It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i really dont understand tha tax system why is it we get taxed for what we earn what we sell what we win and what we inherit. i understand the concept of taxes and what they are supposed to be for but come on if you break everything we are getting robbed

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

All I got to say about that is that income tax on wages is a load of crap

It's not income if I make an even exchange with my employer for my time....

It's a trade & should be nontaxable.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yep, you get taxed on your earnings, you get taxed on what you buy, you get taxed for just about everything...

Im not kidding either, look on your cell phone bill there is a tax in there that is from like the 1800's that involved telegraph cables and paying for a war or something.

I used to work in that industry and always thought it was hilarious

Its the federal telephone excise tax and started with the spanish american war of 1898

And so its on your cell phone bill...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What's worse than income taxes is the property taxes, which is where you end up if you've been a good slave and saved enough pennies to buy a house of your own.

I bought my house, paid for in full, it was a foreclosure property. Now I have to pay an outrageous, every increasing tax rate on the property I supposedly "own", or I will have my house basically stolen from me.

Someone tell me how I exactly "own" my home? Better yet, someone give me 1 good reason why I should still be celebrating "Independence" Day?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I used to feel that way too...until I started using Jackson Hewitt. Now I love tax time and my Roger Rabbit is getting really, really good!

Sorry for goofin' but you seemed like you could use a smile if not a giggle.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Example:

A few years ago I bought a 3,000 sq ft dance hall over 100 years old. This was my bakery.

Since it was on 2 acres of ocean front land, the taxes were 3,000 per year. Ok. (Well not ok really)

I painted, put in a lawn for my customers to sit at picnic tables and built my apartment upstairs.

Got a letter from the tax man that my next year's taxes were going to be 10,000 per year because of the upgrades.

I sold.

Who really owned the property...me or them? I still don't know but my @$$ is still a little sore.

True story BTW.

Peace

edit on 17-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Watch the movie in this thread called "freedom to fascism". Warning!!!!!! You may get ill watching this movie. Taxes are stealing!www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Income tax is really just a way by which the government robs people of their first-fruits. They have the authority to steal this because they own the military and police. Basically, they get to do it because they have the bigger force.

new topics

top topics

join