It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hey All,

I've been linked this video.. im not from the US, but i found it quite a good history lesson.

edit on 17-1-2012 by faaip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by faaip

If you don't like Ron Paul because of his foreign policy position, his foreign policy isn't the problem, yours is.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
His foreign policy can be broken down to "stop killing people for oil". What a horrible, horrible man. He gonna ruin this country with wacky policies like that.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i posted this video because i DO like his policy
did you guys even watch the video!

the whole point of the video is to show people who oppose his foreign policy what his policies are based off, their origins. as they say in the video, one of the best things about this guy is he knows his history, and its something a lot of politicians just dont refer to.
edit on 17-1-2012 by faaip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by faaip

A lot of folks from the Warmonger thread wont comment on this video.

Easier to hate from a position of ignorance.

Was a great vid, everything we have been saying , regarding foreign policy, and propaganda.

With Ron Paul being bang on as usual.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by faaip

Yeah I've seen the video before. It's very informative, and I can't see how people would oppose his foreign policy after briefly learning a bit about the history of our government and military, and also hearing what the troops actually have to say.

People who support endless wars have their beliefs rooted in a combination of ignorance and delusions formed through media propaganda. For the most part they believe that anything the government and media tells them is a threat is a threat, and that whatever military resolution there is to get rid of this threat is necessary and for the best.

When you take a step back from the "git those terrists!" mentality, actually look at the lies that bring us into these wars, think about how the CIA funded and trained the organization that turned into Al Qaeda, and realize that we supported the rebels in Libya that had strong ties to Al Qaeda, your whole concept of war gets turned upside down.

Add to that the defense contractors that lobby and have insiders that push to get us into wars so that they can rake in profits, and it seems that the military-industrial complex that Eisenhower warned about is alive and well, profiting off of the suffering of others that was brought about by brainwashing Americans into supporting it.

But if you stay in that little bubble where your information comes from mainstream media sources, you only know and think about so much that it's practically inevitable that you support whatever war is shoved down your throat. Hell we even have members on this website supporting war with Iran, which has more propaganda currently fueling it than there was for the build-up in Iraq.

I support a policy of peace. If we need to go to war, for reasons such as we're invaded by another country and troops and citizens are being killed, then do it in a way that obeys the Constitution. Finding countries to invade and looking for whatever reasons we have to go to war is not a policy that I could ever support.

one of the best things about this guy is he knows his history, and its something a lot of politicians just dont refer to.
Apparently Americans don't know history either, history meaning things that happened less than a decade ago. We were told that we needed to go to war with Iraq because they had nuclear weapons. That turned out to be a lie. Now we're being told that we might need to go to war witn Iran because they might have nuclear weapons or might be trying to develop them. Is it going to be true this time?

"Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it"
edit on 17-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by faaip

WAR ! Ugh , What is It Good For ? Absolutely Nothing ! .....Say It Again......

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ron Paul: Golden Rule? Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. [Matthew 7:12]

South Carolina: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WAS JESUS BOO'D IN SOUTH CAROLINA?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The reason people dislike Paul's Foreign Policy is because they're brainwashed into believing that we need to protect Israel, a nation that does absolutely nothing for America, above even ourselves. Israel must have our tax dollars even above the homeless veterans sleeping on the street. Why? Get this! Nobody knows!
Nobody knows why we must hand our money and kids over to Israel. Yet Paul is the kook for asking why?

top topics

join