It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um. Oh, well. This is awkward.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

This was at the top of my post. Oh dear.

But, here's the deal. This is probably my third intro post. My original was many moons ago, then I flounced, and then flounced again, made an spectacle of myself, and then flounced again. Yikes.

So here's the deal. I saw a post a couple of days ago on io9 about strange noises coming from the sky. It grabbed me and wouldn't let go. In the things I love, it's up there with the creepy/cool that is numbers stations. The googling around led me here. To the board where I've made a mess of myself. To the board where I have a history, and if I had any sense I'd create a new screen name and move on. But either old habits die hard, or I'm just a jerk that wants to be known. So be it.

I'll be lurking around for a good while. I'm not going to say a thing until I'm good and ready (unless it's in chat, I hang out there). But hi. I'm Mornington. Nice to meet you. Again.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningtonCrescent

Welcome back, welcome in, welcome you. Good to have you back on board. Hopefully you have learned, grown and possibly even decomposed a little bit. Regardless, be welcome and have fun.

ETA There seems to be something wrong with your account. 2 flags are listed yet your avatar area shows zero flags...

edit on 18/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 Maybe you are on ATS's naughty list, it's just something I noticed when replying to your intro.
edit on 18/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Hi Mornington! I also lurked here for sometime, i really enjoy reading some posts. But sometimes we open mouth and insert foot. We are all guilty of that. I was reading about the strange sounds coming from the air (or somewhere) a few min. ago. I havent heard anything lately, but last year I heard what sounded like a huge machine landing on my house at about 7 pm. My house vibrated! I just ducked and waited....it lasted about 45 seconds. When it was over I ran out side to look for the rotten so and so that had buzzed my house but there was nothing in the sky. I live out in the country so it wasn't any kind of traffic sound. Any way I live 60 miles or so north of Dallas and these noise threads fascinate me. Happy browsing! and a late welcome......

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

You're completely right. Posting here probably wasn't the best tactic. But here was my thought process: the board has changed completely since I'd last been here. I have no idea how things work now. My account might not be starting from square one, but my experience definitely is.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

hello welcome back , are you still a flight attendant ? i read that in your other thread?

Any fun adventures or stories to share with us ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yay, some one who has been around longer than I have! Much longer! I am no longer the old geezer of the site!

No but really, like you said, your account is old but your experience...Not so much.

The site is a bit easier to figure out now than it was years ago. But if you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a U2U.

Welcome back.

edit on 18-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hi Mornington, welcome back.

By the way, loving the name. The mystery of Mornington Crescent station........

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
...whoa...

...now THERE'S an old face...

Welcome Back!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Hi there, welcome back.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
hell an older member that me yay

welcome back oldman/woman

edit on 22/1/12 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join