It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Solar System is Traveling Through a Magnetic Cloud.. Cause of Global Disruptions, and "Hum"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just wanted to add this to the mix of probable cause for all of the reported strange phenomena from all over the earth.

It has already been discussed in this thread from 2010 but has been neglected and forgotten.

Fact is.

The solar system is traveling through a very highly magnetized cloud 30 light years across.

Space.com

This cloud is having a profound effect on the heliosphere of the sun, compressing it to such an extent that it is allowing cosmic rays as far in the solar sytem as us.

It can also cause havoc with the sun itself by creating more CME's affecting communications, electrical systems etc. It can also create a circuit between the planets causing the planets to swap energies.. This will go someway to explain global warming on every planet in the solar system, and imoho is the cause for increased seismic activity, weird weather, and the hum that is being reported all over the world.

Your thoughts?
edit on 18-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My thoughts are that this is a theory for discussion. But the heading of the thread is a statement that makes it sound as if it's fact (all you need do is add a question mark OP).
edit on 18-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

There you go

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Heres what the late, great, paranormal researcher John Keel has to say about this sound From The Eighth Tower by John Keel
www.scribd.com...

"A
woman
in
Gaffney, South Carolina, was plagued by
eerie hums and strange mechanical sounds in the mid-1960s.She complained to the local police that someone was digging tunnels under her house, but a thorough investigation yielded nothing. Another woman living in Bellmore, New York, protested that her home was haunted with buzzing and humming sounds
that caused her to break out in a rash. The sounds were sometimes accompanied by the odor of a nauseous gas. In-vestigators heard the sounds but could not account for
them, In Antarctica, the tiny group of scientists living there
62 reported hearing the sounds of heavy machinery far out on the snowy plains. During my own investigations into the mountains of northern New Jersey, I wandered uncomfort-ably through old caves half-filled with water after local resi-dents had told me of hearing the sounds of pulsing machines.

edit on Tue Jan 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks for reviving this. I first signed up because I noticed my compass was pointing east and not north one day; I had lurked before, for months.

I think that what's happening in outer space and with the magnetic poles set to swap, that this theory makes the most sense to me.

I looked into the Mayan 2012 stuff after my then-teen son brought it to my attention, and there is established science that the poles do reverse from time to time (long, long time from our perpective; not so much from a "space" perspective).

When the year went from 2008-2009, I was staying with my dad while my mom was out of town. They have an atomic wall clock, and one day we were visiting and I happened to look up at it and noticed it was off. By several hours and minutes. My dad was a brilliant engineer, an extremely competent man who was fascinated by all things related to the universe and things such as Tesla explored.

Neither of us could figure out why the atomic clock was off...I'm a total lay person in engineering and space studies, but the magnetic shift seems to me to be the most likely reason for the extremes and anomalies we've noticed of late. I've heard the sounds, seen the clock and compass thing, and there is no doubt in my mind that our little corner of the universe is experiencing turbulence.

I think we're all hoping beyond hope that the pilot will get on the PA system and calm our fears. Or tell us we're going down. Either way, really...just -- tell us already!!
The suspense is only wreaking MORE havoc, when the obvious problems and catastrophes are bad enough!

seriously, if somewhat frightening, it's still a supremely interesting time to be alive, regardless of the eventual state of the world when balance is once again restored.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by starchild10

There you go

Excellent! Well it's just as much a possibility as some of them. You might be interested in some of the sickscent stuff.
www.sickscent.com...
www.sickscent.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I find this interesting to think about what could be causing the sounds...From 2009....

I've also heard that Auroras can be audible.. But there is not any scientific evidence of it. Theories suggest that perhaps something in the rocks/crust of the earth is amplifying the energy being produced by the aurora and giving off slightly audible noise. My stepfather sais he's heard it. It has also been reported by other people all over the world

Originally posted by BlasteR

Originally posted by king9072
Since when is there a dark side of the earth? And how to tornadoes occur in a vacuum?

The dark side of the earth could also be referred to as "the night side"..
That's all it means.

Keep in mind here, Geomagnetic storms involve earth's magnetic field being directly affected by the Solar wind/ Solar energy (produced by the sun). Therefore, due to the specific geometry produced and all the forces at work when the solar wind plows into the earth's magnetic field they are saying that these plasma vortices occur on the night side (The side of earth's magnetic field opposite the sun).

So, The night side It is also the side of the earth's magnetic field opposite the incomming solar energy that produces geomagnetic storms. Due to whatever forces are all at work, the magnetic field lines of the earth sometimes snap under stress. We've known for a long time that this is what produces the auroras by basically "funneling" energy into the earth's upper atmospher (although alot about the details is still mysterious and unknown).

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska so the Aurora come second nature to me personally. The University of Alaska (my alma madre) have all kinds of research going on all over the world. A few miles from my house they have a missile test site called "Poker Flats" where they launch rockets carrying instrumentation into the aurora in an effort to better understand all the forces at work.

What is bizarre to me is the newly discovered "Black Aurora" where instead of magnetic storms producing photons (light) they actually produce a black blob of moving energy that produces no light at all. They appear to be a kind of "anti-aurora". It has been videotaped multiple times by the European Space Agencies satellites.
sci.esa.int...

This video was filmed a few miles from my house

I've also heard that Auroras can be audible.. But there is not any scientific evidence of it. Theories suggest that perhaps something in the rocks/crust of the earth is amplifying the energy being produced by the aurora and giving off slightly audible noise. My stepfather sais he's heard it. It has also been reported by other people all over the world.

-ChriS

[edit on 24-4-2009 by BlasteR]

Found here www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-1-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I for one, am expecting to start hearing about more anomolies regarding time/timeslips/accidental timetravel/some peoples time passing slower or faster than others, etc.

Something along the lines of,

"honey, the wierdest thing happened while I was at the shop today. Normally it takes me the entire day to completely remove and tear down an engine from a car. Today, for some reason, I was able to do it before lunch.
The boss was impressed and told me to take the rest of the day off".

We shall see.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Could you give all the links you have to back this? It does sound as plausible as anything I have heard so far.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Fascinating theory. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Might pick up a compass tomorrow too.
edit on 18-1-2012 by DROKKR because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just wanted to add this to the mix of probable cause for all of the reported strange phenomena from all over the earth.

It has already been discussed in this thread from 2010 but has been neglected and forgotten.

Fact is.

The solar system is traveling through a very highly magnetized cloud 30 light years across.

Space.com

This cloud is having a profound effect on the heliosphere of the sun, compressing it to such an extent that it is allowing cosmic rays as far in the solar sytem as us.

It can also cause havoc with the sun itself by creating more CME's affecting communications, electrical systems etc. It can also create a circuit between the planets causing the planets to swap energies.. This will go someway to explain global warming on every planet in the solar system, and imoho is the cause for increased seismic activity, weird weather, and the hum that is being reported all over the world.

Your thoughts?

We have been traveling through this "magnetic cloud" for millions of years.

Compass and magnetic field strength meters have not changed any time recently. If they did, non-GPS navigation equipment would go haywire. It hasn't.

The heliosphere of the sun extends 200 times the distance from the Sun to the Earth (200AU). It has not been compressed significantly. Cosmic rays from the Sun have always reached the Earth.

The coming Solar Maximum is likely to be one of the most mild ones we have seen for some time, so few ultra-high power CMEs are likely in the short term.

You are vaguely picking at some science facts in the hope that they may support stuff that, in many cases of the "sound", have proven to be YouTube hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If the world really is created by human thoughts alone, I guess the OP and his clan are over empowering our special wishes for doomsday and replacing it with a modern boring rational explanation in order to enslave our minds forever and prevent us from having new ideas. The machines, the things you know, the earth, what they told you is all you will ever know. Now lets go to page 412 and read about why we can't commit suicide.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Parksie because: One of the words was wrong

-Delete post-
edit on 18-1-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
what would cause the planets to heat up, well heat for one example and what produces heat in the solar system, the sun. what would cause magnetic disruptions across the solar system , then sun, so its safe to say that the sun is the cause of this effect but what caused the effect on the sun..... hmmmm are we passing through an area in space that could make the sun act this way, possibly but probably not, the sun is still progressing through solar cycles which we have only hit the tip of the iceberg on , theres the 11 year solar cycles but who knows if there are cycles with longer time spans and more dramatic effects, we haven't been monitoring the sun's activity in detail for that long in terms of universal time.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Interesting OP,

I did have a silly idea about the noises myself today having originated in space, but it being from all those lovely Satelites orbiting our planet.

With that much metal, and signals flying allover the place, mainly back down to us, could it perhaps be some weird feedback ?

Probably not, but hey just a thought.

Think there may be some plausibilty in yours, we may have been in the oort cloud for some time, but the hole in the magentosphere is relatively new, could be allowing some of this sound energy through ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

No, we have just started travelling through this cloud..

I say just, but its been a few years and will take a few more to get out of it.
NASA

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, polar shifts happen from time to time but it is completely impossible to predict as they are a random event.
There is absolutely no signs that we are going through a pole shift now, as the magnetic field has been much lower many times without it shifting and is actually pretty strong now even though there has been a decline for last decades.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just to add about the strange "hum"; rocks are basically crystals.. Crystals can absorb and release energy. The minerals (also crystals) in rocks are magnetic..

If external electromagnetic waves are introduced then you have a resonance chamber created by rockforms and geological formations..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

You are correct as can be seen in paeleomagnetic samples taken from the sea bed.. Pole reversals have happened may times in geological history. But so have mass extinctions in parallel with some of the reversals on a cyclcal timeline..

Google it

3600 years

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Just to add about the strange "hum"; rocks are basically crystals.. Crystals can absorb and release energy. The minerals (also crystals) in rocks are magnetic..

If external electromagnetic waves are introduced then you have a resonance chamber created by rockforms and geological formations..

This is what I think and said in another thread a few months ago. It's a wild goose chase when you begin to research it and really try to figure it out. This is plausible though. The sounds it could make especially if there are a lot of marine volcanoes going off. There are at least a million in the sea. This Planet is mostly water.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Please read the source article again, carefully:

No, we have just started travelling through this cloud..

I say just, but its been a few years and will take a few more to get out of it.

It is due to the Voyager spacecraft's instruments that the measurements of this phenomenon have been discovered...that is what's a recent development.

Even in your OP, you quoted from the source the "30 light year" diameter of this region we are in.....so, when you wrote that it will take a "few more" years to get out of it? Think about that.....30 Light Years wide!!

Our Solar System is not moving that fast.....we'd have to be exceeding the speed of light.

What is the speed of the Solar System?

The Sun is moving towards Lambda Herculis at 20 kilometers per second or 12 miles per second. Or in units "per hour": 72,000 kilometers per hour or 45,000 miles per hour. This speed is in a frame of rest if the other stars were all standing still.

Speed of light? about 300,000 km per second or about 186,000 miles per second.....compared to 72,000 km/sec or 45,000 MPH.

But, about this phenomenon.....if it were so much of an effect so as to cause significant problems to our planet, and our atmosphere....then the many spacecraft we currently have operating in deep space would be severely affected, it would seem...no?

Not being harsh, just helping to clear up some logical details, and promote some thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join