It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begin Sex Ed in Kindergarten, Says New ‘National Standards’ Report

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I have a ton of pride for my country, and yet I am not blind to its flaws, I love the USA as much as I love Germany and I could tell you tons of Germany's flaws as I see them of course, as well. I am not saying perfect Germany, bad USA. The USA has many wonderful things, as a person who has lived in both countries I see flaws and good points of both countries.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkittie748
i am a parent of two boys and i as a mom would never ever want my children to learn about sexuality in any context for my children before the age of Puberty. No thank you!!!

So, you'll be quite fine if one day you discover they've been experimenting on furniture cushions all over the house, each other, or even house pets, or other disturbing things that they could get up to out of total blind uninformed and completely innocent ignorance?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

i am a parent of two boys and i as a mom would never ever want my children to learn about sexuality in any context for my children before the age of Puberty. No thank you!!!

It might be too late then. Once puberty hits, its game on then and there will be twice as many distractions to break through in order to teach them. It only makes your life harder, especially if your child is having sex before puberty. Then the kid will say, I did not know. He will say I had done it a few times before and this did not happen, why all of sudden is the girl pregnant. Just sayin......

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Ridiculous, Kindergarten kids are not near mature enough to have such a conversation.
To be honest, it's a miracle we even address it in 5th grade these days.

Sex ed is up to the parents, not the schools, and that includes sexual orientation.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why not? Understanding how animals, and we are animals, reproduce and how to be responsible is a bad thing how?

Choice between kids being able to recite some sort of religious dogma or knowing how to not make more people... I'll take knowing how to not make more people. We got 7 billion, we are well off in that department.

Derek

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yes, it is a shame, isn't it? But that is what the world has taught us...no matter what it is, there is someone willing to whack you in the head with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Ridiculous, Kindergarten kids are not near mature enough to have such a conversation.

Sex ed is up to the parents, not the schools, and that includes sexual orientation.

I agree 100%

Glad a few others do too.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

What if parents want the school to do it. What about those parents that are just not teachers. This subject is different and requires certain understandings and some parents may not be able to effectively teach this subject. This subject is not like dad teaching the child how to mow the yard or change the oil in the lawn mower. There are parents out there that out of no fault of their own are simply not good teachers and some will even admit that and just want the right person to teach them, especially when the parent knows right off they run the chance of screwing it all up.

I do think kindergarten is a bit early.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

POTUS wanted sex ed for kindergartners while he was campaigning and that turned me away from him forever. There is no rationalization for this. The current crop of social engineers keep sexualizing children younger and younger. As Mitt Romney said, "there is no age appropriate sex ed for kindergartners".

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Skewed

Yes, it is a shame, isn't it? But that is what the world has taught us...no matter what it is, there is someone willing to whack you in the head with it.

Well, if they whack you in the head, whack them back.

An eye for eye may leave the whole world blind, but if the people are too damn stupid to figure it out after the first few times, then the world deserves to be blind.

link   

Originally posted by nineix

So, you'll be quite fine if one day you discover they've been experimenting on furniture cushions all over the house, each other, or even house pets, or other disturbing things that they could get up to out of total blind uninformed and completely innocent ignorance?

( . . . - - - . . . )

ETA: never mind.

edit on Jan-18-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by wildtimes

But this is the assumption we are apparently working with, in regard to kiddie sex ed: our children will listen to everything they are told the first time, without question, and will not be tempted to see for themselves.

I remember being a child; sometimes, I refused warnings just to be obstinate. Sometimes, just because I was curious. But we can be certain that things could get sketchy if this were allowed.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

What if parents want the school to do it. What about those parents that are just not teachers. This subject is different and requires certain understandings and some parents may not be able to effectively teach this subject. This subject is not like dad teaching the child how to mow the yard or change the oil in the lawn mower. There are parents out there that out of no fault of their own are simply not good teachers and some will even admit that and just want the right person to teach them, especially when the parent knows right off they run the chance of screwing it all up.

Good God man !

If you are a parent, YOU gotta know !

Who taught the ones who can't teach ?

link   
reply to post by Skewed

You're missing the point. Are you AGAINST protecting our children? Are you opposed to taking common-sense precautions as regards their education?

link   

edit on CWednesdaypm555549f49America/Chicago18 by Starchild23 because: double post

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Skewed

Good God man !

If you are a parent, YOU gotta know !

Who taught the ones who can't teach ?

Hey it is not me, I taught my kids.

I am just saying, I know parents that could not teach how to get a glass of water.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

POTUS wanted sex ed for kindergartners while he was campaigning and that turned me away from him forever. There is no rationalization for this. The current crop of social engineers keep sexualizing children younger and younger. As Mitt Romney said, "there is no age appropriate sex ed for kindergartners".

Yep,

He is one of the agenda pushers.

and just think,

The future of the country is in His hands

(Youtube caption
"He'Got The Whole World in His Hand"
vocal : TANYA TUCKER
GOSPEL OLDIES)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by nineix

( . . . - - - . . . )

ETA: never mind.

edit on Jan-18-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

LOL! You completely forgot the key point in that post: PUBERTY.

Children are not going to experiment in earnest until their hormones urge them to. I don't see my friend's 8 year old running around humping pillow cushions out of blatant sexual curiosity...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by wildtimes

But this is the assumption we are apparently working with, in regard to kiddie sex ed: our children will listen to everything they are told the first time, without question, and will not be tempted to see for themselves.

I remember being a child; sometimes, I refused warnings just to be obstinate. Sometimes, just because I was curious. But we can be certain that things could get sketchy if this were allowed.

Of course they won't. That's why ongoing education is so critical. In fact, even with adults, it usually takes repeating something 5 or 6 times before it sinks in.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, star, do you mean "don't bring it up because that will spark interest and curiosity that will lead to trouble"....??

My stance is that ANY question a kid has should be answered honestly and without judgment by the parent. Whether guns, sex, genitalia, rain, pets having litters of offspring....if they ask, give an answer. Respect their curiosity, and take the adult/parenting path and tell them.

Respectfully (and brain-tired, gonna log off now, but will check back later!)
--wild

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I know I know,

just emphasizing the issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join