It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begin Sex Ed in Kindergarten, Says New ‘National Standards’ Report

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Your kids went to a private school. They weren't rubbing elbows with kids that have/come from alcoholic/abusive parents, broken homes, poverty, and all the other conditions down to the least common denominator.

You are assuming again, and you are wrong.

Some families had all of your above citations.

That's why we had parent meetings and get togethers.

It worked.

Further, as a private school, your kid's teachers likely were paid a great deal more than public school teachers to give them a better quality education and the attention they needed.

Actually, the pay was the same.

The better education came from qualifications, not rates of pay.

will continue .....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
reply to post by xuenchen

Sex ed it taught by registered nurses. The regular science teachers don't do it. Each year they add a word. For example, 6th graders aren't taught the word "clitoris." They are directed to ask parents about it. 7th graders learn it and label it on drawings.

The public schools in my area at the time did use regular teachers also.

All per "approved" guidlines.

I did not "approve" of those guidlines and directives.

Not to mention the qualifications were not sufficient in my view.

My choice. I was aware of past failures and problems.

No change was No dice to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Now, go to the public school. As stated, some of the kids your kids will be interacting with may come from broken and abusive homes. These kinds of environments have an impact on a child, and children will act out. This can make giving attention to regular untroubled students difficult for teachers.
Further, these troubled children can teach their peers all sorts of bad habits, and things they've learned from their broken homes, like drug abuse, sex, stealing, bullying, inappropriate language, inappropriate manners, and many of the other least common denominator factors.

All the kids from the neighborhood played in the same parks and many were friends from public and private schools and community activities.

All of the above "denominators" were present.

The parents handled the "differences" as you say.

We really had no differences.

Just the public school system was tainted.

The parents did the rest.

Simple as that.

And kids who are less "troubled" can teach the "troubled" kids also.
(Parents too) ... it works both ways.

And guess what ..... some of the kids who had "parental" sex-ed taught the kids from public schools.
The public schools were not good enough.

Yes, economic factors come into play. Your children are privileged elite by public school standards.
They didn't have to roll around in and play in the muck.

Again, you are assuming.

The private school was not all that "expensive" (less than $1000 per year at the time)
(I worked for the money)

And I had a regular job just like anyone else. No "elite" salary or big inheritances.
(wife worked part time -- regular job, nothing "elite")

And right, they didn't have to roll around in any muck ........ but they know all about it.
----through parental education.

I rolled in some mud when I was a kid and so did my wife !

Experience is the best teacher as they say.

How did we get through all that ?

We had no drug problems, etc.

Shame on me.

Are you talking about the "inner city" type economic problems ?

That may be a different story.

Maybe we need to legislate the solution somehow ?

You know, make it "universal".

You know, force parental competence ?

The schools have failed to do the "parental" job.

Maybe we re-educate the parents ? Then they can perform up to society's "standards".

I can think of a few ways. Very "mandatory" too ... just like what many "educators" want for the kids.

Maybe a course on family values and family economics would be good for a start. Then graduate to a home sex-ed program.

Teach the parents all the principals of "parenting".

Hmmm.

Is that P.C. ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think a core issue here that really hasn't been mentioned much is that parents should not only be notified beforehand of these sorts of curricula and, most importantly, be able to opt their children out of it they so choose. Rather like going on a field trip - when I was in grade school children had to turn in a signed permission slip from their parent(s) in order to go on the trip. Otherwise, they would spend that part of the day in a study hall or the library doing homework instead. The same should be offered for whatever is considered sex-ed.

That would solve a whole host of problems, as parents who agreed with what was being taught or didn't care would have nothing to worry about, and those parents who do not agree with what will be taught can do the "birds and bees" teaching of their children themselves. That would be the ideal way to go, as not all parents can afford to send their children to private schools and it is very unfair to trap poorer children in these teachings if the parents don't agree with it.

So I say let the schools offer whatever they will (within reason, of course), but bottom line - let the parents/legal guardians make the decision as to whether to let the school system do the job or for them to do the job instead.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

All per "approved" guidlines.

I did not "approve" of those guidlines and directives.

What failures and problems? Does this program have any?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

All per "approved" guidelines.

I did not "approve" of those guidelines and directives.

What failures and problems? Does this program have any?

The public school sex-ed programs have been around for decades in the U.S.

Quite a few different ones.

The crime rates supposedly related have not been significantly reduced despite claims.

The teen pregnancies have not been reduced either.

The sex-ed programs are all written by people with:

College degrees of various levels.

Lawyers, Accountants, Doctors, etc all involved.

All for big money funding to produce studies with specified results.

The agendas have not worked for the targeted groups.

Crimes related like rape are just that ...... criminal acts.
(and mental illness related as in psychiatric disorders and drug use)

Many prosecutor lawyers are against recognition of mental illnesses related to crimes because it reduces the prison incarceration rates.

Defense lawyers argue that many criminals have genetic psychiatric disorders and don't belong in the jails.

Sex-ed has not reduced any existing problem.

All failed public school programs are all designed by educated people.

Hmmm.

What do we learn from that ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I think as parents, we are biased, and we really dont know what we are talking about. When they start asking questions, thats when you tell them everything. You don't tell lies, and you don't try and hide the truth. This is part of life, and I don't know why its been so condemned. I say teach it to them when theyre ready, which is about the age of 4-9 years old. If you don't like it move, you have the choice to live anywhere you wish. But I don't think we should keep dumming down our kids, "for their own good" and giving them other bad thoughts, like lying.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Here I go, YET AGAIN asking you for your PROOF to this baseless claim.
Where is it?
I've asked 3 times now.
You're wearing down my patience.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

fine!
keep lying to your kids. No skin off my back

We all knew these kids back in school. The kids who believed that santa was real for way to long. The kids who actually believed a stork delivered them or that babies come from a "tummy" and not a vagina... lol

But yea, go ahead and intentionally keep your kids as ignorant as long as possible!

also i fail to see how i am a phony or have an agenda ha?
Im just a young adult who was fortunate enough to have science teachers for parents who werent afraid of science or reality.

edit on 1/19/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

Never did call YOU a phony. Just the phonies that are selling the agendas.

Both of your posts here seem to be going against your parents principals as science teachers don't they ?

If you have some legitimate logic, please enlighten us. According to you, we need it !!

It looks to me like you failed to grasp the teachings.

Maybe there's something to that old theory that "genius" always skips a generation !!

p.s. My kids are smarter than ME (no thanks to your ideas however !) ... they went to college, I didn't

I had to get a job ( and liked it by the way)

and besides that, I still believe in Santa Clause !!
... MY choice !

Peace to you, you seem very angry with your sordid life.

edit on Jan-20-2012 by xuenchen because:

edit on Jan-20-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by daryllyn

I think as parents, we are biased, and we really dont know what we are talking about. When they start asking questions, thats when you tell them everything. You don't tell lies, and you don't try and hide the truth. This is part of life, and I don't know why its been so condemned. I say teach it to them when theyre ready, which is about the age of 4-9 years old. If you don't like it move, you have the choice to live anywhere you wish. But I don't think we should keep dumming down our kids, "for their own good" and giving them other bad thoughts, like lying.

Good post

But please, encourage and help all parents to get the job done themselves !

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Here I go, YET AGAIN asking you for your PROOF to this baseless claim.
Where is it?
I've asked 3 times now.
You're wearing down my patience.

Sorry !

Since when is rape NOT a criminal act ?

Since when are rapists not psychotically or psychologically sick ?

Show ME where rape or any crime is directly related to sex-ed ? (or lack of)

No biased studies please. I am impatient.

ETA: one article and opinion: 90% of all campus rapes occur under the influence of alcohol.

edit on Jan-20-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

So you really believe that if we just teach children age 5 or 6 about sex that is going to stop sexual predators? All you are doing is sexualizing children earlier and earlier. What happened to childhood innocense and why wouldn't you want to protect that as long as you can?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The sex-ed programs are written by Siecus and Planned Parenthood, or at least with their collusion.

Nonetheless, the influence of Alfred Kinsey can't be diminished. "Kinsey's findings spawned a revolution and transformed western culture," writes Grossman. Besides convincing a gullible public that bizarre sexual practices were the norm in America, his legacy was carried on by his associates and passed on to America's youth. Mary Calderone, who worked closely with Kinsey, founded SIECUS, which stands for Sex Information and Education Council of the United States. Today SIECUS thrives as the nation's preeminent sex ed organization and primary advocate for "comprehensive sexuality education." Not surprisingly, prior to forming SIECUS with seed money from none other than Hugh Hefner, Calderone had been director of Planned Parenthood.
Grossman writes that Calderone wasn't interested in having SIECUS teach about treating or preventing disease. "Like Kinsey, she was crusading for social reform...[She] believed there was an urgent need to break from traditional ideas about sex, especially the way it was taught to young people. She found fault with the model used in school-based programs because they focused on preventing pregnancy and venereal diseases...[now called sexually transmitted diseases]. Calderone believed that when the negativity of sex education is added to society's repressive morality, the result is too many no's."
SIECUS managed to work its way into school sex education programs across the country emphasizing sex as "positive, natural and healthy." Calderone teamed up with another Kinsey acolyte, Lester Kirkendall, and SIECUS began its radical transformation of sex ed. Grossman writes, "[T]hey embarked on a crusade to inculcate in American youth what were seen by them as eternal, unquestionable truths."

www.onenewsnow.com...

SIECUS webpage

Sexuality education is a life-long process of acquiring information and forming attitudes, beliefs, and values. For over 40 years, SIECUS has been a leader in the fight to ensure that everyone has access to information and education about their sexuality. SIECUS provides countless resources to help educators, advocates, and parents secure supportive public policies, provide high quality education, and help our youth become sexually healthy.

www.siecus.org...

Oh yes, and another thing, on their webpage they had bragged about how they would be receiving funding from the STIMULUS package of Obama. I have not been able to find the page since, but I saw it right about the time Obamacare was being promoted. The Simulus package was pre-Obamacare funding for SIECUS and for funding abortions.
edit on 20-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The sex-ed programs are written by Siecus and Planned Parenthood, or at least with their collusion.

And here I always thought those two were genuine un-biased groups

Both with genuine individual charitable contributions from genuine everyday type people !!

Here is some "Eye" opening facts for the "agenda clingers" :::::

(from 2004 report)

Last year, U.S. Representatives Chris Smith, (R-NJ) and Joe Pitts, (R-PA) requested the Government Accounting Office to review the Fiscal Year 2001 expenditures of the organizations whose agendas effectively promote promiscuity such as Planned Parenthood, Federation of America, the Population Council, Advocates for Youth, and...SIECUS.

What did it find?

The organizations listed above including SIECUS "reported spending approximately $170 million in federal funds to support their domestic health-related activities."

A closer look at sex ed funding

Aahemm ... Excuuuze ME please !

SIECUS strives to push sexually explicit material on children, even those who are in elementary school. The organization's February/March 1996 "Position Statement" stated:

"When sensitively used in a manner appropriate to the viewer's age and developmental level, sexually explicit visual, printed, or on-line materials can be valuable educational or personal aids helping to reduce ignorance and confusion and contributing to a wholesome concept of sexuality."

Good God Almighty !!

That "wholesome concept" of sexuality really means "anything goes." It gives license to children and teens to engage in any number of sexual behaviors from premarital sex to homosexual sex. SIECUS's "About Us" section on the webpage states:

"SIECUS provides major news source with information on...the inadequacies of abstinence-only-until marriage programs, and the many issues faced by gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth."
Teenage pregnancies anybody ?

SIECUS cloaks itself as a respectable dispenser of information about sex; in reality, it peddles a message that is diametrically opposed to traditional morality. When it comes to sex, SIECUS' agenda effectively places pleasure above responsibility and health. "Relationships" matter more than marriage. Long-accepted moral wrongs are to become rights: be it abortion, homosexuality, or bisexuality.

Furthermore, SIECUS does this at your expense!

Parents Beware ..... Taxpayers Beware !!

Please ... READ the Article !!

We Have Been Hoodwinked and Rooked !!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Lol im afraid i wont really be able to reply to this post because honestly, you make absolutely no sense to me

Both of your posts here seem to be going against your parents principals as science teachers don't they ?

Please elaborate. Im on the side of informing people. You are against informing people. How does that go against them? see when your post starts off making absolutely no sense, I lose a little respect for the rest of it.

If you have some legitimate logic, please enlighten us. According to you, we need it !!

I fail to see where you add anything of substance or logic, its all pure emotion.
but here are some facts. boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina. Thats what your afraid of having kindergarten age kids realize.

Maybe there's something to that old theory that "genius" always skips a generation !!

I find this rather funny. Someone who never completed a college degree, questioning the intelligence of someone who just completed a degree in the computer sciences

and besides that, I still believe in Santa Clause !! ... MY choice !

and you have kids. No offence, but you really do seem like an unintelligent and immature person.

Peace to you, you seem very angry with your sordid life.

not quite sure why you say this, or where you even got the idea? I assume your just trying to get personal and emotional to draw attention away from your obvious intellectual short-comings. But if you actually read my post earlier and digested it, you would see im a pretty happy person due to the fact my parents didnt have me living in some fantasy world for a decade
I just get annoyed when people spew ignorant BS, such as yourself

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

The SIECUS materials go way beyond just the basics. That is part of the problem. Also, starting sex ed in kindergarten really goes against parental guidance for their small ones. Why does some creepy kindergarten teacher have to replace parents at this sensitive age? This is nothing but Nanny Statism and Obama is the premiere promoter of it, as during the Saddleback forum he stated that parents abusing their kids was one of the biggest concerns he had for America and second only to his worries about genocide at Darfur. He advocates sex ed for kindergarten as well. Put that all together, a belief that parents are the abusers and the teacher is the savior with a school program....and you have a recipe for the State replacing the common sense of the parent. This, in fact, is part of the communist program. The next step will be arresting the parents when the teacher asks the children invasive questions about their parents. This sort of thing is already happening in the pediatric offices.
edit on 20-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I fail to see where you add anything of substance or logic, its all pure emotion.
but here are some facts. boys have a penis. Girls have a vagina. Thats what your afraid of having kindergarten age kids realize.
Brilliant deduction Watson !

My kids knew that long before you did !

I find this rather funny. Someone who never completed a college degree, questioning the intelligence of someone who just completed a degree in the computer sciences
YES, Funny ... isn't it !!

Post number 3 and still no reasonable logic ?

and you have kids. No offence, but you really do seem like an unintelligent and immature person.

To catch This Fish (that would ME), you need more than an empty hook with no bait and a plastic bobber.

I require Filet Mignon (medium rare please) cut to Golden Ratio dimensions and a genuine solid oak bobber.

Sorry Charlie, only the best tuna get to be Starkist !

Besides that, don't you know who I AM ?

( Youtube Caption:
1. 1976 Star Kist with Charley the Tuna and his harp
2. 1974 short version of the 1971 Ad Council PSA for stopping pollution (with the famous crying native american) )

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here's a quick thought

Situation: Single Father has a young daughter of 5, 6 or 7. He explains to that child, with an educational child book, about the difference between girls and boys, showing her pictures in the "child book" illustrating the differences with drawings.

The girl tells a friend or another adult (let's say a teacher) about what she now knows, but fails to explain how she was taught as kids often leave out small, but important details like that.

(heck in this day and age, I would guess a person would jump to conclusions even if they did know all the details)

What will the end result be 90% of the time?

Think about it for a minute.

need I go on?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Here's a quick thought

Situation: Single Father has a young daughter of 5, 6 or 7. He explains to that child, with an educational child book, about the difference between girls and boys, showing her pictures in the "child book" illustrating the differences with drawings.

The girl tells a friend or another adult (let's say a teacher) about what she now knows, but fails to explain how she was taught as kids often leave out small, but important details like that.

(heck in this day and age, I would guess a person would jump to conclusions even if they did know all the details)

What will the end result be 90% of the time?

Think about it for a minute.

need I go on?

Good Post.

Obviously, the help of a councilor would be in order here.

Always for these "special circumstances", a Private councilor is in order.

But remember, make sure the councilor is qualified to YOUR satisfaction, not somebody else's.

The correct "councilor" may be a friend or relative, not necessarily a "professional" (best choice IMO).

A different "situation" ....

A public school teacher is a pedophile (clever, educated, cloaked and unknown, and a psychopath).
(sound familiar ?)

S(He) teaches YOUR child about sex per their own "approved" and unauthorized agenda.

The child does not know the pedophile's deviate intentions.

Later, YOUR child is a victim.

Think about THAT ...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Once again you add nothing of value and ive realized how you debate like a child.

Brilliant deduction Watson ! My kids knew that long before you did !

See, you have no logical or factual reason to have any idea about this. and yet you try and spew it like gospel, and then add a
face as if that bolsters your arguement...everytime? that just seems like the type of thing people do when they have nothing to come back with, so they resort to drivel like this.

Obviously you have nothing of substance to debate me with, as you started rambling off into tuna and commercials from the 70's. Your not a tuna. And honestly, I wouldn't chase a tuna without a degree in higher education.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join