It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doomsday - What Do You Think is Going to Happen & Why?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Same thing that always happens! NOTHING! Then you will just make up a new date to satisfy your lust for the end of the world.

Well, I most certainly do not have a "lust for the end of the world." It's just better to be safe than sorry. I'd rather be prepared and have nothing happen than not be prepared and have something horrible happen.
edit on 18-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedUScitizen
I dont believe in the 2012 thing (For instance people who say something WILL happen)

if you ask me what could happen, here is my response.

FUKUSHIMA gets real bad, More explosions, Possible underground military nukes going off, and Massive radiation.

I live on the east coast of the USA and the other night my $300 dollar Gieger Counter (Soeks) went wild after a rain storm. Highest reading ever. broke the 1.0 mark.

Why did the Japan Gov't issue Iodine Pills just now, and not anytime before? MAYBE because the know things are going DOWN HILL FAST

God this scares me.

Fukishima makes me nervous too. Hell, it's been spewing radiation for nearly a year now and the world seems to have just forgotten about it - "yesterday's news." I wish I had a gieger counter (too spendy at the moment). I'd be testing everything! Lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Josh342

im not paying my taxes. @$!# it!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

I began thinking more about this today after I picked up a book by James Wesley Rawles called Survivors, which predicts the collapse of America....It made me think of this post so I decided that the perfect doomsday scenario would be a huge comet crashing into New York City, creating damage to all of the USA to the Rocky Mountains, doing damage to all of South America, to Europe, and the whole of Africa, leaving only the Himalayas and west of the Rockiies to survive at best. Everyone gets wiped out immediately due to sizable tidal waves, pollutants thrown into the airways and dumped into the seas...does that make you happy? Only Buddhist Monks who live in the Himalayas, and a few who live atop the Rocky Mountains, and other mountain ranges could survive at all...all is known immediately but all communications are lost, all is contaminated, and only a few can even know what happened...happy?

Pray tell, now, what will you do?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There are only two real scenarios for the end of the world happening and that is WW3 or a large earthquake. Take the central United States. The New Madrid fault line is due to go off. This would be catastrophic.

On to the WW3 scenario. It could start in Iran, Pakistan, or Taiwan. If the USA is engaged with either China or Russia for any reason it will likely escalate into a regional conflict which would require the world to intervene. People all need to see the severity of WW3 if it reaches a certain point there will be nuclear holocaust.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The Mayans didn't even predict that the world is going to end. it's the end of the current world and a beginning of a new one.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There'll be, like, this big "whoosh".

Then there'll be this "Bam".

Then there'll be this "Kapooow".

Then everything will be, like, spinning.

Then they'll cut to a picture of Robin going "Holy something, Batman..." because it will be a rerun just like they always show out of the ratings period.

edit on 18/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I cannot assert with any certainty what will or will not happen. I am am open-minded skeptic, and a skeptic cannot make assertions without proof. Obviously, I cannot prove or disprove events that have not yet happened, therefore I cannot say "I believe this or what will or will not happen."

What I can say is that I have yet to see any evidence of a so-called galactic alignment on the prescribed date other than that which happens every year. I have seen no evidence that the Mayans foretold the end of the world or cataclysm coinciding with the end of this era of the long count calendar (there is some evidence apparently that they would consider it cause for celebration, however.) I have seen no evidence of a planet such as Nibiru or other object within our solar system (which it would have to be by now in order to pass near Earth on the prescribed date) that would bring about cataclysmic change. I have seen no evidence that claims of an impending ascension are any more credible this time around than the literally dozens of times it has been predicted on ATS and elsewhere over years past.

I can also say that I have seen countless failed prophecies, predictions, and forecasts come and go on ATS, for many years, and can recall none that came true without applying some incredibly imaginative reinterpretation of the original claims. At some point, I feel one must begin to ask oneself the question: why should I believe this more than any of those?

And I can say that I have seen a lot of different theories, predictions, and philosophies published in books, DVDs, and audio CDs promising to reveal the truth about 2012, and I have seen a lot of their creators getting paid to attend speaking engagements espousing these theories, predictions, philosophies, and promises.

So taking all of these points into account, what would be my best guess as to what might happen? Well, as I said, I don't like to make assertions I can't prove. But I can hazard a guess, or a speculation. So if someone held a gun to my head and said I had to, my guess would be: nothing, or something so ephemeral and undefined that it can be interpreted broadly enough to satisfy all of these different theories and belief systems long after the date has passed.

I would like to be wrong. While I don't want calamity to visit anyone, I want more than anyone for some momentous, world-changing event to lift us out of our mundane struggle for meaning and purpose in life, and leave us utterly changed for the better. I'm ready for it. I want it. I am open to the possibility of it. But it never happens, no matter how many times and ways people say that it will. Can you blame me for being skeptical?

So on that note, in addition to my guess, I would like to add what I wish would happen: an end to conflict. An end to war. An end to inequality. And an age in which everyone truly lives out their potential as sentient beings. Sadly, I fear it is up to us and us alone, in all our mundane normality, to achieve that reality. And if so, it won't likely be in our lifetimes. And - again, if so - it won't be by virtue of some magical shift or singular event.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. I want to believe...

Peace.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Google John Hoopes. You should find an exhaustive review of the myth. The keyword is myth. You will also find those pushing it are in it for money or they themselves are delusional or irrational. Most have zero expertise or knowledge and those who do are hoaxers after your wallet.

It's the same as fearing the Bogeyman. When 2012 passes the same people will find a reason to move it to another date, just as they have done many times before.

The weirdest is the Photon Belt from the mistaken Idea the Sun orbits the Pleiades or something. Go figure.

People like myths. Some people prefer myths to reality. Some are searching for something greater than themselves out of irrational fear. I think such myths will always be with us. Some are actually suffering from undiagnosed mental illness and paranoid delusions.

Mostly it seems to me myths come from fear of the unknown. It's how people deal with irrational fear and explain it to themselves. For those who are genuine paranoid delusional or schizophrenic it is no doubt very real.

The end of the earth predictions have been with us probably since the caveman days. Even now we are just scratching the surface and have very little knowledge. Every generation thinks they are at the end of things.

Let's hope the opportunistic hoaxers don't have to many deaths from suicide on their heads when they are done selling their books and tapes.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The world financial system will collapse. Store shelves will be empty and total public outrage will result in rioting, violent revolt, and martial law. Things will be so out of hand it will force the government into ruling with an iron fist which will result in more chaos and violence. It will basically be like the Nazi's return in the way governments handle revolting citizens. Also WWIII will have broken out from instability all over the world. Russia will nuke the US and China will invade with ground forces. Half of the US population will die.

Best of luck!
edit on 18-1-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Probably nothing at all. One thing certain is that all the doomsayers will find any event, no matter what it is or how inconsequential, and say that was THE event. They'll point to it at years end and will say that it obviously happened

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown
Simple . . .
December 21st, 2012 - What do you think will happen and why?

All right, I have been searching on this topic for about one year, reading scores of books and watching all kinds of videos. It seems so amazing that so many things are connected together in this single topic, i.e., Prophecy,UFO, Aliens,Crops, Mysteries,Ancient Civilizations,Channeling Materials, Religion, Science, Conspiracies, New World Order,Paranormal Studies and so on.
Now after my hard researching, I believe, 2012 is not a doom but a key to a new world.
It'll be all clear soon. Don't wait for the outsides to change. Just follow your heart totally this year.
What's important is your changes by your own choice, No one else can takes the place of yourself.
Look for it yourself, the truth and reality'll be more and more close to you, and that's your purpose here.
It's a wonderful opportunity. Gook Luck!

addition: www.twohawks.com...
The true words of an mayan elder. Be Care of The Manipulated Media!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forsaken72

The earths electro magnetic field is weakening. This we know. The sun is entering a period of what is believed to be a hightened state of activity. This we will find out. If the sun discharges a mass coronal ejection large enough our magnetic field will not offer us safe refuge. Unclear if it would cook us or not. If however it does get through kiss our entire electrical grid goobye. In fact kiss any electrical device thats on at the time of the event goodbye. Now the real question becomes, What happens to society when we have no fuel, no food, no resources of any kind that need electricity to reach us? I feel it collapses. Arm up. be ready cuz hell may be coming to breakfst.

All the power Companies would be prepaired for such an event. If a huge X+ CME was headed this way, they'd have a lottle warnning and could totally shut down the grid and make a public statement to warn people to shut off generators and vehicles etc, for 24hrs.

Hospitals and millitary which need poewr constantly, could have shielded (back-up Generators), to be switched on after the CME has passed and knocked out the running ones.

This kind of disaster is totally preventable and probably already has prepaired emergency protocols in place world wide.

As for People being cooked alive... Nup, would never happen (has never happened before). The sun goes through these cycles every few thousand years. How many mass human extinctions or any extinctions are recorded over the last billion years..? Not enough to suggest it happens every 5000 years or so, thats for sure. The Australian Aboriginals and Native Americans have been living in their countries for upwards of 50,000 years and you would think that if something deviststing had ever happened in those times, they would have been reciorded.

Radiation is a possible killer, though it would be a delayed effect causing millions of cases of skin cancer and Thyroid cancer over a ten year period, that could litterally wipe 50% of the planets population out.

So to guard against that, stay indoors for 3 days and keep the blinds down. People living in houses with Tin rooving will be much better off because Tin is an alloy that reflects some solar radiation. Got a mine or cave near your home.. go down and stay there for a few days.. the rock will block most of the radiation.

Not much about this theory that can't be prevented or guarded against... Definately not a doomsday scenario..

edit on 1/18/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Nothing. Because besides the fact that it's a misinterpreted hooplah over nothing, even if the mayans actually did think the world would end on such and such day, so freakin what? They were just another silly religious civilization with superstitious beliefs like nearly every other civilization in history. Why take any prediction by them more serious than any other?

If they were any smarter than any of us other idiots or had any special knowledge, they would still be around as a civilization. Do you believe Christians when they scream the tribulation is here every year for hundreds of years? Do you believe in all of the silly prophecies of the other hundreds of religions throughout history which haven't come true? Nothing will happen, stop getting afraid over nothing.

Religious people/organizations/civilizations have been predicting the end of the world, unsuccessfully, for thousands of years. You'd think by now people would be smart enough not to just turn off their logical brains and believe claims of the end of the world, with no evidence to support them, at face value.
edit on 19-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

I think I first heard about the 2012 doomsday date about 3 years ago. I was worried and used to really believe in it, and then I became a Christian and wasn't afraid anymore. I no longer believe the world will end on that date.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by will615

I think I first heard about the 2012 doomsday date about 3 years ago. I was worried and used to really believe in it, and then I became a Christian and wasn't afraid anymore. I no longer believe the world will end on that date.

I agree, I believe hearts and minds will change for the better. The deceitful and remorseless men controlling everything will become powerless, and we'll finally be able to live in peace and prosperity.

There's no end of the world for anyone except evil men and their evil ways.
edit on 19-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

While I admit that most predictions have failed, if the aliens are behind the scenes and try to make everything look normal, there's nothing we can do, and all the predictors will end up looking foolish.

Now while I have yet to obtain "hard-proof" of their existence(as in seeing a saucer landing on my front lawn), pretty much EVERYTHING else I've experienced and all the logics and circumstantial evidence say that they exist.

If those morons think they know what's best for us in Dec 2012 and try to make it normal, then there's nothing we can do again. They are in fact gods, so I guess they can do whatever they want.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

As much as I'd like to see that happen, I wouldn't count on that happening this year. I believe the only time the evil controllers of this world will be stopped is at the second coming of Jesus Christ when they are defeated once and for all.
edit on 19-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
2012 Doomsday - What Do You Think is Going to Happen & Why?

God will return and put an end to satan's system of things and bring peace to all. The elites that have played the role of God will have their comeuppance as it will be their doomsday and not everyones like they would like us to believe.

Why? Because i believe what was written.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown
All I know is that I feel SOMETHING is going to happen and I need to be with my family on that day.

That is exactly the problem .Like you said you have already been told about the mayan calender when you were a child. Later on in life a heap of other scary doom scenario's were fed to you.The most popular end date for most doom scenario's for the past 20 years have been about 2012.

'all you know' is what you have been told and you have been worrying about it for some time that much is clear tot me by reading your post and that date is nearing now ,your fear of it grows bigger then it was then ever before ..you feel it in every fiber of your being now ...and *snap* fight or flight kicks in.

2012 is the millenium bug of a new kind and as with the year 2000 there is once again quit a bit of money made on it along the way until you wake up on jan. the 1st 2013 and realize you could have spend your time and energy a lot better then worrying about for which there had never been any proof of.

Every day since the beginning of the world has potentially been the last day.And since the earliest civilization there have been 'prophecies' that never ,ever came to be.

relax

(But if i were you i would vote for Ron paul unless you wanna die in a nuclear war at the end of the year!)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join