It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Is Speeding Up Very Very Rapidly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

yes i totally agree with you, time is speeding up and i can feel it also. I have been asking my self for the past year, why is time moving faster? I wake up, go work and next thing you know back to sleep in few hours, and those few hours from 4 pm to 10 pm feel like 2 hours.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yes it all down to age !
I remember a test done where they asked members of the public to count out a minute
in theyre heads and say stop when they percieved it was up !
They timed each with a stop watch and the younger generation were most accurate each and
every time !
Sorry I can't recall any percentages but I found it very interesting at the time, I also don't recall
which science tv programme it was or how many years ago ! It must be my age ha ha ha !

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I cant say on a day to sday basis I notice it getting faster, but the past/future is going/coming faster if that make sense? Like a previous poster said it was Just thanksgiving the other day!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The past month Ive been feeling like this. I'll get up around 8 and do a little web surfing and before I know it, it's 4 or 5 and time for work. Its been really weird actually. My computer, cellphone and other clocks around the house are all different times even after just being set. Whats the deal?!? haha

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

Lots of you mention this. Is there a link or a youtube on this? I'd be very interested in hearing about it!
Thank you!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IntoTheDream

Yes! Good observation!!!

All my clocks including the atomic clock on Internet and my Blackberry, MP3, Ipod, i dont care how much i try to reset them, they are all off!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Hmmm...i cant wait to get a link to this or a youtube. I am living in that 16 hour time zone. Also, my Maltese, Harry (lol) is now ready for bed at 5:30 and i mean ready to sleep for the night. He's only almost 7 years old, and this started when i started observing something screwy with the time. He used to always call it a night about 10pm.
Now i wonder how peoples pets are reacting to time?
Isnt this wrong? Does time appear shorter for pets?
I'm confused about this whole thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Yes, the big picture is even faster!
I dont know :shk:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh i do lots more than wash 2 plates and walk the dogs.

It just seems like the days are just flying by and i never experienced this on a regular basis before.

I expected to hear: GET A JOB. If only i could find one i would.

As far as getting older, yes i am older and that may have something to do with it. But what i am experiencing is unnatural.

The progression of time is steady, but how we perceive it is not. If you are worried you are losing time somewhere I suggest you setup some cheap surveillance cams and record your daily activities. Then you can play it back at 2x 5x 10x etc speed to see where that time has gone. It would be spooky though if you watched it and then in the middle of washing dishes you just look up at the ceiling standing very still for 4 hours then you went right back to finishing up the dishes.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by IntoTheDream

Yes! Good observation!!!

All my clocks including the atomic clock on Internet and my Blackberry, MP3, Ipod, i dont care how much i try to reset them, they are all off!!!!!
Phones I think can not be changed since they work off of GPS and set themselves to whatever timezone you are in.....now if you went to a different time zone and your phone clock changed then you woke back up in your normal time zone the time will be off.

There is also no such thing as setting an atomic clock...other than setting the time zone once again....look in that area, not one where the day is shorter.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I just wanted to comment on the fact that i am losing hours and sometimes a day seemingly just getting up at 8am and washing a few dishes, feeding the dogs, going for a walk- After this, 5 or 6 hours seem to have gone by so rapidly that its scaring me.

Yes, my life is dull- thats besides the point, though.

Does anyone feel like this here?

Is this just my perception of time now, or

Thank you for your replies.

Felt like that for years here.

It's almost like just yesterday I was a teenager screwing around in bands and attending college full of life and happiness and now here I am nearing 30 and just boredom and joylessness all around.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You are not kidding!

It seems like he hours "fly" by.

Saturday my friend and I went out we were out for over three hrs at one place. It went by so fast, we both commented on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Apparently from the mid twenties until around your fifties time seems to speed up for people and then in old age it appears to wind back down again. If I can find where i read that I will post it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What you say is very interesting... I could say that time is speeding up for me as well but as to why? I have no idea, maybe it could just all be in my head too... Or maybe the earth is rotating faster than normal and noone knows? I've heard time is faster for older folks as well... You ever hear that saying "life is short" or "time flys when you're having fun" whoever said those quotes first could've been onto something.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Your not alone OP, the exact same thing has been happening to me for the last few years, heres the thread i wrote about it, many people said it was because i was getting older and my perception was that time was speeding up, but i maintained it was different to that, it was never a gradual thing for me, it was literaly in the last few years.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have days when my time literally belongs to everyone but me. On those days, I'm thinking will this ever be over, this is the longest day ever, I want to get off their time and back on my own, and look forward to going home to get back on my own time.

Then, on the days when my time actually belongs to ME,it's like "wow, where did the day go?"

But I definitely know what you mean. And yes, Thankgiving was just over, and it's time to start thinking about spring planning. Of course, it was 70 degrees here today at 6pm, and it should be 40. That doesn't help.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
www.thecamino.com.ar...

The resonance of Earth (Schumann Resonance) has been 7.8Hz for thousands of years. Since 1980 it has risen to over 12Hz. This means that 16 hours now equate to a 24 hour day. Time is speeding up!

I've read this before a long time ago. But one question I had was how the correlation between the Schumann resonance and time came to be??

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I agree completely, I've had the same experience for the past few years to the point where it's a little frightening. Its very sped up, youre exactly right.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This has already been discussed in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, it really does seem like it is speeding up to me. Perhaps it's like walking on a train. Even though you take the same amount of steps, your travel distance can vary depending on the speed of the train.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join