It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation of Increasing STRANGE SOUNDS throughout the World - DUTCHINSE is Back?? =D

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I agree with you on many of your points. I've listened to many of these recordings too, as I find the whole subject weirdly fascinating. However, as a professional musician of 25 years experience working for many of them them at the top, I can say with 99% certainty that most of them are created using a good analogue synthesizer. I could even hazard a guess as to which model was actually used to create the sounds. Alesis made some pretty amazing synths in the late 80's-early 90's that are more than capable of reproducing all the sounds heard on these recordings. In fact, to my ears, many of them are obviously made on a good analogue synth. I actually recognize many of the samples as ones I've used myself in the past for recording projects!

The next questions are: Who, Why and How?

Here's a few suggestions:

Who stands to gain from such a hoax? Two candidates spring to mind for me. Fundamental Christian extremists have been clamoring for Armageddon for decades. They actually believe that if they can bring on Armageddon they will in fact bring about the Second Coming of Christ!! (Strange and scary to say the least.). It would be a simple matter to create these sounds with a good synth and a computer DAW (Digital Audio Workstation - any reasonably good computer), upload the audio files to your followers around the world with instructions for them to simply "film the sky around their home and add the audio file to the video" - a simple operation with something like Windows Movie Maker. Then upload the creation to Youtube in order to basically freak out millions of people, and convince them the "End Is Nigh". Simple.

Candidate 2:

I've seen various threads on ATS in recent years about the ability to project massive moving images onto cloud formations in the sky - creating the illusion that some sort of religious miracle is occurring. Is there a technology available that is capable of doing a similar job with audio? HARP? Who knows, but I'm sure it's possible if the tech exists for billboards in New York to actually whisper their messages into your ear! If people actually ARE hearing these sounds, perhaps we should look in this direction? But who would stand to gain exactly? Governments? Big Business? Church groups? Some sort of shady underground organization?

Time will tell I guess, but it certainly reeks of a massive hoax of some sort to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
For Those Who Thought Strange Sounds Are A Hoax
It was on our local Saskatoon, Saskatchewan CTV News 6 pm.
just now.
The Mayor of Prince Albert got mass texted and called. P.A.
is about 150 km from us.
Citizens were calling panicked en masse about the trumpet like scraping sounds.
They've been heard in North Battleford and Edmonton too.

The Mayor of Prince Albert consulted an expert who has declared that these sounds are electromagnetic waves bouncing off of antenna's or structures on the ground, particularly during solar activity or storms.

There's your explanation and your proof that they're real.
It's hit our mainstream media at least and if you look up CTV news on any search engine, I'm sure they'd have a rundown of their evening newscast there too if you want verification.

www.saskatoon.ctv.ca...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Heatherli

Interesting - thanks for the post.

Still, the 'theory' given is quite vague, to say the least. 'It's quite normal" say's the scientist. Normal where? And when? I still feel it's not a natural phenomenon. I can't prove that of course, anymore than the scientist can seemingly 'prove' it's 'quite normal'. The plot thickens... or so it seems.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Does this sound familiar??

Hmmm..

Very similar to the sounds we are hearing in these videos.

The Speed of Sound is an installation that uses nonlinear feedback of sound in an existing acoustic space. This results in a transforming sounding space in which the audience is part of the process. The parameters of the algorithm evolve over time and alternate between states of equilibrium oscillations, bifurcation and chaos. It's a composition of transforming nonlinear feedback processes. The water reservoir in Prenzlauerberg, Berlin consists of 4 rings around each other. The accessible rings are build with bricks and are truly reverberant. The biggest ring has a circumference of about 90 meters. Each of the four rings has a wall build in it that interrupts the ring except for a small opening in it. When one person stands on one side of the wall and another person stands on the other side of the wall you can speak to each other through the corridor. The sound travels from one side of the wall, all the way through the corridor, and arrives at the other side of the wall. The space has a reverb time that is longer then 30 seconds but nevertheless you can clearly understand each other. It is possible to hear the sound that is produced at one side of the wall arrive at the other side of the wall and therefore experience the speed of sound in the space itself.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-1-2012 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Im sorry but you just described how an electric guitar works,,,

so fail too see the simularities,,

sorry THE you-tube described basically how an electric guitar works,,, sooo im not seeing the connection,,,

edit on 25-1-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by jimbo999

Im sorry but you just described how an electric guitar works,,,

so fail too see the simularities,,

sorry THE you-tube described basically how an electric guitar works,,, sooo im not seeing the connection,,,

edit on 25-1-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

??? did you listen to the video - or perhaps you clicked on the wrong video somehow?? it has nothing to do with electric guitars - honestly! lol!

2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join