we will find out one day, maybe not.

I Don't know anything and nothing about pole-shifts, magnetic clouds, ect, This is just my two pennies for what they are worth.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

yet more examples of how/why you are stuck in 19th century physics.

Perfect logarithmic spiral patterns ineptly describe features near the Sun,[56][61] namely since galaxies commonly exhibit arms that branch, merge, twist unexpectedly, and feature a degree of irregularity.[61][47][62] The possible scenario of the Sun within a spur / Local arm[56] emphasizes that point and indicates that such features are likely not unique, and exist elsewhere in the galaxy.[61]

all movement is spiral.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think this is the most probable explanation for many different phenomena that seem strange to everyone. For instance, the strange feelings everyone has been posting about could be attributed to magnetic sensitivity, or sensitivity to certain frequencies of electromagnetic radiation.

Since these strange sounds have been going on for hundreds of years, and probably thousands or even millions, and that should tell us that they are natural. Many have suspected such, but there are still others who claim they are man-made or extraterrestrial in origin. This is a stretch imho, and makes too many assumptions. Whichever hypothesis makes the fewest assumptions has an increased probability of being the correct one.

This could also be the reason so many ufo's are seen in these areas, meaning that unexplained lights in the sky are in fact explainable by atmospheric phenomena. This is one of the main reasons aliens flying around our skies is improbable, but that is for another thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

If you review my previous posts, I was recommending a particular textbook to someone else, namely, the book "Spacetime Physics" by Edwin F Taylor and John Archibald Wheeler. I recommend it, It may dispel some of your confusion.

I have studied Astrophysics in University and my favourite subject was spacetime physics. I am a member of an international honour society due to the quality of my results (in Astrophysics).

I can also spell and punctuate correctly.

Your turn.

edit on 19/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join