It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strang rumbling noise being heard right now in Fort Worth, TX

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I live in fort worth. Not far from the naval air station and Lockheed Martin.

I think what we've been hearing here is testing of jet engines at Lockheed. They don't sound anything at all like the "trumpets of.god" videos that have been going around. They are loud and obnoxious, and they test at times that most people are sleeping

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
and how come the only ones who are claiming to hear the noise are the only ones who's filming it. Where are the other people? i mean if that is real for sure other people will be running outside to see what it is right?? like this one video i saw taken at venice beach, CA. the video quality looks so professional and not amateur focusing the shore. there are people walking but they're all seem to be just walking calmly and peacefully as if nothing is happening.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
seriously? how come it is not being covered in any news even local news where these sounds are being heard? what percentage it is that we can rely on these members posting and claiming that they heard it? and the videos? come on, people can always take out a video cam point it towards the sky or outside the window while playing a recorded rumbling sound effects.

not to mention that the only websites who are covering or talking about these "bull" are websites similar to ATS and godlike productions. No, legit local information websites.

edit on 18-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: (no reason given)

Yea your right I heard rumbling noises like I said earlier, but it could have been that I've been waiting patiently to see if this sound is real or not. Also I tend to forget I live in a city where we have one of the biggest Air Force bases (San Antonio, TX). I didn't see a thing but then again it could have just been out of excitement. I'm starting to believe this is a hoax or a psy-op, I mean I would # my pants and inform all 400 of my Facebook friends if they heard this eerie noise, unfortunately only the people capturing these videos have a clue and they don't even say a word not one bit of concern in there videos.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm in North Dallas too---
nothing out of the ordinary here.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Bummer right? I do hope to hear the sound myself, but all I could hear was the sound of traffic way off in the distance.

Only cool thing I've caught with my camera was a baby owl flying over head and landing just a few feet from me on a neighbors balcony ( I live in an apartment)
edit on 18-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's 2:16 on a clear and chilly night and I've been hearing this kind of rumbling noise for about 8 minutes now

Sounds carry great distances when it's clear and cold, especially low-pitched sounds. And they are particularly noticeable in the middle of the night because A) there's little background noise (TVs, people talking, etc.) and B) we're laying in bed with nothing better to do than listen to sounds. I've noticed this phenomenon throughout my life, often when it's clear and cold I'll hear that low rumbling in the middle of the night if I'm laying there awake. It's nothing new and it's probably something quite ordinary like a train in the distance.
edit on 18-1-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

exactly what i heard too. 5:00 am. over cast clouds. multi directional. about 10 mins. right overhead you can almost touch it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i'm in foat wuth too
close to TCU.

i dont see how we could hear any "hum" or whatever it is with lockheed flying jets around or ground testing engines.
hell i can hear one now.
then there is the constant highway noise from 20 & 35.

if we were out in the middle of nowhere like canada and we could hear rumbling, then we would have something.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ok, I'm glad you posted this. We live at Lake Travis (Austin)
and I have heard that rumble. First I thought it was the train
going through Cedar Park, but the train always blows it's whistle
because of all the road crossings and most importantly the rumble
went on way too long to be a train . I have heard it many times.
It sounds quite far away and definitely from the North as well as
sounding like it's up in the sky. Usually after 10pm or so.
I'll be listening.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

There was an earthquake yesterday, maybe the noise is coming from the earth and its about to break up BIG time....
3.2 MAG
Date-Time

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 22:30:55 UTC
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 04:30:55 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 32.373°N, 97.490°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region NORTHERN TEXAS
Distances 10 km (6 miles) WNW of Cleburne, Texas
42 km (26 miles) SSW of Fort Worth, Texas
79 km (49 miles) SW of Dallas, Texas
234 km (145 miles) N of AUSTIN, Texas

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

Wow, you're awesome! That's a lot of great info.
Thank you for finding this. I will check it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
reply to post by lyons666

Wow, you're awesome! That's a lot of great info.
Thank you for finding this. I will check it out.

Thanks and your welcome...I check the quakes daily, sometimes three or four times a day..Here is another link to quakes if your interested..
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PFCStryker

There are many many many people hearing this. Not everyone of them has a video camera on their phone or a dedicated camera. I know I do not. Still pictures with no audio will do nothing to add to the thread.

Many people think those reporting this must be just pulling our leg, trying to get ATS points, stars, or flags. While some of them may be doing just that, I know that all of them aren't.

This is being covered in the media, just as was posted in the recent thread 'Strange Phenomena Happening Right Now in Knoxville TN'

In fact, not only is the news covering it, they have had several stories related to this over a period of several months.

There has also been an episode of Unsolved Mysteries that delves into the strange sound phenomena. Their results can't be accurate, as they speculate that the noise being heard is actually a medical condition affecting certain individuals, causing them to hear this sound, when no one else does. Therefore, their conclusion can't be accepted as the source, since this is confirmed by multiple individuals in each area experiencing the sounds.

I know it can seem frustrating to look up and see thread after thread on this tpoic, but I hope the new threads contiue to pop up.

If the members who experience a new incident go to one of the older threads and post their experience, many members here will not see the new post, as they may assume it is simply a post that refers to the existing thread. So the only way to be certain that ATS members have the benefit of being fully aware of all the new events is to have each incident outlined in a thread of it's own, describing the characteristics of the experience.

Until their is an undeniable answer to the strange sound phenomena sweeping the planet, I think new threads should absolutely be authored and posted for all of ATS to see.

edit on 20-1-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

That is EXACTLY what i Heard here north of Nashville, it lasted about 45 minutes, then stopped and kinda echoed out.........

Havent heard it since............except it seemed louder then that here

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
@esteay812

I agree. thanks for the tip, much appreciated.

since this issue went viral I actually started monitoring my surrounding.
edit on 20-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
With so many threads as of late on this topic I think it would be safe to assume most of ATS is aware of said phenomenon. That being said, next time anyone here hears "the strange hum/rumble" document it properly. Get a camera (or phone whatever) start recording. Now without stopping your recording AT ALL go to your tv and turn it to the tvguide for proof of date and time. Next go outside and get the noise on there until is stops (a lot of these videos just end even though the noise is still going. Follow these steps up with an interview of a family member, friend, or nieghbor to see if they heard what you heard (if it is real then they should have a natural reaction). End recording and post on internet UN-EDITED in ANY way (no intros or text overlays), just the video as recorded. this will be a tremendous start in compiling videos that seem legit compared to the obvious fakes. Also one last thing, before anyone goes posting a new threaad with a youtube video, do a little research on it first. How long has the poster been a member, what uploads do they have, their youtube activity, etc. This will also help weed out fakes.

That's my two cents for now, probably won't input on this topic again unless I have a video myself to share. However I will keep an eye on it. Peace out peoples!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Please contribute your story to one of the many many many existing threads or to this PINNED FORUM THREAD.

Closed.

<< 1   >>

join