It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doomsday - What Do You Think is Going to Happen & Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Simple . . .
December 21st, 2012 - What do you think will happen and why?

Personally, I don't know what the hell to think. I've been fearing 2012 for as long as I can remember. I'm 26 and I first heard about the Mayan calendar sometime in my childhood. Over the years there have been other "doomsdays" but I never thought there was a grain of truth to them. There's something about December 21st, 2012 - it's like it's in my DNA to fear it. I don't know what will happen on that day. Pole shift? Solar storm? Aliens? Galactic black hole? Asteroid? All I know is that I feel SOMETHING is going to happen and I need to be with my family on that day.

edit on 17-1-2012 by klhbrown because: spelling

edit on 17-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Bah! Spelling!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Same thing that happened Jan 1 2000...

Ill wake up and be really annoyed that I have to still go to work that day.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

I think it was about 6-7 years ago that I heard about that particular doom date. I started reading about it, but, really, how much can you actually read about an ancient civilization? I wish we could actually talk to them and ask them, "hey, what is it about this date?". We can't so we are forced to ponder this unknown. I also plan to be with family that day, but, I will NOT be hiding, I WILL be paying my bills, I will NOT mention anything I have read to my kids, I WILL continue prepping even if nothing happens. I have insurance for everything but food and survival, wouldn't it be crazy not to?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
the world gonna xplode but aleins will save ussss

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The earths electro magnetic field is weakening. This we know. The sun is entering a period of what is believed to be a hightened state of activity. This we will find out. If the sun discharges a mass coronal ejection large enough our magnetic field will not offer us safe refuge. Unclear if it would cook us or not. If however it does get through kiss our entire electrical grid goobye. In fact kiss any electrical device thats on at the time of the event goodbye. Now the real question becomes, What happens to society when we have no fuel, no food, no resources of any kind that need electricity to reach us? I feel it collapses. Arm up. be ready cuz hell may be coming to breakfst.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

If your not a Christian than I say believe what you want. If your a Christian like I am and truly believe in Christ's words than know not to be afraid of 12-21-12. It's not the end of the world. As i've stated before in a different thread that's not to say something horrible won't happen on that day somewhere in the world, whether it be by man or nature, but it's not the end of the world. Disasters happen all the time and if one happens on 12-21-12 then so be it.

No man knows the day or hour, not even the angels in Heaven. Only the Father.

Hope my post helped. If not, sorry for taking up your time.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is what I believe is going to happen, based off of a bit of research:
1) Alot of astronomers will be watching the alignment of the galatic center with our solar system.
2) Alot of hysteria up to that point and people in fear on that day and then the next day, who knows, could be a really nice day.
3) as it is close to christmas, customers will be stressed and take it out on cashiers, cause they could not get that new expensive toy for some person.
4) I go to sleep when I get in and get up in the morning to turn on the news and find out what I missed while at work and that happened at night.

The elders of the remnents of the Mayan people are saying it is the end of an Era, not the end of the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
imagine how long it would take to replace every transformer in every electrical grid in not just america but the whole damn planet. To make matters worse i dont believe we are looking at a single event. Activity could begin as much as 3 or months bfore that date and last as long afterwards. we could b years putting humpty dumpty back together if it happens at all. bleak indeed.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by will615

Revelations has many disasters. Before Christ's return.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Not the end of the world. Just something big will happen around december that will change our lives. That is all

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Awesome Topic! S&F for ya! I am very excited you ask this question, cause I wanna hear what other ATS members think. I watched/DVR'd almost every episode of Armagedon Week on the H2 channel (History, they have two to choose from now, everyone probably knows that though Duh) a few weeks ago. I feel obsessed with it, because I too feel different when I think about it. I feel it in my bones!

I can't tell you what I think will happen because I don't know the answer. However I will say that my friend and I will be outside in our lawn chair's and blankets (Its cold that time of year up here in MN) and a cooler (you can guess the reason behind that) on Dec 20th, 2012 at 11:59pm, looking up at the sky and watching, and that's where we will remain unless the earth tilts or opens up or something and then we are screwed! Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the world will end, but I do think we will bear witness to something extrodinary. A transition perhaps? We'll see! To be continued.........

edit on 17-1-2012 by Ops4Ops because: Added another thought!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

My answer will be no better than the next person's. However, only time can tell, because I don't have the power of predicting the future.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Forsaken72

"...Hell will be coming to breakfast." lol

link   
reply to post by will615

i'll put no stock in religion nor in ancient mayans or any other hocus pocus crap. science is my god and science says things could get bumpy. i guess we just have to wait and see. hopefully your god is right.

link   
reply to post by Forsaken72

It's impossible to say if the magnetic field is undergoing any unusual changes. We've been measuring it for less than 200 years. Furthermore, the solar maximum is not predicted to begin until next spring and even then it will most likely be the least active solar maximum in recent memory. It is also worth noting that most experts believe that if a Carrington-type event occurred power would only be lost for a few days.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cesar85

that a figure of speech as i do not believe in mythical realms

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

they do say now its weakening at an alarming rate. check out nasa website. they also know what effect m.c.e. have on earth. this could be real. we have to wait an see.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

dont you find it odd that nasa has scrapped bout everything and all the latest satellites are for studying the sun. seems odd to me that they choose now for this research.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

i hope your right but if we get slammed and all our transformers go down. they gonna b down for a long time.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012

Originally posted by will615

Revelations has many disasters. Before Christ's return.

Your absolutely right.---I was just stating to the OP it's not the end of the world.

P.S.---I'm glad to hear you know revelations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join