It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I died yesterday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

No it was the first time I have ever been to that place and it is kind of remote too. I am sure there is a more logical explaination of that which I have come up with I am just thinking out loud really.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I think i will stick by my idea, that you were almost asleep, yet were just aware of what was going on.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I know, I don't mean to have a go, it's just a tad dodgy.

Maybe you have died, and you have been sentenced to read comments from strangers berating your life choices.

On the motorway I have experienced a zoning out kind of feeling, not because I'm tired but because I've gone into autopilot. Almost like driving on instinct alone. Kind of like Daaskapital suggested.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have often wondered if this was the case. I wonder if where you wake up depends on how you die, if you die in your sleep you just wake up in a very similar reality.. but if you die from falling off a building, or in a crashing plane.. i imagine it would have to be a bit different. maybe thats the sort of death that would cause you to be reborn in a totally new body?

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
I'm not dismissing your theory, but I have a personal friend who was revived after being dead for nearly 12 minutes. He shared his experience with me, and I assure you that you are very much alive.

Consider it a blessing that you did not crash your car, you are one damn lucky person.

your friend did not die.

if he had died, maybe he would have woken up somewhere else, even though you were left with his body.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of us have experienced this sort of experience. Driving tends to be hypnotic, anyway, and being tired even exacerbates the entire situation.
I think there is a part of us that takes over in situations like this..sort of like the story of people lifting cars off their children, super human strength that seems to come from no where. Only this time, its your super human awareness taking over..I dont know how to explain it any other way.

Ive done this myself as well..and sometimes Im driving through my town, stop at a stoplight..and swear I dont know where I am..or where I was going..its a very strange/lost kind of feeling.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I thought I was the only one who has had thoughts such as these. I can remember many times in the past where I had close calls, yet somehow managed to get through them unscathed. I've had wrecks that have totaled cars, I had a scary near-miss with a tractor trailer & a car I was driving that decided to nearly die in the middle of an intersection....the truck was barrelling toward me at a high rate of speed trying to make the light (which it didn't) and my car sputtered to nearly a stop with the truck a mere 50 ft from me...the next thing I remember I was through the light. In my earlier years I took enough drugs to kill myself several times over, yet here I am. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe I'm not and I've died several times over - just moved into an alternate universe and carried on as if nothing ever happened. The problem with this, is no matter how many times I move into another universe, I'm still getting older. This cannot be an infinite cycle, not in this known plane of existence, or else there would be very, very, VERY, old people in it. Most religions tell us that we survive death, in some form or fashion. Science tells us that this is merely wishful thinking, and that as far as it can tell - when our bodies die, we die. The truth of the matter is, whether we believe science or religion, is that we cannot know with absolute certainty what really happens. I'm not stating that science is wrong, I'm merely stating there *may* be something going on that we do not have the ability yet to detect, but with that being said I wouldn't bet the proverbial farm on it. If science is correct, then we won't even be aware of our own death - perhaps just our final moments if we are aware of them as such or not.
This past September, my father died. He wasn't in the best of health but he was alert, awake, and active. He grabbed a handful of boiled peanuts my mom had made earlier and commented to her about them and then went outside to finish working on a boat he was refurbishing for my nephew. He backed his truck up to the boat and walked around the truck to hook the trailer to the truck but never made it - he dropped on the spot, onto a concrete floor skinning his right cheek. The EMT & doctors who arrived (later, it was 45 minutes before anyone found him) said that his heart had stopped beating before he ever hit the floor. So...I wonder and perhaps always will, what were his last thoughts. Was he even aware of something going wrong? Is there another universe, somehow, somewhen in which he made it and the boat was finished? Could this even be a possibility, and if so, how could we ever know it?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've leaped between dimensions and have had changes in my life. Although that was many many years ago and it almost seems like a dream now, as I have acclimated to this reality and accepted it as now my own.

You have to be careful with who you share such stories with, as they will tend to write you off as being Schizo or having a nervous break. Both, of course, plausible. Although I have never personally been diagnosed with any mental illnesses. Besides my own self diagnosis of minor OCD.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting theory. I had heard of people with similar experiences, some 30 years ago, before it happened to me, a few years later. I was working 14 to 15-hour days for a period of about 2 years, many weekends and all-nighters included. It was a high-stress and very competitive job, and needless to say, I was wrecking my natural state of being.

One morning, I 'woke up' at my desk, having no clue of how I had gotten there. It was a shocking experience, because I distinctly remembered having gone home the night before, and having gone to bed. I asked a few people if they had seen me go out the building the night before, and they had. And not a scratch on my car either, although I had to cross the city to downtown, with the usual traffic jams and all. I couldn't, and still can't, remember or account for the time 'lost'. But everything just continued as it had before. I attributed it all to sheer fatigue and the stressful life I was leading. Not that I slowed down, had to 'be somebody', you know.

Some 7 years later, I was driving to a new job, and suddenly a thought hit me... 'Maybe I am dead!'
The thought stayed with me over a period of several months, every day, but had no significance, until my life went completely down the drain, and I was finally faced with my reality, of having lived an empty life. Professionally a great succes, personally a total wreck.

I came into contact with someone, who would prove to be my guide as I entered into a world I had never known, where living consciously was the key. I told this person both events, and he smiled, saying that of course that happened to me. It was a warning that told me to stop acting like a fool, but I hadn't. So, yes, now I was dead. Not physically, yet. But psychologically and spiritually. Time for a radical change of course.

And I did step into a completely other dimension. Same places and faces, but with a very different look on them, as I learned that there was something else, besides $$$$$ and making the grade.

As far as I have experienced, it was my Ego's instinctive survival mechanism that 'saved' me from harm when I 'lost time' that day I woke up at the office. And it was my Spirit's last cry before extinguishing it flame.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
I have often wondered if this was the case. I wonder if where you wake up depends on how you die, if you die in your sleep you just wake up in a very similar reality.. but if you die from falling off a building, or in a crashing plane.. i imagine it would have to be a bit different. maybe thats the sort of death that would cause you to be reborn in a totally new body?

I don't think so. Here on ATS there are several long threads on dimension slips -- don't have time to look them up right now -- and several posters said that they feel they died in a car accident and woke up in a different time line/alternate universe. One or two guys wrote about having been in an imminent head-on collision, and all of a sudden the other car that was only feet away from them vanished and they just kept driving on in their proper lane. One story I read was of one of the ATS owners who said he had a head-on collision with a tree while skiing, but then seemingly just went THROUGH the tree and was fine. He also said he felt he'd died that day.

I could also imagine if you, say, jump off a high building, on impact you might just wake up in your bed and feel like you just had a weird dream. That said, I'm just now thinking: what if every dream of falling and hitting the ground, drowning, dying in any way or shape IS an actual death of another "You" in another time line? What if every time you "wake up" from such a dream, the one who wakes up is actually an alternate "You" from an alternate universe and not the same "You" that went to sleep the night before? Or maybe those two "Yous" have then merged... maybe you should pay attention after having had a dream like that and see if any new emotions/habits/character traits show up in you that you haven't had before...

Wow; makes the mind spin. We may have changed time lines many, many times already. One thing, though, that I can't figure out is, what happens when you die of old age, say at 95 years old, lying in your bed? What would be left for you to "wake up" in? Would you "wake up" in a universe where you're younger? Or is that the final end, where you move on to somewhere else?

Very intriguing stuff -- I'd love to figure this out.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Let's try an experiment. Take 2 fingers. Place them on the side of your neck. Do you feel your neck pulsating say 60-100 times a minute? If the answer is yes, then I'm pretty sure you are still alive.

Just in case that doesn't work, take a really deep breath. Take 2 actually. I've met lots of dead people in my line of work. Neither can breathe or have pulses. Actually .....come to think of it, lack or a pulse and absence of breathing is sort of the definition of being dead.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Happned to me once

me and my friend were heading up north on the parkway and i was driving
i do not remember passing through any tolls or driving at all ever since i got on the parkway

once i pulled over in the most random spot about 40 miles away from start point i got a feeling like i just woke up and i asked my friend sitting next to me
the hell happened.
he says he does not remember and does not know why we came here

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You didn't die, I assure you. My sister has told me that she had this happen to her. She was so tired that she could not remember driving to work. She remembers leaving for work and she remembers arriving at work,but she could not remember driving to work.

Now, if she died, then how did she come home and tell me about it? How did she come home and tell many people from the land of the living about it?

She is alive and so are you. You just don't remember it because you were dozing in and out. You would be amazed at what people can do in there sleep.

I have an ex who used to sleep walk. I would wake up and hear her and she would be in the kitchen cooking in her sleep.

My own mom used to sleep walk. She drove to the grocery store and woke up IN the grocery store.... In her night gown....

These things happen. The human body is an amazing and complex thing and given the right conditions... Well, you CAN drive in your sleep. No, it's not safe, but it does happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have heard of at least two other people on the Web saying this has happened to them.
One is the Relfe's site that is now down Metatech.org.
And another girl I don't have the link anymore.
So you are not crazy.

The thing about driving but being asleep is dangerous BUT I have heard that our right brain can take over when we are too exhausted. It is basically being like you are hypnotised. We have an awesome brain that can do wonderful things to keep us safe.
And I have actually have had this happen. I was very ill and tired. I was not driving but I desperately tried to keep awake for my partner, as we were driving back from sorting out his mum's cottage after she had died. I apparently was wide awake but I don't remember about 50 miles. Only when he talked to me, did I wake up and I thought we were 50 miles behind on the map and I remember being really confused.

Plus the Government is really worried about timelines, as they keep changing on them. So maybe you have changed timelines. I know that we have recently, just before Christmas 2011.
peace

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
thx for sharing your theory. I think it is possible.

I see a shrink regularly who has told me that I am not a ghost. You see, I believed that I died when I was a child and from that time on, I was a ghost.

My Doc says that I disociated when traumatic things happened. I agree that that is one way of explaining it, but I don't believe him, I died and am a ghost. It is like there are many 'me's' (Lord Vishnu appears and shows himself to Arjuna - in his multi dimensional form, Egyptian Isis has 10,000 me's as a gift from one of the gods, there are a lot of examples)

I know that my Doc is lying to me to help me cope with the truth of what happened to me and so that I will still have some people in my life, (I would not forgive them, so deceit is the next best thing hey?)

anyway, s & f from me. I think you are on to something.

I also saw a strange thing years ago, I saw a guy I knew was dead in his car. (He had gone to the pub and didn't feel very well and left early, he got in his car and died - ambo & cops were there - it was a very public death) anyway, a week later, there he was walking down the street!!

and other people spoke about it too, like didn't he die? wtf is going on? - then the story started to change in a subtle way, like 'oh no he just passed out'

weird strange stuff.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I know that my Doc is lying to me

I hope you are not paying the doc because he obviously SUCKS.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

I know that my Doc is lying to me

I hope you are not paying the doc because he obviously SUCKS.

I pay to see him and he has helped me in a lot of areas in my life but I just don't believe it when he tells me I am not a ghost and then I think he is lying.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This coming from the same person that hopes for WW3? If you haven't seen his thread about WW3 you can find it here...Just stop it already

ATS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Do any of you remember anything about your drive to work today, or the drive home? I bet you could all recount almost everything that happened during the day while you were at work. Fact is you are all asleep while you were driving.

There was a book that came out a couple of years ago called Traffic, good read, very "eye opening." It explains that our bodies are basically in a state of hypnotic auto pilot while we drive, (at least the part that is in control of the car anyway) and the stream of traffic kind of takes on a life of it's own that is driven by our collective subconscious. Add weariness to this scenario and you lose the other, conscious part that is usually preoccupied with something else, but waiting to take control.

One of the interesting facts that I remember about the book that kind of stuck with me was how they explained how a slower area of traffic may crop up because of some event or other in which drivers slow down to look at something, like someone getting pulled over. They said that the slow spot will stay there long after the event has been over, like up to an hour. Ever had to slow down in traffic, but there was no obvious reason that you could see? That may have been the lag time in which our collective unconsciousness is still being effected by an event that has already come and gone.

So, OP, it may be that you ARE a zombie, and just don't know it...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
... But what I think may have happened is that I had a car accident and died that day but I have continued to live in an alternative universe. I am quite sure of this, in fact since this has happened I have thought of many instances where it is likely this could have happened. So this begs the question do we not die? Do we just transcend to another reality when it does happen? I am now sure that is what happens.

Glad you didn't kill someone else...

Foolish.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Not to be a dick, but I hope you died because that means we just get restarts like in video games! LOL But for real, it was probably just your subconscious taking over while you were in a type of sleeping state. Kind of how when I used to work at a mundane job that I was used to doing, I'd not even remember the first 2 hours of work most of the time, but yet I got a ton of work done because my body was so used to doing it that I became a robot basically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join