It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space probes feel cosmic tug of bizarre forces

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
d1k

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Do you mean Voyagers or was it just shortcut in brains because this effect was observed on Pioneers.

Easy there space ace, I bet thats you in your avatar isn't it?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hey E_T

I have been wondering about the whole gravity wave thing from Black holes and I wondered if that would mean we and all matter is constantly moving around in a turbulant sea like a boat or do these gravity waves pass through matter like sound through the air?

What are your thoughts?

All the best,

Tim,

E_T

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim_uk74
I have been wondering about the whole gravity wave thing from Black holes and I wondered if that would mean we and all matter is constantly moving around in a turbulant sea like a boat or do these gravity waves pass through matter like sound through the air?
Well, that could be said...
Pics I've seen from computer simulated collisions of blackholes/neutron stars looks much like expanding waves in water. And really cause ripple to entire space-time. (and objects in it)

Einstein's general theory of relativity predicts that colliding black holes should produce the most thunderous gravity waves. Scientists hope to detect these with instruments designed to measure the minute changes in the distance between objects caused by the passing of a gravity wave.
www.newscientist.com...

Originally posted by d1k
Easy there space ace, I bet thats you in your avatar isn't it?

Yeah, I was as guide in here, ... nice to have "own" name in suit.
(who guesses my first name?)

<< 1   >>

join