It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doomsday - What Do You Think is Going to Happen & Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. I suggest we speak again about it the day after. We'll still be here.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Nothing dramatic.

Another silly apocalypse will come and go and the people who bought in will get real quiet for a couple of months and then come back screaming with another future terminal date.

In the meantime, the world will turn pretty much as it always has. Those who have power will horde a little more of it, and those who don't will cede a a little more of their sovereignty via debt. 16,000 more children will die worldwide than would have died, due to starvation and more than a dozen species of plant and animal will go extinct forever. Money that never existed in any tangible form will be made and lost on the stock market, politicians will continue to lie through their teeth, and mindless, violent garbage will continue to hypnotize everyone plugged into a TV or network.

Pretty much the same as any other day. Even this one.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

December 21st, 2012 - What do you think will happen and why?

It takes a lot of imagination to look at a pictogram of a dragon with liquid pouring out of its mouth and decide that it means the world is ending, but that's exactly what a few people decided from looking at some ancient Mayan pictograms and this narrow (and likely wrong) interpretation has swept many gullible people into a 2012 frenzy. The reality is that there are still Mayans around, and modern-day Mayan leaders are on record as saying that the ancients were not predicting the end of the world, but rather the beginning of another cycle. It's like passing from one year to the next, life doesn't change, just the year number on the calendar does.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

ignore god my friend. hes not real and wont save you. good ol mr ak47 just might. you will need to save yourself if this comes to pass. arm up. stock up and wait. if it happens and you live through the event get as far away from people as you can. under no circumstanse should you or anyone you care about go to a govt safe zone. it will amount to a death camp. stay sharp, stay safe, stay alive.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forsaken72
reply to post by klhbrown

The earths electro magnetic field is weakening. This we know. The sun is entering a period of what is believed to be a hightened state of activity. This we will find out. If the sun discharges a mass coronal ejection large enough our magnetic field will not offer us safe refuge. Unclear if it would cook us or not. If however it does get through kiss our entire electrical grid goobye. In fact kiss any electrical device thats on at the time of the event goodbye. Now the real question becomes, What happens to society when we have no fuel, no food, no resources of any kind that need electricity to reach us? I feel it collapses. Arm up. be ready cuz hell may be coming to breakfst.

I have thought about this, too. If something does happen and we survive whatever it is, how bad will the aftermath be? Looting, rioting, killing for food and water. Yes, hell will be coming to steal my breakfast. Lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thought I would be the fear monger here, hahahaha.

The earth is moaning, making odd sounds that people are starting to fear. There are many threads here on ATS about these weird sounds coming from different parts of the earth.

Possibly earth cataclysms are getting ready to start doing their thing. The moaning and groaning sounds that the earth is making can only be one thing. Guess what???

Let's take an example of something else that moans and groans in a similar way, and maybe you can figure out for yourselves what is getting ready to happen.

Think....

What else starts to moan and groan in a large unearthly manner that would make your skin crawl if you heard it?

Well... what do you think makes such a similar sound? I know many of you have heard this similar sound in TV movies before, but which movies?

Think...

Well... if you can't figure it out, then I'll tell you.

If you've ever seen a movie where a submarine goes down to far, and the pressure gets to much for it, it starts groaning and moaning, making gawd awful sounds; very similar to what the earth is experiencing.

I'd say the earth as a whole is experiencing such an experience right during this day and age, possibly due to it heading towards the Galactic Equator. Which means we will experience more and more of it until we level off (reach the Galactic Equator), just like a submarine that levels off and finally starts back up towards the surface from too great a depth.

The Mayan calendar has pinpointed the date of reaching the point of most pressure on December 21, 2012. You might as well get ready for what is coming. The earth is plowing through space through a medium that is becoming denser and denser until we reach the Galactic Equator, after that the density of the medium the earth is traveling through will get less and less.

The question is, how much pressure can the earth resist while plowing into the denser medium of space?

What do you think will happen?

Ha... told you I would be the fear monger. Sweet dreams.....
edit on 17-1-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by will615

i'll put no stock in religion nor in ancient mayans or any other hocus pocus crap. science is my god and science says things could get bumpy. i guess we just have to wait and see. hopefully your god is right.

I agree things are going to get bumpy. Even my "hocus pocus" Bible states that. I'm simply stating I don't believe 12-21-12 is the absolute end of the world and I don't think others Christians should believe it either.

As I stated to the OP---"If your not a Christian believe what you want"

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

i moan and groan but its usually just gas

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ops4Ops
Awesome Topic! S&F for ya! I am very excited you ask this question, cause I wanna hear what other ATS members think. I watched/DVR'd almost every episode of Armagedon Week on the H2 channel (History, they have two to choose from now, everyone probably knows that though Duh) a few weeks ago. I feel obsessed with it, because I too feel different when I think about it. I feel it in my bones!

I can't tell you what I think will happen because I don't know the answer. However I will say that my friend and I will be outside in our lawn chair's and blankets (Its cold that time of year up here in MN) and a cooler (you can guess the reason behind that) on Dec 20th, 2012 at 11:59pm, looking up at the sky and watching, and that's where we will remain unless the earth tilts or opens up or something and then we are screwed! Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the world will end, but I do think we will bear witness to something extrodinary. A transition perhaps? We'll see! To be continued.........

edit on 17-1-2012 by Ops4Ops because: Added another thought!

I'm from MN originally. I've already pondered whether it would be "safer" to ride out 2012 here in Oklahoma or back in Minnesota with the rest of my family. Honestly, both seem safer than being on the coast, but sadly I don't think I'll have the funds to make it back to MN before the big day.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Seriously, I think New Years day will come and go.
I do not believe that some great massive thing is going to destroy the world. I prefer to think either nothing will happen or that we are shifting to a better consciousness. I mean, people ARE waking up to what's going on around em. First time in ages and more and more are. To me, that's shifting to a better consciousness. It doesn't have to be about seeing the other side or becoming mind readers. It's about realizing we're better off than how we're being treated, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Forsaken72

Yes, just like a sub, and just like the earth.

Its from unexpected pressure.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Nothing on that date, but before that date many things will happen. Suicides, panicing, people raiding the local grocery stores, home depots, gun shops buying items of course.

Then we will wait for the next person to tell us when the world will end again and so on and so on.

However if it comes to an end I would like to think I lived a full life. So that last thing to do right before the end is to PUT MY HEAD BETWEEN MY LEGS AND KISS MY A$$ GOODBYE. LOL!

I truly think nothing will happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by will615

oh no not the end of the world. it will still be here as we likely will be but the aftermath question looms in the air. im not so much afraid to die. i hate paying taxes anyway. just if somthing happens dont go to any govt facilities. u r totally expendable and they will expend you. go live off the land somewhere. start some jesus commune whatever just dont trust them

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
Thought I would be the fear monger here, hahahaha.

The earth is moaning, making odd sounds that people are starting to fear. There are many threads here on ATS about these weird sounds coming from different parts of the earth.

Possibly earth cataclysms are getting ready to start doing their thing. The moaning and groaning sounds that the earth is making can only be one thing. Guess what???

Let's take an example of something else that moans and groans in a similar way, and maybe you can figure out for yourselves what is getting ready to happen.

Think....

What else starts to moan and groan in a large unearthly manner that would make your skin crawl if you heard it?

Well... what do you think makes such a similar sound? I know many of you have heard this similar sound in TV movies before, but which movies?

Think...

Well... if you can't figure it out, then I'll tell you.

If you've ever seen a movie where a submarine goes down to far, and the pressure gets to much for it, it starts groaning and moaning, making gawd awful sounds; very similar to what the earth is experiencing.

I'd say the earth as a whole is experiencing such an experience right during this day and age, possibly due to it heading towards the Galactic Equator. Which means we will experience more and more of it until we level off (reach the Galactic Equator), just like a submarine that levels off and finally starts back up towards the surface from too great a depth.

The Mayan calendar has pinpointed the date of reaching the point of most pressure on December 21, 2012. You might as well get ready for what is coming. The earth is plowing through space through a medium that is becoming denser and denser until we reach the Galactic Equator, after that the density of the medium the earth is traveling through will get less and less.

The question is, how much pressure can the earth resist while plowing into the denser medium of space?

What do you think will happen?

Ha... told you I would be the fear monger. Sweet dreams.....
edit on 17-1-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

Isn't it scientific fact that the earth passes through this alignment every year? The moaning/groaning sounds are very scary and certainly something to think about, though.
edit on 17-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That all depends on if you're a service to self oriented person,
or
if you are service to others oriented.

I know what is going to happen to me,
but,
not you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

youll have to do better than that to cause me fear. like say obama gets reelected or somthing

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

stay sharp, stay safe, stay alive.

Awesome! I'm going to start saying this all of the time - even when it doesn't apply to the situation! Lol! Seriously, though, it's damn good advice.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

Its a scientific fact that the earth is going to make this one pass through the Galactic Equator about once in every 5,000 or 6,000 years.

Anybody else that states that we pass through this same area of the Galaxy every year is fooling you and themselves. You only have to look out and see the stars at night to see something that you won't ever see again in a few years, and its something you never saw a few years ago.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

armed to the tooth. it all depends on circumstances as to whether i help a person or eat them.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Forsaken72

Time will tell.

An increase in the number of experiences of hearing these weird loud noises will make people think about what the Mayans wrote about the exact day the spaniards would land on their shores, and how the Mayans were there on that day to greet them, and then the outcome of such a meeting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join