It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is love then why do animals kill each other?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff
1) If God is Love, and Love is an Emotion, then God would be an emotion but God is not just an Emotion if He is Actual whereas this thread supposes He is. Therefor, we must correct our definition of Love for this thread first and foremost.

2) Before the "fall" of man into sin, there was no sin, and no wages for sin which is death. Therefor, life was eternal in Eden with no need to support one's own life through eating.

3) Animals aren't Humans. Animals weren't made in the image of God, nor was the breath of life (living soul) breathed into animals as it was breathed into Adam. God lives within the hearts of man; our bodies are the temple of God's Holy Spirit which is defined by Love, Joy, Self-control, Kindness, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Gentleness, and Faithfulness, and without Jesus through which we now have access to said Holy Spirit, mankind would have example of selfish Animalism.

I believe the problem with this threads line of thinking is that animals are human and humans are animals. Without God this might be the case, but if we are to call ourselves mankind then we are conceding to being fashioned in the likeness of "Man," whereas Jesus is the "Son of Man," and we are "mankind," in mind, body, and spirit. This is why animals don't have or need the Holy Spirit wherein love is defined, they aren't created for that capacity. Whereas animals follow the path of nature, Mankind ought to follow the path of God.

edit on 18-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

Sorry but from my point of view you are wrong about the animals. Some animals will probably have lower evolved souls but the ego for humans to say that they are the highest evolved souls on this planet is more telling of the humans failing to be humble. Cats purring is definetly something that make me belive we should not be so sure of ourselves. They can definetly use their throat for something and it would not suprise me if they are pushing chi/mana from heaven. Whale and dolphin make sound that have meditive quality and opens chakras. The bible from my point is probably the biggest thing in the way for your connecting with god. You have a trouble being humble and lossing your ego while reading propaganda for ego. But it is your choice to stay in the dream and "be sinners". I go after what Jesus and Buddha was after not their descriptions of it. Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

Or maybe God is happiness and that is why all beings crave it and why people are willing to sacrifice anything to get it. And why animals kill for their own survival without caring for the other... and why so many people are selfish...

So if God is happiness then why is there so much sadness?

I prefer to be happy, but I think sadness is usually stronger and more meaningful than happiness.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
God isn't Just love...

Love is the strongest aspect of God... its what brings us to him...

God is more then just an emotion...

And animals kill because they were designed to do so... They are lower spiritual beings then humans... and have their own paths in life...

As humans we are to overcome these animalistic emotions that are not needed...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Or maybe God is happiness and that is why all beings crave it and why people are willing to sacrifice anything to get it. And why animals kill for their own survival without caring for the other... and why so many people are selfish...

I prefer to be happy, but I think sadness is usually stronger and more meaningful than happiness.

Look at the bigger picture, everybody is happy, or they are sad on the road to getting happy. Even if you don't have intelligence and you can't understand a concept like "love", if you follow intuition, you'll naturally do what'll make you happy.

If happiness is God, then every living thing is selfishly trying to survive which would explain why one animal eats another. It would also explain their actions:

The animal wants to eat another animal because it's hungry, and hunger feels bad so it eats for the JOY and to get rid of the hunger (pain).

The animal runs away because it doesn't want to get eaten (pain) so it runs away so that it can create more moments of JOY and not get eaten (pain).

If everyone were to decide "I'm only going to follow my intuition from now on!" everybody would be doing what makes them happy.

Isn't it interesting that the most common thing in nature, of all beings is intuition and from intuition the actions comes from what a being is wanting to be happy?

Nature is designed for all beings to seek their happiness, but I don't see a system of "love" in nature but a system of "seeking happiness".

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Through His word and grace we understand our own fault in death and sin,and redemption in His sacrifice.

God YHWH made everything very good,but think about this...when man sinned and turned his back on God the only option was death,because life is in HIM and comes from Him,YHWH Elohim.And since death was the inevitable consequence for sin,the world was much different because death changed everything....decaying bodies have to be broken back to earth and meat eating animals,insects and everything is needed for life to feed from death.

This earth is a parable if you can understand it,no meat can fill you and satisfy you if your spirit is empty and you are far from Gods love.

But through His salvation in His son we are redeemed and we don't have to sin anymore,and we can praise Him with all our works and thoughts.
Praise to almighty Yahweh,may you find sanctuary in His arms

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by faithplusone

...God YHWH made everything very good,but think about this...when man sinned...

Ah so man committed some "sin" and God just withdrew his UN-conditional love... And because of many the whole entire world has to suffer now.

This idea of demonizing the entire material world, doesn't make since...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Look at the bigger picture, everybody is happy, or they are sad on the road to getting happy. Even if you don't have intelligence and you can't understand a concept like "love", if you follow intuition, you'll naturally do what'll make you happy.

If happiness is God, then every living thing is selfishly trying to survive which would explain why one animal eats another. It would also explain their actions:

The animal wants to eat another animal because it's hungry, and hunger feels bad so it eats for the JOY and to get rid of the hunger (pain).

The animal runs away because it doesn't want to get eaten (pain) so it runs away so that it can create more moments of JOY and not get eaten (pain).

If everyone were to decide "I'm only going to follow my intuition from now on!" everybody would be doing what makes them happy.

Isn't it interesting that the most common thing in nature, of all beings is intuition and from intuition the actions comes from what a being is wanting to be happy?

Nature is designed for all beings to seek their happiness, but I don't see a system of "love" in nature but a system of "seeking happiness".

I would agree that everybody intuitively seeks happiness. Even a monk that fasts and lives in a cave seeks happiness. But that doesn't mean God is happiness. The most common description for God is the Creator.

I think God created the universe to be interesting. Everything is always changing and growing more complex and surprising.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
(face palm)

I will face palm with you.

to answer the question of the thread title...............
because they are FOOD for each other......

and who ever thinks that animals lived in harmony and all that before whatever happened. I face palm for you too..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you are willing to learn and observe you shall find your answers,it is not mine to tell you,but i can direct you...and i swear by my Lord God YHWH you can get to know Him through bible and His son,if you truly want to open your eyes and see,through His word you will understand.But take heed,it is not an easy task and takes faith and trust in His wisdom not yours.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
Matthew 19:24

We all concern ourselves with materialism and our wisdom but the real life comes only through JHWH,may he pour the Holy Ghost on you and may His light shine your way.
David,your friend

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
WTF . We are smarter than animals and yet still religious people still go around killing , fighting wars , Priests fondling children. Actually wait answer me this . Why is it animals are not pedophiles but the churches are just full of them? Is god a pedophile because some of his worshipers are ?
edit on 18/1/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

I'm more of a Pantheist, I believe that God = Universe (everything that exist).

We have proof that energy and matter is never created or destroyed only changed. So that's proof that it wasn't created.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
I believe before The Fall animals did not kill each other and we lived in harmony.
Were sharks first created with plant eating teeth?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

So what did they eat then? What did the carnivore animals eat?

I believe they were not original carnivores but adapted that way after the flood. There was an abundance of food before The Fall and they most likely eat shrubs , plants , fruits, etc... sharp teeth doesn't necessarily mean meat eater... For example piranhas are often known to eat nuts at the bottom of river beds.

And feeding dead sheep to cows = mad cow disease. Animals eat what they need to eat , the consequences for a cow to eat meat is as I said . If a lion eats grass it will die from not getting the nutrients it needs to survive.
edit on 18/1/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

And since death was the inevitable consequence for sin,the world was much different because death changed everything....decaying bodies have to be broken back to earth and meat eating animals,insects and everything is needed for life to feed from death.
If Adam and Eve were created immortal, what was the purpose of the Tree of Life in the garden? It wouldn't have done anything for them. Why was it there?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.
Matthew 19:24

Just curious if you know that this isn't talking about a sewing needle, but there was an entrance point in a city, can't remember which, but it was called the Eye of the Needle, and it was difficult for camels to get through, but they could get through it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't fully understand what you're asking OP but killing is a form of survival for alot of animals. Including humans.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kutthroat

Yah, we know. That was the whole point of the question...

Why would a all loving God create a world were killing would have to be done for survival. Couldn't this all loving God create a system where we would never have to kill and cause harm to another being if we didn't want to..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm more of a Pantheist, I believe that God = Universe (everything that exist).

We have proof that energy and matter is never created or destroyed only changed. So that's proof that it wasn't created.

I have a idea that the "random variables" in quantum mechanics are levers that allow God to steer fate without breaking the laws of physics. Everything is determined by God, but within our universe many things are unpredictable. For example, God can inspire Beethoven by tweaking some quantum mechanical states in Beethoven's brain, but there will never be any proof that God was there. But for this to work God must be completely outside the universe.

I like that idea better than pantheism, because it means everything has a purpose and everything is exactly the way God wants it to be.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

By universe I'm saying all of space and time, everything that exists, I'm speaking of existence itself. Are you saying that God is out of existence? Because if so you are saying he doesn't exist.
edit on 18-1-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Kutthroat

Yah, we know. That was the whole point of the question...

Why would a all loving God create a world were killing would have to be done for survival. Couldn't this all loving God create a system where we would never have to kill and cause harm to another being if we didn't want to..

perhaps animals have a similar Karmic system to humans...

Just a thought...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join