It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Launches Online Petition to Stop SOPA & PIPA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

and so the gov plan works keep the masses frightened to the point of , "today I am now the king of NAMaC , pronounced Na Mac, all power is now held by me, King Obama, you my now bow down to me" is it Si-Fi or is it the future? time will tell, a shot time at that.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
I didn't really want to start a new thread just to share a link...

Just wanted to get the word out, not only US Citizens can sign a petition against SOPA. There is one addressed to the US State Department that anyone from anywhere can sign: americancensorship.org...

This issue will affect everyone!

I just wanted to add:

Maybe you can all share this link. People need to understand what will happen to the global internet without American servers. Also, there is the issue with destabilizing the internet with the won-ton blocking of IP addresses. This video will also help understanding: player.vimeo.com... (Sorry, not Youtube or Google.. no clue how to imbed it)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm glad someone did something.. Google says themselves that it won't even work and they are right.. You really will never be able to stop piracy on the internet..

They have a list of opponents to the bill.. Some of them are pretty impressive.

List

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

um why isn't this topic on the HOME page? When i first saw this on the news i ran here and had to search for this!!!! This site especially should soooo have this topic and many others like it on the home page!!!! I DON'T want these STUPID controlling bills to pass!!!! YUP I soooooo posted this on my facebook etc. I sooo signed that bill!!!

These bills make my eyes burn!!! This will soooo change the way i do homework , watch t.v. and play games
!!!!

Seriously I want to know what Milhouse of a loser spoiled my party, I want their grubby fingerz to stay away from the internet!!! Goodness there should be no regulation in this, just cause the 2% whine we cower!!!!

NEVER ..... I dare these clowns to take away my happiness!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A few media outlets "briefly" mentioned that with SOPA supposedly shelved until February, Congress is scheduled to vote on a "sister" SOPA bill on January 24th. I haven't had time to dig up any links to this so-called sister bill. Anyone else know of this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join