It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I died yesterday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

you've experienced what normally called a 'time-slip' ..

search ATS for that very word.. multiple threads on it..

~cheers

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yep, back when I was young and dumb this happened to me. I was heading home, only a few miles away and then next thing I know is I wake up on the other side of the dam county driving down the Hi-way. It took me awhile to figure out where I was but I eventually made it home because the adrenalin kept me awake from that point on. That scared the crap out of me, that I could have drove that far being asleep. I must have made several turns. Thank God it was late at night and not many people were on the road. I still think someone intervened.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I did pull over and taken 15 minutes but like I say it didn't help and I had to get to an interview on time also.
How did the interveiw go? Exhausted to the point of thinking you had died and switched universes.
Not the kind of thing you want to share with your prospective future employer. At least not in this universe.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
ive spoken to people before that have died, who experienced nothing. but then again, it might not be the same for everyone or whatever. i remember hearing in bible studies that you spend 10000 years in death? i cant remember clearly. my 2 cents . thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I believe you OP. I've had a similar experience that I won't get into right now but I know exactly what you are talking about. Many others have experienced similar things. You can search for 'time slips' on ATS and tons of threads will show up. I believe parallel realities are very real. Heck, even our theoretical physicists do. I don't know if you are into channeled material at all but this video goes into this subject. I'll transcribe it for those you can't see. Starting at 5:45:

"When you die you still have a choice to keep on living until you make the choice to actually go all the way into non-physical reality, you actually are given the choice to simply go back and pick up where you left off and in a sense forget that you actually died, or maybe remember it as a dream, or just some funny kind of glitch in your reality that you don't quite understand how you made it alive through that accident, but obviously you did, when in fact, no you didn't. But when you die you are still given the opportunity, 'would you like to go back an continue?' 'Yes, thank you please.' 'Alright, there you go'. And you pick up where you left off on the other side of the accident, wondering and scratching your head wondering how you made it out of that alive. Well, again, you didn't. Many of you have died many times, you just don't remember, but you are given an opportunity and a choice even then to pick up the life and keep on going. Now, in a sense what you are actually doing is creating another parallel reality, but you are creating a sense of continuity to such a degree that is seems like it's the same life that you are continuing, it doesn't matter in effect. You can still have the same ideas, the same goals, the same friends, the same feelings, all of it. Although of course, there's usually something left behind that makes you feel suddenly a little different than you did before when you go through an experience like that."

edit on 19-1-2012 by Erowynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I know this might sound wierd but I think I died yesterday. Let me set the scene the night before last, I was working night shifts and got home from work around 8am and went to bed. I knew I had a job interview the next day so I had to be up early to get back into daylight mode so I got up at 1:30 pm. My interview was at 8.30 am but was 150 miles from where I lived so I had to leave at 4:30 am to make sure I was on time. So the night before I go to bed and get to sleep about 11:30 pm and up again at 4 am. Obviously I am feeling very, very tired but I set off anyway.

The journey itself should take around 3 hours, so I was driving on the motorway and found myself struggling to keep my eyes open, so much so that I was all over the road. Anyway I stopped for 15 minutes and carried on but it didn't seem to help. Anyway I think I fall asleep at the wheel and time seemed to have jumped, I arrived at my destination in what seemed like an hour of travelling. I am pretty sure also I fell asleep for a considerable length of time whilst driving.

I know this all sounds a bit strange and it is very difficult to put into words what hapened on that journey and how I felt. But what I think may have happened is that I had a car accident and died that day but I have continued to live in an alternative universe. I am quite sure of this, in fact since this has happened I have thought of many instances where it is likely this could have happened. So this begs the question do we not die? Do we just transcend to another reality when it does happen? I am now sure that is what happens.

well your using the internet. so... maybe try and look up the obituaries in the paper for you name.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So following your logic... if you died and are in a different dimension/universe... does that mean that all of us posters who are responding to your thread must also be in that other dimension/universe? If so, then I would have to tell you that I have not switched dimensions lately.. or for years, or at all, for that matter. I could be off. Does this make sense to you?

I hope that it was a one-time occurrence. If you are having time-gaps on a regular basis, look into a possible medical problem, or even worse (hopefully it's not this!!).... consider possession as the root cause.

edit on 20/1/2012 by MarkJS because: post needed more dancing fruits - added

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure ur still very much alive. otherwise you wouldnt be writing this post

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well isn't it obvious, reality is just an illusion, the other day I had a random thought that I am dead, and so is everybody else, we have been dead for thousands, if not millions of years. Reality is a counsciousness hologram, and we are experiencing our past lives, the lives of our ancestors in the 'now', and our Higher Selfs is our 'future' awareness. We are infinite spiritual memories experiencing linear time. similar to the animus from the assassins creed series. Physical death is a perceptual illusion. As in everything else we experience, death only exists to the mind objectively, subjective death is impossible because we would have no awareness of even being dead. How can everything just fade to black? What is it that is seeing that blackness? What is death? What is life? What is the nature of it all? Science can explain What happens objectively when you die, but is short of explanations from a subjective viewpoint. Hope that makes sense, and it is just my theory, one that I am coming to believe everyday...
At the end of the day...Who really knows?

1luv

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by twinsoulz23

Now THAT is pretty interesting. I'd love to hear more on your theory, if you have time available. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

Well, I must say it is amazing how the phenomenon of synchronicity works. After my original post to this thread, I was watching an episode of Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman. The episode was about the God and Consciousness, basically the search for the prime Creator of this Universe. One of the theories presented was The Simulation Argument...

www.simulation-argument.com...

A researcher gave a theory where he believed our descendants are actually engaged in an extremely advanced form of Reality Simulation technology, and our current present state of being is a byproduct of this technology, essentially implying that we are them, plugged into this reality via that same technology...
I believe that correlates with what I said above. If true, this can mean we never die, we simply restart, or go to the 'next level'...I find this thought humbling.
I also find the Ancient Alien/Astronaut theory highly plausible, as I truely believe they were/are us, or our future-Selfs...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I hope that is articulate enough, what are your thoughts on this?

---1L

edit on 21-1-2012 by twinsoulz23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I've thought about the hologram theory for quite some time, and had held it as a possibility - even before I watched the show you mentioned. One of my main questions regarding that theory though is "WHY?". Why would they devote such resources into recreating a simulation of the past? Would it be for merely informational or entertainment purposes? If so, why the incredible detail? Surely our future would hold technology more viable for learning about our cosmos than the present currently holds. It would almost be akin to time-travelling back to the 1800's to learn about the structure of the atom. Although this is pure speculation on my part about what future beings may or may not be doing it doesn't set any of it outside the realm of possibility, however farfetched it may seem.
I awoke this morning with a thought, perhaps a memory of something I'd read, about how we may be thousands or millions of years old. According to an article I read somehere recently, black holes absorb matter and information until their death. When they "die", everything they've absorbed just vanishes, as if it had never been. The only thing emanating from them is Hawking radiation in the form of heat. What if, instead of vanishing, the black hole has somehow opened up a portal into another universe and everything it contains is expelled back out in a reversal of typical "black hole nature" - creating a "big bang" in another universe with the "blueprint" of information and matter setting another brand new universe in motion. My theory is, that if something has existed once - then it has a good probability of existing again since the information for it is "out there"

Another good thought provoking read is a short story called "The Egg". The link is here.
galactanet.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Seems Like an interesting occurance, There is a comment previous to mine with a link taking you to a page that depicts the story of a woman from Spain Asking for help Via internet in 2008.

She claims she just woke up one morning and notices some small changes in her room, then as she went through he next 5 months she found more and more things that did or did not happen in her memory compared to others.

Its pretty scary thinking about the whole parallel universe thing considering its something we dont have a grip on, and if theres anything in this world that scares us, its the unknown/unexplained.

She could have died in her sleep in her universe, and rather than cease existance, her conciousness was converted to one of many possible lives that had been simultatiously existing.

Something to potentially back this theory up is that in the universe energy cannot simply cease existance, energy is transfered. It has been discovered that the human body emits an energy and our heart and mind are the source of this.

Perhaps the theory is being played out here? Rather ceasing to exist, our Energy ( Lets call it the soul ) is transferred to the ONLY place it can be transferred to....

Ourselves.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

That IS an interesting concept, but what happens to the version of us for whom that universe is the real one when this universe jump occurs?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I'm not and I've died several times over - just moved into an alternate universe and carried on as if nothing ever happened. The problem with this, is no matter how many times I move into another universe, I'm still getting older. This cannot be an infinite cycle, not in this known plane of existence, or else there would be very, very, VERY, old people in it. Most religions tell us that we survive death, in some form or fashion.

Doesn’t Gnosticism talk about the life dream and when you die you merely awake into the person that dreamt this life?

In this way you can die and awake into a life similar to your “dream life” or awake into a totally different life. Indeed you could awake into a life similar to your life as an adolescent. This “dream life” would vanish through the mists of time as dreams that you remember can often do.

This would explain beliefs in re-incarnation, everlasting life, NDEs, OOBEs and a whole myriad of beliefs about life and death.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This link has provided me with some interesting reads on this subject matter

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision

This link has provided me with some interesting reads on this subject matter

www.theepochtimes.com...

Sorry it took me long to reply I will check out both of the links you provided!

---1Love
edit on 25-1-2012 by twinsoulz23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I have told my story many times, but I know exactly what you're talking about, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm fairly certain I've told this story more than once on ATS, and I believe I've even come to the same conclusion as you - that we don't die, we just keep transferring into other dimensions.

As for my story, I died in my sleep. I WAS TERRIFIED!!! I KNEW I was dead, and I traveled up above the Earth, and I was looking at it. All I could think of was "Oh God NO!! PLEASE NO!! I'm not ready yet...don't make me leave my family PLEASE!!" The next thing I know, I shot off somewhere so fast, that everything turned white, and then WHAM!!! I felt like I slammed into my body and I gasped for air. I shot up out of bed, shaking, and yes...I was crying. Not exactly proud of that, but I can't explain in words just how powerful this experience was....It was not a dream!! It was definitely one of those moments where I wanted to run through the house and wake up my entire family and hold them tight and never let them go. It was THAT real!

I woke up my spouse who was equally just as startled, and was trying to make sense of me saying, "I was just dead!!!!" I mean, what do you do when you spouse is literally shaking and terrified and telling you they just died? It's kind of hard not to believe, and that's what shook up my spouse. At the time, I hadn't come to the conclusion I came to later on....I thought maybe I had just died and then came back to life through some miracle from God who decided it wasn't my time yet. But then over the next few weeks, tiny things were different here or there. Nothing major, but just enough for me to notice and say, "wait a minute...wasn't that...?" The problem is, there has been nothing that I could definitely say, "Oh no, now WAIT just one doggone minute...I know for SURE that wasn't like that!" My spouse was slightly different in personality though...this was a biggie for me. All the changes I noticed were all better than before, even if just slightly.

Through the course of dealing with this, there were threads that popped up on ATS, and I was one of the ones who were sure that New Zealand was in a different place on the map. Also, that certain famous folks were dead, but now apparently still alive. All this tied in to my experience, and while many on ATS passed it off as craziness, I can assure you, I am far from it. I kind of faded out of those conversations, resolving myself to the idea that this would be my burden to bear....alone. No one would ever believe me...why would they? There was no way for me to prove it, but I know it happened. I know, with every fiber of my being, the feeling I felt at that moment, and I can still recreate that terror to some degree by remembering the vision I had when I was peering down at the earth. My heart races, I start to panic, and I get scared all over again.

I have never experienced anything like it before or since....not even in my worst nightmares. I am convinced, to this day, that I died. But I also woke up....and I have reason to believe it was not the same place I died in. In a strange way, I've felt very sad in thinking that somewhere in another dimension, my family is mourning my death...that is how real this has been for me.

So you're not alone, even if no one believes us. I do. Just the fact that you stated the exact same things I did, makes me know we experienced similar events.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have had this theory in my head for along time.

I am sure I have experienced this, a few car accidents here and there 3 to be exact.
first one I don't think it was fatal. Second car accident I think it was fatal, it was thru a fence and down a hill with steep banks, wondering when we was going to stop we hit nothing, but where I thought there was tree's there was none.
makes me wonder.

My third is very similar I was lucky I never hit the telegraph pole, How could it be I didn't end up dead.

when I was younger I swear, I was in another accident with my aunty, but my mum says I was in the car with her by the time she got hit.

Mum met her half way to pick me up when I was 4 and she was turning around all of a sudden she was hit by a another car.

Here is more of my story I was born with my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, I was blue.

Near death experience or parallel universe theory?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Could you have a experienced a time slip in the space time continuum it does happen from what I've heard its very rare when it does but like you could've been driving toward the area you had the accident and a slip of time could've been what saved you or maybe you are in the alternate universe are things still the same are the current leaders still the current leaders or is there someone else and different but similar things happening like maybe the out comes of natural disasters and wars? Just curious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join