It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic Skies all the way Downunder. This Aussie is now a believer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So I reside in the northernmost city of Australia called Darwin. I live in a place where our lightning and thunderstorms are renown for their ferocity and awesomeness.

I've been seeing a few threads especially as of late about these so called 'Trumpets in the sky'. I never even watched a video or read more on the topic as I was so skeptical about the name of the phenomenon itself.
Anyway very early this morning(around 4am-5am) Darwin had one of its more violent thunderstorms which woke me from my sleep. So, I was there in bed trying to get back to sleep with all the loud bouts of thunder and one of them struck and sounded like I've never heard before to the point where I could not go back to sleep as it freaked me out.

First off there was a loud thunderous BANG! which sounded like it struck very close to my bedroom BUT its echo lasted for more than at least 8 seconds and it sounded like the part where Neo gets engulfed by the glass of the matrix after he swallows the pill . You know that giltchy type of sound? It reverberated throughout out my neighborhood and it actually sounded awesome but it freaked me out.

I live right near the foreshore and after hearing that it occurred to me that this energy was immense. It sounded like it was very close to my vicinity but it could of been omnipresent-like. Like the sound was everywhere. Ive been at work today and asked around but no one stayed awake long enough to listen to the pounding thunderstorm.

So i literally just got home and as I doing my daily ATS browsing I decided to see if what I heard was this 'trumpet-in-the-sky-like-phenomenon'
so i watched the video from Spain and to my awe, it was exactly the same type of sound only 3x more glitchy-like and intense.

Anyway I just wanted to let people know that this phenomenon is not just some sort of mine blasting or other type of human variable that creates it. It is very real and has turned this skeptic to a believer. The reverb was so audio orgasmic but at the same time scary as hell. (haha yea im an audiophile)

I really think that its atmospheric but why now and not before? Is there an explanation for this because I've never ever heard anything like it before.

That is my gospel. Take care peeps.
BarrelMan

I found a clip of the scene im talking about. Its not exactly like that but its a mix of that and the documented phenomenon.

And this is a video on youtube of our storms. I dont think its that severe but thats the most severe one on youtube of Darwin.

edit on 18/1/12 by TheBarrelMan because: added video

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
insane, i want to hear it. I would poop myself but its worth it. I think I heard the "rumbling noise" last night though, not the trumpet one. it sounded like their was a garbage truck idling in front of my house. but there was nothing around. I live in ontario Canada.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
it appears that this rumbling harmonic is happening mostly at the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.. I have been on the balcony a few times at night and its dead silent here in E.Africa. I want to hear with my own Ears !

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Isn't venus supposed to be having some of it's atmosphere sucked out by a big solar wind soon if not about now? I think there was a chance that might glance the earth too. Something like that.

Kinda scary to think something could suck a planet's atmosphere away. Next thing you know I'll be saving up bags of air in addition to jugs of water.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The phenomenon with the roaring thunderlike sounds occurs during clear skies, no rain, no thunder, no clouds. That's why it's so talked about, and it can be heard for miles (I've called my Dad who lives a few miles away and he was surprised to hear it but see the forecast was clear skies). What you're talking about sounds different. The roaring and trumpet sounds people are hearing are definitely out of this World, literally. They can be heard through long distances, can't be seen, can't be explained. It's like someone's playing a thunder/explosive-mixtape, or in the case of the Harmonic sounds some Indian flute song, from an invisible boom box over large cities.
edit on 18-1-2012 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Yeah, i know so far the documented cases have nothing happening that might have caused it. What I heard was still out of this world. It was something i've never ever come across before. The thunder was a catalyst for the sound? It seemed to reverberate its glitchy tone for a while.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
And I say until the storm, come.
and I say unto the distant ones, come.
And I say unto my people, unite.
And I say unto the oppressors, go

I think I will throw a 2012 storm party. Ist stock up on Booz and good stuff... then throw a party the night of the storm. When it adobe's we will all go lay on my roof and look up at it. Or maybe take the cesna above the course to see what's really there

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
No hint of this noise south of you in wa.

Are you entirely sure it was not climatic? I mean, I've heard of storms rolling in, over and out of darwin in the space of hours. With full thunderous storms along the way.

How long you lived there? I had a mate up there on the islands doing navigation work, and he used to love how fast they came and went.

He also loved the muggy weather, which is why I never went.

and thats over 20 years ago.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by punisher2012
And I say until the storm, come.
and I say unto the distant ones, come.
And I say unto my people, unite.
And I say unto the oppressors, go

I say until the time comes, let it be known that climatic events occur and not to panic; for every storm there is a child unaware of the ferocity of such a storm. And for every adult there is at least one who will proclaim it is the work of god. Best we let time tell, and let the future expel it's truth, rather than manifest truth out of confusion, for it leads to panic and fear. And fear is the beholder of the insane mind.

yeah well I made that up, so .. sue me

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I live in South West Australia and I have to admit about 3 weeks ago I heard a noise that woke me up and it continued to just drone on for quite some time. I thought it may have been a boat heading out to sea so I got up and walked over to my balcony to get a better look and it seemed to come from high above.

It didn't doppler away either so it got me thinking what it could of been ? then it just stopped instantly as if it was artificially projected somehow.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Ive been here for 14 years this coming Australia day. This storm didn't just come and go it stayed for a few hours. The noise phenomenon only happened once during the storm. The rest of the thunders seemed pretty normal compared to what I heard. Yea the storms here are pretty full on compared to anywhere I've been before.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBarrelMan
reply to post by mainidh

Ive been here for 14 years this coming Australia day. This storm didn't just come and go it stayed for a few hours. The noise phenomenon only happened once during the storm. The rest of the thunders seemed pretty normal compared to what I heard. Yea the storms here are pretty full on compared to anywhere I've been before.

huh... interesting. man I wish ud recorded it.

Thanks for replying! I wish I could have something to report down here. we never get anything

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kassych
it appears that this rumbling harmonic is happening mostly at the Northern and Southern Hemispheres..

Good spotting... People in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres get all the luck

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

dont the north and south hemispheres = the entire earth?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
reply to post by Seagle

dont the north and south hemispheres = the entire earth?

Yep.

I must really need to work on my delivery of sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

haha I figured you may have been sarcastic, but just makin sure

join