It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking about talking to people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have heard, all my life (I'm 43) things people say to stop topics of conversation.

"My momma/daady/granny/etc. always said Never mention politics or religion, in polite conversation"

"Look I don't talk about politics, it just makes me mad."

"I really don't want to get into "that" right now"

"Why worry about things you can't change?"

"Why do you care?"

There's quite a list of conversation stoppers. I am now wondering how many of these ideas really are simply mind control type switches created in the brain to short circuit a lot of people's ability to think about, let alone discuss, some of the more important issues in their lives. Letting others decide their fates, for better or worse.

Other phrases/ideas that piss me off.

"It is what it is." = Just deal with it, but often used without the idea that ... things can be changed, and people can make change, so it IS what we LET it be. Not it is, what it is.

"I don't care." = Sheeple/Nitwit/Loser/Soon to be Statistic

"I voted, so I did my part!" = Doesn't realize there is only One branch of the bought out government, Republicrats. It's WWE for "grown ups".

"Look it's just human nature, it isn't going to change." = Limited ability to reason, as people can and do change, so acting like "some things are just that way" shows that you can't imagine some people just choosing, with a will, to NOT do that. That morals cannot be learned, or taught, or even possible because "Guyz is Dogz yo!" (Not a racist slur, just one flavor of stupid, it could be just as easily "Well I got drunk, a-heh, and I doned my cousin!")

I could go on for days. I just say I totally am starting to see how language itself is a weapon, and so many people are unable to fight for even their free will anymore.

Oh, and since this is a NWO thread, this crap is on purpose. I know they have added phrases to the Americans for sure, let alone the rest of the world, that are this tripe. No different than creating the "Diamond" market in America using Hollywood, because people is suckers.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
saying someone is a sheeple because they don't care is a little far fetched and narrow minded, not everybody gives 2 hoots about meaningless subjects, in fact I don't care is the proper response to rubbish subjects like your religion or politics. and there is nothing you can do, also a proper response. know your limits and accept them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'm going to throw this out there too:

"We can't do anything about it so why worry?"
"Why are you so worried about it, what can one person change?"
Or...
"Where do you get this information?"

And I get these statements from the very people who should be paying attention.
Instead, the people who make these statements can tell me who won the last Idol search.
But they don't know what NDAA stands for.

Now...what is more important?
NDAA?
Or Idol?

Very scary times ahead.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

We should be talking, discussing, and problem solving everything. Far too often Ego, emotion, selfishness, fear, and ignorance stop us from unbiased examination.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Bang on with these phrases mate, i've stumbled across these before and they annoy me so much!!!

MENTAL SHUTDOWN.

END OF CONVERSATION.

BYE.

Ugh, those people need a lesson in respect!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
after 8 years of personal experience:

It isn't all as big as it seems. Life doesn't go that way. Bible: Don't stick your nose in too many businesses.

All there is about these things is that you like suffer what you know and it gives a special feeling. You just become no human. It's something you won't mind when you grow up. Life will take you on a different road. You still need to give life a chance. All of this sh*t gives you a feeling you are one of those who know. What is it to know?

Noone is interested in these kind of things. should I say it?? nah..

You'll grow out of it; then you will be right in it!

My pleasure.

E.W.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
after 8 years of personal experience:

It isn't all as big as it seems. Life doesn't go that way. Bible: Don't stick your nose in too many businesses.

All there is about these things is that you like suffer what you know and it gives a special feeling. You just become no human. It's something you won't mind when you grow up. Life will take you on a different road. You still need to give life a chance. All of this sh*t gives you a feeling you are one of those who know. What is it to know?

Noone is interested in these kind of things. should I say it?? nah..

You'll grow out of it; then you will be right in it!

My pleasure.

E.W.

So sit and except that there are children dying of starvation everyday and 3/4 of our foreign is going to Isreal because of Israel's problems?

And thats just for starters. If nobody talks about it, nobody will acknowledge it, and eventually people will forget it completely. People who remind others are doing it for a positive benefit if anything. Caring about others than those around you should be a life goal, nothing to just sit by and accept is an impossibility.

The system is broken, it doesn't work. It's a sinking ship that cannot be recovered from. Delaying the inevitable only makes it harder when people do realize they should have listened. There are some people out there with evil intentions. And unfortunately most of our officials have been bought out.
edit on 19-1-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

The bible has been outdated for quite some time so you might want to use a different guide on how to live your life.

And grow up. Only children are so weak of attention that they are distracted all the time. Are you a child?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Too all the people who have had comfort for so long, when you join the masses of the screaming starving hordes, you have the LEAST to complain about. Please remember that.

Acting like everything is just fine, and will just work itself out, is a very selfish defense. Who cares about everyone else? I'm doing good.

Only talking about superficial issues has DOOMED us. So thanks for that all the "Life is Long, don't sweat it" people. When the ship sinks, you will be where others have been for many decades, often by your own government, in your name because you wont stop them.

The hardest hit will be the sheep. They just don't know it yet, of course!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I know how it ends. In the end we will all stand against eachother. And then:

I don't believe in this unity. Why look outside the box when it is on the inside of it. This world gives birth to strange products of mankind. What is wrong? Where I am there's no much going on. What is lurking me away of myself? I do not understand. I believed the teaching but didn't comprehend. Altough every day I get courage to move on there is nothing to move on in. Hahahahah how much I run I seem to stay at the same point.

Life s*cks. No destination. Lost!

We all suffer, you don't.

I just post sh*t. :explode-emoticon:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think Sweeney Todd had the right of it.
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and it's filled with people who are filled with s***, and the vermin of the world inhabit it.
But not for long.
They all deserve to die. Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why.
Because in all of the whole human race, Mrs. Lovett, there are two kinds of men, and only two.
There's the one staying put in his proper place, and the one with his foot in the other one's face.
Look at me, Mrs. Lovett, look at you.
No, we all deserve to die.
Even you Mrs. Lovett, even I.
Because the lives of the wicked should be made brief. For the rest of us death will be a relief.
We all deserve to die.

new topics

top topics

join