It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doomsday - What Do You Think is Going to Happen & Why?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by Forsaken72
reply to post by klhbrown

The earths electro magnetic field is weakening. This we know. The sun is entering a period of what is believed to be a hightened state of activity. This we will find out. If the sun discharges a mass coronal ejection large enough our magnetic field will not offer us safe refuge. Unclear if it would cook us or not. If however it does get through kiss our entire electrical grid goobye. In fact kiss any electrical device thats on at the time of the event goodbye. Now the real question becomes, What happens to society when we have no fuel, no food, no resources of any kind that need electricity to reach us? I feel it collapses. Arm up. be ready cuz hell may be coming to breakfst.

All the power Companies would be prepaired for such an event. If a huge X+ CME was headed this way, they'd have a lottle warnning and could totally shut down the grid and make a public statement to warn people to shut off generators and vehicles etc, for 24hrs.

Hospitals and millitary which need poewr constantly, could have shielded (back-up Generators), to be switched on after the CME has passed and knocked out the running ones.

This kind of disaster is totally preventable and probably already has prepaired emergency protocols in place world wide.

As for People being cooked alive... Nup, would never happen (has never happened before). The sun goes through these cycles every few thousand years. How many mass human extinctions or any extinctions are recorded over the last billion years..? Not enough to suggest it happens every 5000 years or so, thats for sure. The Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans have been living in their countries for upwards of 50,000 years and you would think that if something deviststing had ever happened in those times, they would have been reciorded.

Radiation is a possible killer, though it would be a delayed effect causing millions of cases of skin cancer and Thyroid cancer over a ten year period, that could litterally wipe 50% of the planets population out.

So to guard against that, stay indoors for 3 days and keep the blinds down. People living in houses with Tin rooving will be much better off because Tin is an alloy that reflects some solar radiation. Got a mine or cave near your home.. go down and stay there for a few days.. the rock will block most of the radiation.

Not much about this theory that can't be prevented or guarded against... Definately not a doomsday scenario..

edit on 1/18/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

Here is the problem with your initial response. It does not matter if electronics are shut down when a CME hits, It shorts out all the electronics no matter if they are on or off. I apologize if I am wrong, but this is my understanding. There is no protective measures for electronics if a large flare hits. they short out regardless if they are on or off or shielded. Lets research this and find out, but to my knowledge it wont matter. I applaud your positive thoughts however ask some of the Reported deaths around FUKUSHIMA if radiation is a quick or slow killer. One more question, how many people have freggin tin roofs?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
than make sure your with your family on that day but other than that try not to worry about it too much.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'll be throwing an end of the world party! If the world ends, so be it, i cant stop the inevitable, if it doesn't, then i'll be able to tell my friends about how i went to 2 end of the world parties 12 years apart

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well, I have been researching the subject and looking at the evidence it appears that the Christian Apocalypse is running. And that we are approximately 63 to 65 years into the generation of Matthew 24. With the very last event of the Apocalypse happening no later than May of 2028. So based on that and the history of the last hundred years I'm predicting these events happen in the next few years. Not necessarily in order. Not necessarily in 2012. Next 5 years approximately.

Conquering of Persia. (Iran)

Appearance of the Jewish Messiah who rebuilds the Jewish Temple.

Then there is an event predicted that causes the destruction of a number of governments in the world. This event causes the US to fracture into 4 republics. Also this event may also contain the Gog-Magog disaster and the opening of the 6th seal of Revelation.

Then you should see the formation of 2 major confederacies of nations. One based in Europe and one based in the middle east.

Then around 2018 to 2021 the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9 should be signed.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Nothing will happen that will wipe out the entire Human race, but the following will happen which will lead to the Imam Mahdi arrival and the arrival of Jesus christ.

From Islamic point of view, the Humanity will continue for another few thousands years before the Universes (with S) because there are 7 universes according to the Islamic believe, will shrink.

We believe between the year 2012 and 2022, there will be many wars and viruses, earth quackes, Volcanos which will kill nearly 2 thirds of human kind but this prophecy can be prevented according to the teaching... its not 100% it will happen, but for a fact that there will be many increasing Volcanos and earth quackes around the world.. Virus and wars too. but the optional part is the killing of 4 billion humans.

Thanks for reading,
SamHamYafithYam
edit on 19-1-2012 by SamHamYafithYam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Brad Meltzer's Decoded did an awesome job on 2012.....

edit on 19-1-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
December 21st, 2012...nothing will happen. But something will begin happening. We just may not see it immediately. Years later, however...that date will mean "something".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I think if anything, it will be a financial melt down..... here's why...
If these things happen, and they have, you can see the History repeating itself... The Romans already faced this.

1. Faced with a depression.... lower the interest rate to zero...
2. Buy securities from banks to expand the balance sheets...
3. Increase the money supply...
4. Buy our countries debt...
5. If faced with a continued depression, devalue the dollar...
You all see where this could go? Your money could be worth 50% overnight, and then what would you have or do?

Expect all this to happen, were coming up on number five as I speak, and the devaluation will probably be 40% or maybe even more...
By the way, during Christmas break, The Obama administration gave China 600 Billion........ and for what?

So if your wondering what 2012 will bring? I think it will all be monetary...
Aliens and space contact? NO...
A new vibrational DNA change, NO...
Armegedon? NO...
Earthquakes and destruction? NO...

More changes in the governments and an awareness of government corruptions? YES, yes..... lots of transparency. Maybe whole administration changes, or the demand for changes according to the peoples wishes here at home...
OTHER, than that, I don't think the 'END of the WORLD' is coming, or anything shattering. But watch out on the economy...!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown
Simple . . .
December 21st, 2012 - What do you think will happen and why?

Personally, I don't know what the hell to think. I've been fearing 2012 for as long as I can remember. I'm 26 and I first heard about the Mayan calendar sometime in my childhood. Over the years there have been other "doomsdays" but I never thought there was a grain of truth to them. There's something about December 21st, 2012 - it's like it's in my DNA to fear it. I don't know what will happen on that day. Pole shift? Solar storm? Aliens? Galactic black hole? Asteroid? All I know is that I feel SOMETHING is going to happen and I need to be with my family on that day.

edit on 17-1-2012 by klhbrown because: spelling

edit on 17-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Bah! Spelling!

Nothing will happen, grow up and get on with your life. 26 years old and you still believe in the boogey man? Fair dinkum, you trolls will do anything to generate revenue for this website.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Obama will finally get axed and our country will be saved!
Either that or giant man eating Twinkies will decimate our planet.

People need to grow up. How many doomsday predictions are people going to ponder over and worry about. When it comes, it comes. Live life as if this was the last day. That's the best you can do. In the meantime, GO RAVENS!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Print my words:

There will be no doomsday/ hell breaking loose like in a nature's sense, I do think there may be some financal/ economic disasters tho.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I personally believe this is getting all the wrong attention than it should be. Does the mayan calendar end on Dec. 21st? Yes, but what we have been lead to believe this date's significance is, is not correct in the least. What proffessional archeologists and even the remaining mayans themselves have stated is the original translations of the hieroglyphs were drastically wrong. No where does is state anything along the lines of the mass human extinction hollywood has shoved in our faces over the last couple of years. What the translations do say is the end of the calendar is supposed to usher in a new age of man. An age of advancement and enlightenment.

Even without the mayans we can see we are getting to that point already...

People are sick of the endless wars.

People are sick of the faulty economies.

People are sick of seeing people suffer when others rake in record breaking profits.

People are sick of healthcare systems that provide no real healthcare.

People are sick of the skyrocketing prices on food, water, tranportation, housing, and energy...when we know we have the technology and the means to correct it.

People are sick of being over worked and underpaid, or having to concider themselves lucky to just for have a minimum wage job at mc burger-in-a-box.

People are sick of polititians putting corporate interests ahead of their own citizens.

Most of all...

People are sick of worrying if they are going to leave this planet to their childeren worse off than it is now.

This is all happening now! We don't need to wait till December to see this...

I think the real question is:

Can we survive that long without blowing ourselves up, to even have a chance to reach that date?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Nothing in term of doomsday or armageddon or the apocalypse. All of this is capitalism used by people to sell books and hoard in cash from the gullable ones in society. I don't think that Nostradamus or the Mayans (or any other prophet) reffered to the "end of the physical world".

My honest opinion something will happen, just as things do every day. 2011 happened, 2012 will happen.

Although i believe that there will be an awakening of some kind, whether it be revolution or a revelation of something unknow to us all. Maybe the discovery of something will change our perception of the universe.

Kind of like a global awareness. Maybe 2012 will bring world peace, one can only hope that.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
When I first heard about 2012 (18 or so) I jumped on it, I loved the Idea of some sort of ending, not in a morbid 'we're all going to die' way, but more from a what will end? Of course I read all I could about this topic, and when I had enough of it, I didn't believe it anymore. Everyone who mentioned it had their own twist on things that would occur during this time frame.

Each and everyone of these people had their own agenda, some called for the end of the world, others an end to the ideologies we currently have, while others said it would be a mass awakening of the world population.

Currently I care not what will happen on this date, I've got to worry about the here and now, only thing I am aware of is the coming of the age of Aquarius, some say we're already in it.

All I can honestly say is, if it comes it comes, and there's nothing you or I can do anything about it, or even stop it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I believe the day will come and go, whatever happens on that day in any shape or form will be linked to this whole end of the world thing and then the following day, the 2012 forum on here will be closed or changed to 2102 due to Mayan misinterpretation or everyone who has been sucked in to this hype continues looking for the next misinterpreted end of days prediction...So here is mine, the world will end in 3043, prove me wrong people, prove me wrong!!
edit on 19-1-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The suns gonna set I'm gonna probably watch TV till I fall asleep and then the next morning the sun's gonna rise and a new day will begin. Why do I think this is going to happen??? Common Sense and Occam's Razor would tell me that this is the most likely scenario!!!!
'

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It amazes me on this site how negative everyone seems to be in general, I have been viewing this site for a few years and just now registered. This negative thought process and cynical attitude is why you never get any truth to anything. Just saying.

In regards to what I think happens who knows, I know that its a cycle and the mayans are very advanced and we will go into a new age where we are supposed to realize were idiots and get back to our original roots and start to learn the true history of ourselves.

My question is something obviously is going to happen, now even if you wake up the next morning which I'm positive we will how would you know if a change happened??? Would you know if your DNA advanced? Would you know if we somehow we went to a different harmonic frequency or into a 4-D reality construct of sort?? I don't think you would, it seems everyone is looking for a disaster type scenario or no disaster to prove that they were right, this thinking is why we never get answers of truth.

No matter what you believe in or what happens, you have to realize that we as a species are very dumb in our understanding of our place in the cosmos. Infinity means that anything is possible. Once you accept that you're thinking may change a bit. You'll never be able to wrap your head around this, its still the basic question you can apply to anything which came first chicken or egg? Same thing with God and all that, these are never ending questions. At least some of you are like me and just want the truth.

As Jack Burton would say "I can take it"

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

triple ditto

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedUScitizen

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by Forsaken72

The earths electro magnetic field is weakening. This we know. The sun is entering a period of what is believed to be a hightened state of activity. This we will find out. If the sun discharges a mass coronal ejection large enough our magnetic field will not offer us safe refuge. Unclear if it would cook us or not. If however it does get through kiss our entire electrical grid goobye. In fact kiss any electrical device thats on at the time of the event goodbye. Now the real question becomes, What happens to society when we have no fuel, no food, no resources of any kind that need electricity to reach us? I feel it collapses. Arm up. be ready cuz hell may be coming to breakfst.

All the power Companies would be prepaired for such an event. If a huge X+ CME was headed this way, they'd have a lottle warnning and could totally shut down the grid and make a public statement to warn people to shut off generators and vehicles etc, for 24hrs.

Hospitals and millitary which need poewr constantly, could have shielded (back-up Generators), to be switched on after the CME has passed and knocked out the running ones.

This kind of disaster is totally preventable and probably already has prepaired emergency protocols in place world wide.

As for People being cooked alive... Nup, would never happen (has never happened before). The sun goes through these cycles every few thousand years. How many mass human extinctions or any extinctions are recorded over the last billion years..? Not enough to suggest it happens every 5000 years or so, thats for sure. The Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans have been living in their countries for upwards of 50,000 years and you would think that if something deviststing had ever happened in those times, they would have been reciorded.

Radiation is a possible killer, though it would be a delayed effect causing millions of cases of skin cancer and Thyroid cancer over a ten year period, that could litterally wipe 50% of the planets population out.

So to guard against that, stay indoors for 3 days and keep the blinds down. People living in houses with Tin rooving will be much better off because Tin is an alloy that reflects some solar radiation. Got a mine or cave near your home.. go down and stay there for a few days.. the rock will block most of the radiation.

Not much about this theory that can't be prevented or guarded against... Definately not a doomsday scenario..

edit on 1/18/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

Here is the problem with your initial response. It does not matter if electronics are shut down when a CME hits, It shorts out all the electronics no matter if they are on or off. I apologize if I am wrong, but this is my understanding. There is no protective measures for electronics if a large flare hits. they short out regardless if they are on or off or shielded. Lets research this and find out, but to my knowledge it wont matter. I applaud your positive thoughts however ask some of the Reported deaths around FUKUSHIMA if radiation is a quick or slow killer. One more question, how many people have freggin tin roofs?

A lot of folks have tin roofs in the south. I wish I had one - for solar flare protection and because they look cool and old-timey. Lol.
What if the electronics were turned off and UNPLUGGED. I would think that a solar flare would work like a power surge and if something wasn't connected to the power grid it would be spared. IDK.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by klhbrown
Simple . . .
December 21st, 2012 - What do you think will happen and why?

Personally, I don't know what the hell to think. I've been fearing 2012 for as long as I can remember. I'm 26 and I first heard about the Mayan calendar sometime in my childhood. Over the years there have been other "doomsdays" but I never thought there was a grain of truth to them. There's something about December 21st, 2012 - it's like it's in my DNA to fear it. I don't know what will happen on that day. Pole shift? Solar storm? Aliens? Galactic black hole? Asteroid? All I know is that I feel SOMETHING is going to happen and I need to be with my family on that day.

edit on 17-1-2012 by klhbrown because: spelling

edit on 17-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Bah! Spelling!

Nothing will happen, grow up and get on with your life. 26 years old and you still believe in the boogey man? Fair dinkum, you trolls will do anything to generate revenue for this website.

Really, dude? No, I don't believe in the "boogey man." All I did was ask people opinion on 2012, whether that opion may be "death" or "nothing." I just asked an opionion.
I don't know what leads you to believe I am somehow attempting to "generate revenue" for ATS. Seriously? I can't even generate enough revenue for myself. Why the hell would I try to generate it for some freaking website I visit every so often? ATS doesn't pay my bills.
Maybe you're the troll for flaming everyone for simply asking an opinion. Go crawl back into your hole, please.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join