It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strang rumbling noise being heard right now in Fort Worth, TX

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It's 2:16 on a clear and chilly night and I've been hearing this kind of rumbling noise for about 8 minutes now, at first I thought it was just a jet but if it was, then I think the sound would have already faded. I'm inside and I can still listen to it!

I also heard it yesterday morning at around 5am.
I will try my best to provide audio

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
video (though dark) will also help too...it sort of adds to the whole package...isolating sounds and such.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Not that I dont believe you my friend, but this is becoming rediculous.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

I know that is what I was thinking from all the threads but trust me it was a weird noise that I heard.

link   
i heard the rumbling noise in barrie ontario Canada last night. thought a garbage truck was parked in front of my house. but there was nothing around.

link   
I really hope that in the next few minutes you post "Be right back while I grab a sound clip/video clip", otherwise, I am left kind of disappointed and thinking this could have been added to one of the existing sound threads. *crosses fingers for sound clip*

By the way, I have heard it too, in 2010 and I remember I could feel it in the walls. Went on for about 1/2 hour.

link   
reply to post by amongus

Maybe it's happening more.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Even if there are TWO legit videos of this phenomenon, that is worth looking into. The 13 or so that have been posted so far over the past few days borders on insanity.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well, I am quite a bit north of there in Plano, but I will go outside and see if I can hear anything, for what it's worth.
edit on 18-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I know that is what I was thinking from all the threads but trust me it was a weird noise that I heard.

No! I wasn't doubting you. . .I was only saying that this is something that needs to be taken seriously, and all the accounts are insane.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Currently, SEVEN out of the top 10 of the "most recent posts to threads" involve the strange sounds in the sky.

Something is going on. These all can't be a hoax. . . .
edit on 18-1-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Like I said, I am here in Plano. About an hour drive north of Fort Worth ( 45 minutes if you drive like me).

I can't hear anything out of the ordinary here, but again, I am quit some distance away. about 52 miles.

I will keep listening though. I really want to hear this for myself. I have camera ready just in case.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Just posted about this exact thing in another thread. You aren't just hearing things, you're hearing things.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yeah, I agree. I have seen two that have been identified as hoaxes. One took the audio from a video in Russia and used it. Another took the sound of the smoke monster signal from LOST the TV show and used that...

But a lot of these.... I am really wondering...I think there is something to a few of these.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

With all these 'strange noise' threads for the past 6 months, and a resurgence in popularity, I have been wondering "when is my chance to hear strange noises". So it was about 3:15am this morning and I was going to the bathroom, away from the noise of the TV and woodstove, etc. I heard a strange noise as well, a low continuous rumbling or growling... sort of like a jet but in the distance. Initially I thought maybe its too cold out for the heat stoves to keep up with the heat-load, and the oil furnace kicked on the baseboard heaters and central air systems... But then I remembered the day-time temperatures earlier today, mid 40s...

I stepped out my front door into 48 degree weather (at 3:15am in Massachusetts in the middle of January, mind you) for 4-5 minutes and concluded after only 30-45 seconds that it was either a train in the distance or wind. The sound sort of increased and faded like wind does. Either that or the wind was carrying the sound of the train passing, but since wind changes direction and velocity it will sound varied by my ear a few miles away anyways.

The noise sounded reminiscent of the low quality youtube videos I had seen months ago (though the more recent videos seem hoaxed to me, more like a horror movie trailer). But nothing about the sound caused me to worry. The ATS community seems to be a worried and paranoid bunch in general. Additionally this reminds me of the threads I was reading half a year ago about the skies being more deep blue and the sun being more golden in yester-year; Basically that things were 'better' or at least 'more normal' (subjectively) in the past, and that things happening today are unprecedented somehow. See article.

I like to keep an open mind, and sometimes I am hopeful for an incredible event to happen to spice up my boring life, but alas I view myself as far too analytical and logical. I am afraid I will have to put this 'strange noise' phenomenon into the same file along with chem-trails, orgonite, psy-ops mind control, and haarp. *shrugs*

ETA: It was 48 degrees at 11pm - 12am... I just checked the outside thermometer at 3:42am and it is reading 50 degrees. This is nutty weather for mid-january in central MA. Additionally I just went back outside at 3:57 and the moon is about 4 fingers above the treeline, 10 degrees if I had to guess. Im using 4 fingers per hour at arms length sunset rate, general rule of thumb. The moon is late crescent though Im not sure the technical term, its heading towards new moon. Through the moon light I can see that there is a fairly heavy and consistent cloud cover. We just came out of a cold front 2 days ago, and the jet stream should be sweeping across and drawing high pressure more mild air up north along the east coast right about now. This would equate to higher winds, especially at altitude. I just figured I would report what I saw, as I saw it, as an objective observation.
edit on 18-1-2012 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

ETA Again: The time is 4:07am, the moon is much less visible, though I can see many stars. The big dipper is almost directly overhead, but due north if I had to pick a coordinate. While facing north the big dipper looks to be inverted. The moon is still about 4 fingers above the tree line, approaching 5 fingers. (above treeline, so maybe 5-6 fingers above the horizon.) You have my general location, date and time stamps, and stellarium at your disposal so you can verify my testimony. I still attribute many of the claims to either wind alone, or the wind carrying the noise of a passing train or possible roadwork, even from a few miles out.
edit on 18-1-2012 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Yeah, I agree. I have seen two that have been identified as hoaxes. One took the audio from a video in Russia and used it. Another took the sound of the smoke monster signal from LOST the TV show and used that...

But a lot of these.... I am really wondering...I think there is something to a few of these.

Just like the UFO debate. If only ONE can not be explained, then what is it. .

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Earlier today I heard a loud rumbling noise as well. Looked up and saw nothing lasted only 4 to 5 minutes though skies were extremely clear. Im out of San Antonio, TX

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
seriously? how come it is not being covered in any news even local news where these sounds are being heard? what percentage it is that we can rely on these members posting and claiming that they heard it? and the videos? come on, people can always take out a video cam point it towards the sky or outside the window while playing a recorded rumbling sound effects.

not to mention that the only websites who are covering or talking about these "bull" are websites similar to ATS and godlike productions. No, legit local information websites.

edit on 18-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I know the sound you speak of, and we heard it in SK - the extended sound of a jet, back around Dec. 11. It freaked me out so, that I decided to start a thread, since I hadn't heard the jet sounds reported in western Canada.

ATSer StealthyKat in Louisiana stated she heard the same thing, and was able to record/upload to youtube. It was very similar to what we heard.

What first drew our attention to the skies the day we heard it, was when the jet sound stopped abruptly, for 3 seconds/started/repeat. We half expected to see a plane in distress, but there was nothing.

This vid is from '09, but sounds the closest to what we heard here:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is madness. (Not you OP)

But all these insane posts in everybody's threads.

Last week... I was in the shower and I heard a low rumbling noise... could have been the shower head

Sounded like a car idling in my garage.

This is not what is being talked about. When you are TRYING to here things, you are going to here them plain and simple.

What should be being posted about are actual loud rumbling noises or however you want to describe them. Noises that you go out side and your neighbors all down the street are looking for

Just my 2 cents, this guess what I heard fad is going a little too far and is counter productive.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Mindcrime30 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join