It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawrence O'Donnell responds to AP's claim that Ron Paul fly's first class on government dime.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Watch the entire thing, it is good to see the MSM putting the MSM in it's place.

If you're too lazy to watch, my personal summary and spoiler is at the bottom of this post.

So the Associated press claims Ron Paul flys first class on the government's dime while touting fiscal conservatism. Lawrence O'Donnell says he was about to come out with the story (AP's version) but their investigative team first gave a call to Ron Paul's office (DUH, JOURNALISM...AP, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?).

So Ron Paul's office responds that Ron buys refundable coach tickets (like he should) and gets upgrades to first class whenever his frequent flyer miles allows him to.

This is Associated Press' SECOND Ron Paul BLUNDER in recent memory. Those guys are clowns and starting to look like Fox and CNN in my eyes.

edit on 18-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am surprised MSNBC of all outlets told the truth. you'd think since they pushed so hard for Obama in 08 that they would just roll with the AP article.

on another note.... this is what happens when the elitist media fears a candidate.... they'll put a spin on everything...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
How about going after the Botox queen Nancy Piglosi in her air travels. Start there before going after Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow....I'm shocked....for them to tell the truth on TV ?

Never thought I would have cognitive dissonance from hearing something true on TV.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Lawrence o'donnel is a good man. Although him and Paul do not see eye to eye, they still respect each other. Good men know a good man when they see one. Great story. This gives me the hope I need.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Media correcting media.

S&F

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Well, I give credit where it is due but let's not forget that O'Donnell was the one that said, "If we take out Ron Paul, Huntsman would be second!", in reference to the New Hampshire primary results.

They're all fools but its good to see the fools correcting each other, fighting over breadcrumbs, while we stand up for liberty, free markets, and peace.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
.....meanwhile the Obamas are making sure Air Force One is all ready and set to fly for a special mission to and from Hawaii....The mission consists of picking up their dog.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I am surprised MSNBC of all outlets told the truth. you'd think since they pushed so hard for Obama in 08 that they would just roll with the AP article.

I find a lot of claims about MSNBC being dishonest but I never see any examples of that. Why would they not tell the truth? Besides, from the standpoint of MSNBC it seems there is a very good reason to have done this.

on another note.... this is what happens when the elitist media fears a candidate.... they'll put a spin on everything...

Then I guess that means MSNBC has no fear of Ron Paul?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I know that Lawrence is liberal and that offsets some of you guys, but he really is a stand up character. You can't tell by this segment but Lawrence is actually one of the few people on the station that speak out against Ron Paul.

Just because he doesn't like Paul's politics, doesn't mean he is a liar.

In fact, while skewed, MSNBC is not known for reporting lies. That would be Fox.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by UnaChispa

Well, I give credit where it is due but let's not forget that O'Donnell was the one that said, "If we take out Ron Paul, Huntsman would be second!", in reference to the New Hampshire primary results.

They're all fools but its good to see the fools correcting each other, fighting over breadcrumbs, while we stand up for liberty, free markets, and peace.

As I wrote, O'Donnell dislikes Paul's political stance... heavily would be an understatement.

O'Donnell is a real journalist and will still be honest with his viewers.
edit on 1/18/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

You would probably be surprised how much MSNBC corrects errors and mistakes - or apologizes for being stupid. You would also be surprised how hard they come down on democratic shenanigans. I don't recall the others actually trying to stay on the factual side of the tracks.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Doesn't really surprise me at all. MSNBC is without a doubt, the most truthful of all the MSM news outlets and none of the other news sources come close to being as responsible when it comes to investigating the facts behind a story and/or issuing corrections and/or retractions when mistakes have been made.

To MSNBC I'd say; "As usual, your investigative dept. is "on the ball" and I thank you for that." When compared to MSNBC, Fox and CNN look like a bunch of 3rd graders attempting to imitate a news broadcast.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Doesn't really surprise me at all. MSNBC is without a doubt, the most truthful of all the MSM news outlets and none of the other news sources come close to being as responsible when it comes to investigating the facts behind a story and/or issuing corrections and/or retractions when mistakes have been made.

To MSNBC I'd say; "As usual, your investigative dept. is "on the ball" and I thank you for that." When compared to MSNBC, Fox and CNN look like a bunch of 3rd graders attempting to imitate a news broadcast.

I agree completely. But most Ron Paul supporters still get their "News" from Fox.
I'll never understand that. Fox is terrible to Paul, Obama and Pelosi.
Yet most of Paul's audience only believes the Fox lies about Obama and Pelosi.
Hmm.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Suppose he would do that, why is it a problem, when everybody else does, many of them in goverment provided private jets?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Well, it is obvious to me that Ron Paul has been this consistent on budget and fiscal matters just so he can build up a false record of consistency, so that after decades of being a "sleeper" in Congress he could eventually sachet into the Oval Office and saddle us with nation-wide Jim Crow laws.

I thought I would try to beat the anti-Paul people in their fiction spinning for this thread. Did I make it? I tried to fit the foreign policy and defense issue in too, but I am only on my first cup of coffee, and couldn't manage it. Besides it was a bit of a race to get this in.

What do you guys think? Did I do good? I wonder if my fiction will actually be better than the Anti- Paul one.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

.....meanwhile the Obamas are making sure Air Force One is all ready and set to fly for a special mission to and from Hawaii....The mission consists of picking up their dog.

How can you be so heartless? Isn't a little doggie more important than acting responsible in the most responsible office in the land. You are so cruel. I mean it's not like the Airlines wouldn't fly the pooch in cargo, they do it all the time. But where would the Secret Service puppyguards sit? Plus our sweet little canine might have his junk fondled by one of those TSA proletariat. We can't have that now can we? After the $4,000,000.00 vacation...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I'd be interested to know what "lies" they have told about Obama and Pelosi. Be specific.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
S&F, I accidentally had O'Donnells show on last night and when he intro-ed the piece about Ron Paul, I though it was going to be a typical hit job and quickly turned it off. Thanks for posting that it was actually good journalism!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
reply to post by sealing

I'd be interested to know what "lies" they have told about Obama and Pelosi. Be specific.

Did you just prove my point ? Do you believe Fox lies about RP
but tells the truth about Obama? Come on GeorgiaGirl.
I've seen your posts, you are quite smart and informed.
& I know we are polar opposites politically, but are you saying
Fox has NEVER told lies about Obama or Pelosi ? But they have about Ron Paul ?
So, if they have told lies about RP, a fellow Rep., imagine crap they come up with for Obama.
It's a whole other level. Should I really compile and comeback ?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join