It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Missile Threat to U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
September 13, 2004
Alexandr Nemets

According to multiple sources, China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) began intensifying construction of its strategic missile and nuclear potential soon after the failure of its "missile maneuvers" around Taiwan in March 1996.

Today, China openly acknowledges its strategic focus on a "missile sword" � a process that was accelerated after NATO's successful aerial war against Yugoslavia.

China denies that its missile strategy is in response to America's vow to militarily defend Taiwan in a showdown that likely will take place this decade.

newsmax.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

China denies that its missile strategy is in response to America's vow to militarily defend Taiwan in a showdown that likely will take place this decade.

That is very unlikely to happen. A military showdown is the last thing they need, and even if it does happen, it'll be a small-scale, short-term war over the Spratly Islands, something more "attractive" to America.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by SIRR1

That is very unlikely to happen. A military showdown is the last thing they need, and even if it does happen, it'll be a small-scale, short-term war over the Spratly Islands, something more "attractive" to America.

Taiwan should just invade China, fix the problem once and for all

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
agreed. US butt out Taiwan is China's. That being said China should move more to democracy. The US govt and political system sucks but it's a hell of a lot better than China's and if China becomes the top dog IMO it should be a democracy.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
actually the US government wont "butt out" cuz china shouldn't take advantage of Taiwan, and china top dog
oh you gave me a good laugh. I think lining people up behind walls and shooting them as the Chicoms do isn't your style huh

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
don't be so arrogant WestPoint empires always rise and fall it has happened throughout history. And the US will cease to be on the top one day, its just a matter of time.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
empires before the Us did not have the power to take the world down with them now did they?
By that i mean economically and militarily (nukes). But i guess you are right in 15000 years the Us might begin to fall

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
empires before the Us did not have the power to take the world down with them now did they?
By that i mean economically and militarily (nukes). But i guess you are right in 15000 years the Us might begin to fall

Jeeesus, this has got me rolling around on the floor
. Please stop posting, I think I'm about to burst a gut.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
don't be so arrogant WestPoint empires always rise and fall it has happened throughout history. And the US will cease to be on the top one day, its just a matter of time.

thanks,
drfunk

drfunk,

If you're implying that the United States is an empire that will fall, then Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Canada is all part of that same empire that was started over 200 years ago and we'll be speaking Mandarin in a few decades.

Our government sucks?
Yeah, they're the reason that the U.S is so weak and a pushover in the world community.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Jeeesus, this has got me rolling around on the floor . Please stop posting, I think I'm about to burst a gut.

Are you impaired? or challenged?. The US does have the power to destroy the world with our nukes if we wanted to, and if we collapse the world economy will fall as well

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Are you impaired? or challenged?. The US does have the power to destroy the world with our nukes if we wanted to, and if we collapse the world economy will fall as well

I think he was referring to your disturbing enthusiasm of America's ability to destroy the world.

Really, it's scaring us. But hey, if you want to see the U.S. destroy the world, more power to ya!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Westy, contrary to your dilluded belief of absolute American supremacy, I think you will find that you are just one of several countries capable of doing that. If china collapsed, your economy would be screwed, what you fail to realise is the interdependent nature of all countries in the world.

Stop with your warmongering and sabre rattling, and go back to looking for pictures of Naked brittany Spears, or whatever it is you get up too when your mum is at work.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

actually the US government wont "butt out" cuz china shouldn't take advantage of Taiwan, and china top dog
oh you gave me a good laugh. I think lining people up behind walls and shooting them as the Chicoms do isn't your style huh

takeing advantage aye? what about the rebels in afaghanistan? you gave them money and training during the cold war agasint the russians. not to get thier country back, but to do one over on the russians.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
We must gauge the price, 22 millions Taiwanese, versus 11 million Americans in an around the LA basin. A lucky shot by a Chinese sub on an American CBG 15,000 sailors dead, Chinese cruise missle armed with nuclear warhead no chance of surviors. I am more in isolationist camp, American lives are more important than a Taiwanese. The Republicans (aka true believers) don't care the price democracy is religion to them. They will drag us into it, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Americans are more important than Taiwanese? No one life is more important than another you arrogant Yank! How can you say that! If you dont want to go to war then dont, but dont belittle other people by saying that yours are more important!

new topics

top topics

join