It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begin Sex Ed in Kindergarten, Says New ‘National Standards’ Report

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by tw0330
Here's a quick thought

Situation: Single Father has a young daughter of 5, 6 or 7. He explains to that child, with an educational child book, about the difference between girls and boys, showing her pictures in the "child book" illustrating the differences with drawings.

The girl tells a friend or another adult (let's say a teacher) about what she now knows, but fails to explain how she was taught as kids often leave out small, but important details like that.

(heck in this day and age, I would guess a person would jump to conclusions even if they did know all the details)

What will the end result be 90% of the time?

Think about it for a minute.

need I go on?

Good Post.

Obviously, the help of a councilor would be in order here.

Always for these "special circumstances", a Private councilor is in order.

But remember, make sure the councilor is qualified to YOUR satisfaction, not somebody else's.

The correct "councilor" may be a friend or relative, not necessarily a "professional" (best choice IMO).

A different "situation" ....

A public school teacher is a pedophile (clever, educated, cloaked and unknown, and a psychopath).
(sound familiar ?)

S(He) teaches YOUR child about sex per their own "approved" and unauthorized agenda.

The child does not know the pedophile's deviate intentions.

Later, YOUR child is a victim.

Think about THAT ...

Yep I see your point.

I'll Raise.

A "Friend" explains it to them. (age or gender does not matter here this day and age)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by xuenchen

Once again you add nothing of value and ive realized how you debate like a child.

Brilliant deduction Watson ! My kids knew that long before you did !

See, you have no logical or factual reason to have any idea about this. and yet you try and spew it like gospel, and then add a
face as if that bolsters your arguement...everytime? that just seems like the type of thing people do when they have nothing to come back with, so they resort to drivel like this.

Obviously you have nothing of substance to debate me with, as you started rambling off into tuna and commercials from the 70's. Your not a tuna. And honestly, I wouldn't chase a tuna without a degree in higher education.

OOOOhKay....

Post #4 and counting.

Your not a tuna. And honestly, I wouldn't chase a tuna without a degree in higher education.

Thanks for confirming MY suspicions

Thanks again, But No Thanks.

By the Way, Do These Look Familiar ?

The Majority of Citizens have no problem.

The pseudo-intellectuals DO !

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

If you don't like it move, you have the choice to live anywhere you wish. But I don't think we should keep dumming down our kids, "for their own good" and giving them other bad thoughts, like lying.

[color=dodgerblue]Just where exactly did you get that from my post?

I was honest with him. No part of what I told him was anything other than the truth. Maybe I didn't go into detail, but he is FOUR. He doesn't care about the details. I will elaborate as he gets older with age appropriate details.

I plan on doing the same with my two year old.

I think as parents, we are biased, and we really dont know what we are talking about.

[color=dodgerblue]Maybe that is true for you. But I know exactly what I am talking about. No one knows my child like I do. I will be the one to determine when he is ready and for what. My child is developmentally delayed so he is not ready at the same time as his peers for many things.

Maybe you weren't intending for your post to come off as rude, but it kind of seemed like that to me.
edit on 20-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Apparently, there will be a practical each week with the teacher giving sweeties to the kids showing him the best technique.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Here's a quick thought

Situation: Single Father has a young daughter of 5, 6 or 7. He explains to that child, with an educational child book, about the difference between girls and boys, showing her pictures in the "child book" illustrating the differences with drawings.

The girl tells a friend or another adult (let's say a teacher) about what she now knows, but fails to explain how she was taught as kids often leave out small, but important details like that.

(heck in this day and age, I would guess a person would jump to conclusions even if they did know all the details)

What will the end result be 90% of the time?

Think about it for a minute.

need I go on?

Good Post.

Obviously, the help of a councilor would be in order here.

Always for these "special circumstances", a Private councilor is in order.

But remember, make sure the councilor is qualified to YOUR satisfaction, not somebody else's.

The correct "councilor" may be a friend or relative, not necessarily a "professional" (best choice IMO).

A different "situation" ....

A public school teacher is a pedophile (clever, educated, cloaked and unknown, and a psychopath).
(sound familiar ?)

S(He) teaches YOUR child about sex per their own "approved" and unauthorized agenda.

The child does not know the pedophile's deviate intentions.

Later, YOUR child is a victim.

Think about THAT ...

Yep I see your point.

I'll Raise.

A "Friend" explains it to them. (age or gender does not matter here this day and age)

Well maybe gender.

I would think a boy would better understand from a Man.

A girl from a Woman.

In my case, it was both my wife and myself.

BUT, I have two daughters, so the the wife took the lead and I was "there" to have the girls feel comfortable.

Best thing I ever did in this regard.

Outside interference can be dangerous.

BTW, this took several years to complete the right way.

My kids have thanked me and they already have a plan in place if and when they have kids.

I did however help a friend of mine who had one son.

It worked also.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
Apparently, there will be a practical each week with the teacher giving sweeties to the kids showing him the best technique.

I really don't get it, but it sounds cool !

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yes, exactly, can you imagine the creepy people who would be attracted to the kindergarten profession when they realize sex ed is actively being taught per the edict of the public education system? I just don't understand the thinking of liberals on this. The age at which teaching kids sex ed has been going down and down and down, why even at the Catholic schools in the 90's it was 3rd grade.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

For about the 15th time in this thread, I quote:

Standards to be introduced in kindergarten and be met by the second grade include: “Identify different kinds of family structures” and “Demonstrate ways to show respect for different types of families.”

Recommendations for students by the time they reach age seven include that they "Use proper names for body parts, including male and female anatomy” and “[p]rovide examples of how friends, family, media, society and culture influence ways in which boys and girls think they should act.”

Where in any of that does it state that they will be teaching kids how to have sex at the age of 5??

SEXUAL AND SEXUALITY EDUCATION =/= TEACHING KIDS HOW TO HAVE SEX!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You know what? I'm not even going to bother with you anymore. You're not worth my time.
edit on 20/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

And the word is "dumbing" down not dumming.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Standards to be introduced in kindergarten and be met by the second grade include: “Identify different kinds of family structures” and “Demonstrate ways to show respect for different types of families.”

Recommendations for students by the time they reach age seven include that they "Use proper names for body parts, including male and female anatomy” and “[p]rovide examples of how friends, family, media, society and culture influence ways in which boys and girls think they should act.”

Where in any of that does it state that they will be teaching kids how to have sex at the age of 5??

And you don't recognize the agenda on the "different kinds of family structures" ? Either you are naive or you are part of that agenda. And screaming at me in all caps does not make your statement any more acceptable. Also, I maintain that children that age generally know the names of body parts like hands and feet, and it's just darn not up to teachers to teach them the names of private parts. It's just that freakin simple. It's completely inappropriate.

edit on 20-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Again,

Thanks but no Thanks.

I made MY own decisions.

Definitely not based on your agendas.

I say: "Screw the Standards".

My way was better.

The Parents decide. Period.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You know what? I'm not even going to bother with you anymore. You're not worth my time.
edit on 20/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

I bet that's what you will dictate to teachers to say to unruly kids too !
Hmmm.... Now we are getting somewhere.

AND
Wheeeew !!

It's about time !!!

That's been MY whole point.

Leave ME and MY Family alone already !!!

I will convey your thinking to the local school boards.

BTW, do YOU have a degree too ?

For all you membranes that are pushing this agenda, you sure have a way with words

Good work too.

Now the normal people can see the difference for a change !!

Parents Beware the FOX in the Henhouse !!

edit on Jan-20-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

The failures of past and current "nationalized" programs are part of the problem.

No Child Left behind is one example.

So, what you are saying is that since it hasn't gone right in a while, we should just give up? Quit?
Are you a quitter?
Are you condoning quitting?
Do want the government to just give up and stop trying to improve anything, anywhere, at all?

When I was a kid sex ed was in 6th grade, when my kid was in school it was down to 3rd grade. Now they are pushing kindergarten. Why? Because the problem is not that children need to be sexualized earlier and earlier to
"protect them from abusers" but that the general morality of our society has gone into the toilet, and pushing it more and more won't help it. Kids are exposed to this stuff anyway on the tv and everywhere. Why hasn't it gotten better since I was a kid ? You would think that all this teaching of kids younger and younger would have stopped all this terrible pedophilia and so on, wouldn't it? But I believe that we are just making it worse because society has changed to be more and more promiscuous. What are you going to do when the morals have degraded so that your kids are being taught fisting because some jackazz in the public school believes in the Kinsey way of doing things? Think I'm kidding? I'm not, when our POTUS appoints someone like Kevin Jennings as School Safety Czar. Don't know who he is?

In March 2000 the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) organization of Massachusetts held its 10 Year Anniversary GLSEN/Boston conference at Tufts University. This conference was fully supported by the Massachusetts Department of Education, the Safe Schools Program, the Governor’s Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth, and some of the presenters even received federal money. During the 2000 conference, workshop leaders led a “youth only, ages 14-21″ session that offered lessons in “fisting” a dangerous sexual practice. During another workshop an activist asked 14 year-old students, “Spit or swallow?… Is it rude?” The unbelievable audio clip is posted here. Barack Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Kevin Jennings is the founder of GLSEN. He was paid $273,573.96 as its executive director in 2007. Jennings was the keynote speaker at the 2000 GLSEN conference.

biggovernment.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

When I was a kid sex ed was in 6th grade, when my kid was in school it was down to 3rd grade. Now they are pushing kindergarten. Why? Because the problem is not that children need to be sexualized earlier and earlier to
"protect them from abusers" but that the general morality of our society has gone into the toilet, and pushing it more and more won't help it. Kids are exposed to this stuff anyway on the tv and everywhere. Why hasn't it gotten better since I was a kid ? You would think that all this teaching of kids younger and younger would have stopped all this terrible pedophilia and so on, wouldn't it? But I believe that we are just making it worse because society has changed to be more and more promiscuous. What are you going to do when the morals have degraded so that your kids are being taught fisting because some jackazz in the public school believes in the Kinsey way of doing things? Think I'm kidding? I'm not, when our POTUS appoints someone like Kevin Jennings as School Safety Czar. Don't know who he is?

And after the Kindergarten failures ?

Look Out now !

I bet they try womb injections next.

Or some kind of visual computer screen programs for 3 month olds.

Science works in odd ways when they fail time after time and still get paid for it !

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I didn't ask for your opinion about the matter. I asked specifically about this program. And with sources.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The child needs to be treated with respect, not be sexualized in the schools.

Montessori in the Middle School

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

I didn't ask for your opinion about the matter. I asked specifically about this program. And with sources.

Sir Yes Sir !!

The point of the OP is the financial agenda of the psuedo intellectuals.

The side program that is linked inside the OP article is not MY entire point.

Ask the experts. I can only confirm my own experiences.

I do not agree with any of "The Program" as it is.

There is no proof of success.

Read the entire link and show me any truth.

Read all my posts and ask from there.

Benevolent Heretic
may be better suited to answer specifics, I think S(He) actually read the thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I hear all this fear mongering about fox in the hen house, and children getting 'sexualized'. I hear all this crazy delusional talk saying that if children are given a comprehensive education that the teachers will take advantage of that educational material to molest the children.

WHAT? I mean, REALLY? W T F?

What you fail to understand is that if there is some sick pedophile in the system with contact and access to children, they are not going to need any excuse with the teaching curriculum or material to have their way with any child they set their sights on. If someone is sick, and they are already a teacher, or have goals about being a teacher, they don't need any other excuse or temptation other than their own sick derangement.

What is wrong with you people? You honestly believe that if children are given a comprehensive education that sick people are going to try to exploit the knowledge? Sick people are going to take and do what they are going to do, whenever and wherever opportunity presents itself.

Your fear mongering with false statements, logical fallacies, biased sources with outright fictional data is irresponsible, shameful, intolerant, intolerable and disgusting.

edit on 20-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Oh right , and there are no molesters out there going to the homes of 13 year olds either thinking they are going to have sex....are you that naive about this? Why make it easier?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join