It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Noise: Strange Sounds Popping Up In Different Parts Of Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
2012 seemed an appropriate forum for this.

So, I've heard about the strange noises going on around the world but didn't pay attention to how frequent this really is. Actually, when I first learned about it, they were deep rumbling noises people;people claimed.

But today I saw this video which hit closer to home for me.

Now that's some freaky sh!t if real. So I went out on the net to listen to what others have been saying and recording.
The Huffington Post

UPDATE: Two bizarre — yet oddly similar — videos of howling have been recorded in separate parts of Canada, capturing the imagination of YouTube viewers and skeptics alike. The first video, posted on Jan. 12, reportedly recorded strange sounds in a forest in Conklin, Alta., a remote community northeast of Edmonton. The unidentified noise – which sounds like it came straight from the soundtrack of a horror movie – has racked up more than 500,000 views and dozens of comments, many of which question its authenticity.

Scrolling down the page to the second video prompted me to make this thread. I really wonder if we got something legit going on here? The phone camera video in the second clip kinda seals this for me. Among other subtle things. There are also so many out there from all over the world with almost the exact same noise. Too hard to duplicate and in such remote areas. Le Pas Manitoba, trust me, no one cares to make hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Someone please debunk these videos please.
I'm on the edge of freaking out about this.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

Do you really think that birds ignore something that loud? No they fall silent when something strange is afoot.

edit on 17-1-2012 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

So they're all hoaxes then right?

link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

Did you not hear the birds?

link   
Did you see this one?

I don't know what to make of it. The first one, in your OP, has been commented on by someone who said that there is a plant nearby that vents the steam and makes an ungodly sound.
The one in Manitoba is remote and different from the others, slightly. I know that some of these videos from Canada (particularly the Quebec one) are wrong, or there is something wrong with them, because the apparent timing makes no sense for January (as it is said to be on Jan 12th) and it to be green and leafy in Montreal at the time of the video being shot. (You will have to search for that one on youtube, though, I saw it in a compilation that was put here on ATS yesterday.)
This new round of sounds popping up seem different somehow, it has a more fake feel to it than the odd rumbling sounds that people where reporting in 2010/2011, but I am still not to sure to make of it. Rumbling I believe is possible and logical... harmonic sounds that are localized seems a little more far fetched.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If you search a bit you'll find many threads on here about these noises. I don't say this to say 'Already Posted', but to note that no one is debunking that I have seen. It's real alright. The question is what is causing it, not whether it's actually happening.

My thoughts run toward the aircraft/drone, perhaps some are even dirigible designs at the heart of it. Others suggest Fracking or sound from the atmosphere/space/haarp..and more. Lots of theories...nothing solid I've found yet and I'm one of several on here putting real time into researching.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All the vids I have seen recently, especially the second one on that link, sound like the creaking of a massive metal object... like a huge boat. What the heck is going on out there?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I know it's crazy isn't it? Too crazy to be true though? I've been reading some threads on the subject tonight and what more is interesting are all the people replying to threads with their own experience. Something is going on.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If you search a bit you'll find many threads on here about these noises. I don't say this to say 'Already Posted', but to note that no one is debunking that I have seen. It's real alright. The question is what is causing it, not whether it's actually happening.

My thoughts run toward the aircraft/drone, perhaps some are even dirigible designs at the heart of it. Others suggest Fracking or sound from the atmosphere/space/haarp..and more. Lots of theories...nothing solid I've found yet and I'm one of several on here putting real time into researching.

Yea, I've read those. All very interesting except fracking. Very weird.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
These sounds are definately real. My wife and I are in Winnipeg MB and we've heard them for about 2 years. The thing that makes people think its fake is that its almost the exact same sound.. it is every time you hear it its the exact same sound. I never thought trumpets until I saw a random post about "gods trumpets" but thats for real exactly what it sounds like is trumpets but a loud distorted metallic trumpet. We're very glad that there are other people hearing it, at the same time, pretty frightened by that thought. Its just nice to know people are finally accepting that its happening and focusing on the cause.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The sound was certainly manmade. Sounds like an airplane or rocket. Chill out

totally posted like six times b4 btw

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
The sound was certainly manmade. Sounds like an airplane or rocket. Chill out

totally posted like six times b4 btw

Whew! I feel better now. Thanks.

Oh, btw, do you have any ideas as to how it's man made? All the sounds are very similar so they must all have been made the same way.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

I'm from Winnipeg. Was this sound over the city out in the suburbs?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
One of the loudest noises man can make, a Rocket.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
One of the loudest noises man can make, a Rocket.

Um, ok. But that rocket doesn't sound anything like the sounds I posted. Besides, Winnipeg doesn't have rockets. Or Le Pas for that matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Kinda sounds like transport trucks on a local highway...

*shrug*

I don't know...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
When somebody hears this, they should whip out a compass and see what it does.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
When somebody hears this, they should whip out a compass and see what it does.

That is a really good idea and I will keep it in mind. But to have a camera, with battery charged ready to go and then a compass as well, seems like it would be too much for people to do when baffled by such a strange sound... I remember when I heard it that I paced around the house from window to window trying to locate a source point and putting my hands on the walls to feel the vibrations.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
These "sky sounds" are getting really eerie...something funny from the news article talking about how they think it sounds like Dragons from Skyrim and I told my gf the exact same thing earlier today.

The Dova have come back to reconquer mankind

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join