It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on water purifier needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am looking to purchase a water purifier for the kitchen top, and was wondering if you guys thought this would suffice:

www.ebay.com.au...

Thank you in advance.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rukas

Get the instructions off the web for building a moonshine still and then use it to distill water. That's what I'm doing and it will work if the lights go out.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I love Berkey! It will literally turn pond scum into pure drinking water, but am saving mine for emergency. If you are looking for a cheap, decent kitchen tap setup, I have found PUR to be a pretty good brand, and I have been using mine for years. The filters run about $18 each, and they filter anywhere from 100-200 gallons depending on water quality. I usually get them on Ebay for about half of that though if I buy 6 or more at a time. But as I mentioned earlier, if you are looking for a really good setup for a SHTF scenario, it's Berkey all the way for me.

Water will be the number one priority in my book in a disaster scenario. Without potable water, you will not live long. A person can go without food for several days or more if needed, but can only survive a very short time without water.

Good luck in your search!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Inconceivable

Does either of these brands filter out flouride? If not, any suggestions on how to do that?

new topics

top topics

join