It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have YOU heard these Earth noises?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Mods, the purpose of this thread is to create numbers of people and not to latch on to other threads, I'm not looking for discussion of the phenomenon just the number of genuine users who have heard this worldwide thing with their own ears so ruling out a possible viral campaign.

If you are a new account please don't put your name forward, people with new accounts an only a few posts could be classed as possible viral activists.

So, if you are a long term poster and have actually heard these noises with your ears rather than from watching video's others have posted then please reply here. I heard the noise myself BUT it was for a mere few seconds so I have to rule myself out as it could have been anything.

So please, those who heard with your ears the same or similar noises as in the video's that went on for a period of time please let us know, with such a vast user base here on ATS long term users MUST have heard this IF its worldwide as claimed, if not then I'd say its a media controlled viral campaign.

This way we get to be nearer to proving one way or the other...

Please user other threads to discuss the noises..

Edit: I'm getting messages saying there's a link to the film Red State with the noises starting around the same time as the film was getting its first media attention. The film indeed does have noises coming from the sky so it could be a likely culprit unless you guys know different...
edit on 18-1-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Every day I look up at the sky and ask the Universe if I could bear witness to the haunting, yet beautiful sounds of Mother Earth.

I hope that one day, she lets me listen.

Good luck with your post, I hope that you get your answers

~Quyll

link   
I heard the noises about 2 years ago. It WASN'T the trumpet noise people have been hearing, but the rumble/churning noise that others have reported. I have a thread here on ATS about it, if you would like me to post it, give the word and I'll amend this post, or you could search through my profile for it.

ATS Thread
edit on 18-1-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: adding URL

link   
I have heard these noises, like I said here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I live in the uk, I don't go into further detail than that.

I won't bicker about multi threads but I will say this, ufo's haven't been proved by consensus, paranormal and parapsychological phenomena haven't either, nor will this noise. what we -DO- have is audio and you can't disprove noise.

ed: this was about a month ago btw. before xmas if i recall. ed2: yes with my ears not youtube and having lived on a flight path for frigging ages I know for a fact that was no plane, not in hell.
edit on 18/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I have been hearing a low rumbling noise for weeks now in NJ

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Nope but beginning earlier this week I get a strange ringing in one ear that I could swear is some sort of "frequency signal" it lasts for about 30 secs and occurs a few times throughout the day. Mostly in the right ear but I have heard it in the left about a quarter of the time.

I'd try to record it next time it happens for yall but...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
not heard any noises but i think we should all look at other phenomenon that could coincide with the time of these events, instead of assuming....find the proof

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?....' sherlock holmes'

edit on 18-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Tinnitus is a sound that's heard in one or both ears for which there's no external source. The sounds appear to originate within the ear and are described as ringing, buzzing, roaring, hissing or whistling. There is nothing actually causing the sounds, it is a misinterpretation by the brain of signals from the nerves in the ear. Go see your doctor....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by ignant

Tinnitus is a sound that's heard in one or both ears for which there's no external source. The sounds appear to originate within the ear and are described as ringing, buzzing, roaring, hissing or whistling. There is nothing actually causing the sounds, it is a misinterpretation by the brain of signals from the nerves in the ear. Go see your doctor....

These sounds are NOT Tinnitus, I myself am a severe sufferer of this nasty illness, tinnitus is a phased sound that the brain creates but because its a constant noise the brain has learned to take it off the stack of noises we hear, tinnitus sufferers unfortunately have lost the mental ability to not hear the noise.

I've had every treatment for this thing including the expensive specially moulded ear plus that generate white noise, you listen to them for 8hrs plus a day hoping the brain will 'remember' to put the tinnitus noise to one side.

Needless to say it hasn't worked for me, severe tinnitus is actually a killer, there are many many who can't face it and commit suicide to get away from it.

BUT, tinnitus sounds NOTHING like these noises, trust me, I DO know...

EDIT Atzil, please see my separate post regarding this, I missed the other guys post...
edit on 18-1-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I know this will be hard to believe..

But I heard this sound weeks ago in South Australia.

probably around 3:30am no video or audio, so i guess it never happened, lol

What is funny is that a lot of people on this site claim they heard and saw things (UFO) and such... while having a smoke outside... This is what i was doing lol.

Edited Note:
When i first heard it, i thought it was a big truck breaking or something but a deeper tone, then maybe some sort of train echoing through the silence of the night but it just kept continuing, then i heard almost singing voices and it seemed to have a tune to it and I thought that maybe one of the neighbors was having a late night Xbox session as it almost sounded like the background music and effects you would hear in a tomb raider game. But if it was then they were playing it on some ridiculous Surround Sound system with all the speakers outside pointing to the sky...

then i butted out my cigarette and went back inside to continue working.

This is what i remember going through my head when i heard it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Sorry, didn't spot the other persons post, yes great advice, get to the doctor asap, if deffo sounds like tinnitus

Again, apologies Atzil, I must have missed his post by a millisecond.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaximinusThrax
not heard any noises but i think we should all look at other phenomenon that could coincide with the time of these events, instead of assuming....find the proof

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?....' sherlock holmes'

This is the exact point of the thread and if you reread my initial post its been edited to include a possible contender for the noises.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
One thing that I had considered as a possible theory, and having recently looked into HAARP was this. (I'm not saying I believe HAARP is a weather weapon as some are making it out to be, but it was just an idea I had after I watched a particular video).

If HAARP is able to aim this immense energy to anywhere in the world by shooting the beams into the atmosphere, and using the curvature of the Earth to target a specific destination, perhaps this noise is heard as a result of local targeting by HAARP using this method.
But that's just a passing thought, I don't fully understand everything it can do and am in two minds as to whether it can actually do these things, and like I said, I certainly am not saying that's what this noise is, or that HAARP is even involved.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks you guys, I am convinced these frequency sounds are different from tinnitus that is different sounding, I would get those after a party/concert, after too many painkillers, or just randomly when trying to fall asleep. But they frequency sounds are higher pitched and louder though not the same always. I think of it as what a dog hears from a dog whistle.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

its not tinnitus, I have tinnitus from playing drums, the insanely high pitched variety. the only way I can describe that sound is that noise cloud hears when he has flashbacks in ff7, if you played the game you know the one

but srsly, this metal bending wtf experience was not tinnitus, not for me, and not for the hundereds of people that commented in another language in the costa rica event via twitter, I could only make out one comment into english "it sounded like an active volcano", sounds about right to me.

to further clarify, your wrong and I don't need a doctor to tell me what I heard. (especially since half my expertise lay in audio.)

ed: regarding haarp...while I would normally agree, haarp or whatever causes -that- phenomena has more than once been noted to sound like "a truck idling outside, but when you look nothing is there", i've heard that one aswell, and asked a friend and he said he's heard that before too, but not the metallic creaking noise variant.

confusing stuff. if your still in doubt allow me to provide more detail on my experience. it was about 3:30am (I checked at the time but I only recall the time now unfortunatly, not the date.) there was enough noise happening for me to remove the speaker from my pc to discover its source, and to me imho it sounded like some kind of metallic freak of nature trying to escape the earth. probably not exactly that in reality but for descriptive purposes, that.

but because its a constant noise the brain has learned to take it off the stack of noises we hear

exactly that, I only hear the tinnitus get louder when its -very- quiet or after far too much audio stimulation, for example decapitated on full blast. and its in the kilohertz range for me too, i don't get subs at random.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Probably the best evidence on this subject and I say that because it's not one person filming while everyone else is quiet with the noise in the background...this was recorder during a live baseball game so you have the commentators talking about the noise...

Link

There is some other speculation that it happens prior to earthquakes..and I believe NASA even recorded a similiar sound stating something to the effect of meteors shooting through the atmosphere...I guess we are not supposed to know as of yet...uggghhhh

link

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Originally posted by MaximinusThrax

This is the exact point of the thread and if you reread my initial post its been edited to include a possible contender for the noises.

i've been searching of a possible answer and found richard bransons virgin space port in new mexico, maybe the testing on his 'spacetour thing' is making noises on re-entry . theres tests being done and its on tours and shows as we speak.
www.virgingalactic.com...
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

edit on 18-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: spelling

edit on 18-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: link and vid

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

What is this Red State film you speak of, the only one I saw on youtube was something to do with that unspeakable church that hates gays and the military.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I only heard something once. BUT it was a strange sound like that of an iron gate being slammed shut.

Chains, and all iron sounds.

I couldnt function for a couple of days after that one. It was about 2am and there are no iron gates around these parts.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I've already done that many moons ago in the threads below....please check it out there because I can't post all of it again. In NO WAY am I part of viral marketing. I heard and recoeded all this way before the "fad"......but the newest thread (from December) is because I heard it more often than before. I haven't heard it since the last video. I am so sick of all the hoaxes I almost don't even want to be lumped in with it all. If you read my threads, you'll see I am trying to find logical answers. I DO NOT think it is aliens. I think it is atmospheric

From December (especially listen to the last 2 on the last page ..(I'm talking, walking, animals reacting etc)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From July 2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the original sound like that first one from Florida...those "godzilla" vids are so stupid and FAKE....In one of the newest vids, you can hear a truck go by, so let me point that out. The noise I am referring to is a very loud and constanat roar/rumble with booming noises....which you could feel vibrating in your chest (like bass) a couple of times, it lasted about 45 minutes, then just stopped suddenly.

edit on 1/18/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join