It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong signs Iran is supplying Syria with weapons, US says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – A recent visit by the commander of Iran's elite Quds force to Damascus is the strongest sign yet that Iran is supplying weapons to aid Bashar Assad's crackdown on the Syrian people, a senior Obama administration official said Tuesday.

Doh! Ya think?

"Assad is running out of money to continue financing his crackdown and has turned to Syria's only ally left," Vietor said. "No citizen in the world deserves to be repressed by its own government, and certainly not by Assad's lone friend."
Source Article

Okay, this ignorance on the part of our White House is long past amusing. It's scary and pathetic at the same time. I'm not sure what part of MILITARY ALLIANCE Obama cannot form and comprehend as complete words, but here it is once again. Iran and Syria have a FORMAL AND OFFICIAL military Alliance and treaty of mutual assistance.

If England were in trouble...would anyone ask WHY America would be helping? Okay... 'nough said. Why can no one seem to understand or believe what BOTH of these nations have openly and proudly declared? Attacking one is attacking both and fighting the force of one is fighting the resources of the combined alliance. There are OTHERS these nations are aligned with and I seriously doubt it's ONLY those two who start shooting if either is attacked..but it's a 100% certain guarantee on the ties between them both.

Geeze.. If Obama needs a high school level refresher on Geopolitics, I am sure they can find someone to come tutor the fool..but he's over 3 years on the job. It's FAR FAR too late for this kind of stupidity to be put on display for the world to gawk at.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They also said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and their secular government was supporting radical Muslims with money and weapons.

Wait... Didn't we give weapons and money to all of these countries we're on the verge of invading?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
wait they are suppling them too!?

So THATS why they have been buying less of the USAs, i bet they are undercutting them.

No wonder everyones so mad

edit on 17-1-2012 by Biigs because: typing

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why are Arab countries not allowed to support and render aid in what ever form to each other? Did I miss something?

Don't other countries have the right to their own sovereignty, no matter how #ty their policies are why is it our concern?

Why are we going to put American man and women at risk for these countries..

"
We are not about to send American boys nine or ten thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves."

--Lyndon Johnson, Oct. 1964

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Apparently they are not only not allowed to assist each other without seemingly showing extreme desperation and a close trip to the end of their days, but it seems utterly beyond belief to American leaders that Middle Eastern nations would ever have an alliance that went beyond empty words and media slogans. It just seems incredible to them to even contemplate the people in that region as being capable of treaties and mutual assistance at all.

The condescension is almost worse than the threats that go with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Id go a step farther, if I was any country in the middle east watching US troops invading Iraq and Afghanistan, and than seeing all the collateral in the form of civilians I too would start considering my defense.

I might even start looking into that whole nuclear thing that seems to be keep North Korea fairly safe...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

OMG!
Iran is acting like a. . . . .like a. . . . . .

warmonger!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The U.S. says it's done with IRAQ and now there a lot of "accusations" about IRAN. Come on give me a break it seems that the U.S. just wants a reason to get into another "war." After IRAN it wil be another country and after that country it will be the next one and the next. I have heard this phrase before but I can't remeber where: "War is profitable."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Why are we going to put American man and women at risk for these countries..

Because if we don't, then the government and citizens of israel will somehow throw the anti-Semite card at anyone and everyone. Poor old israel the cancer of the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Oh ya, just noticed the source faux news and Rupert Murdoch, the biggest Zionist maggot created by money.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Think about this....The Russian ship that docked in Tartus Syria had 72 sunburn anti ship mssiles in its cargo,,,part of a long ago deal finally delivered by mother russia.....
Maybe el quds is doing a little horse trading ?
Another 72 underground launchers along the Hormuz straaits would really be a bear for the airforce to hunt....
The strait would have to be closed down till they got em......

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
but it is ok for ISRAEL to supply IRAN with weapons?

Like the United States, Israel cemented its relationship with Iran by the exchange of arms for oil, which both sides kept alive through the worst of the OPEC oil embargo. The Iranian arms market was worth at least $500 million a year to Israel. The Shah bought everything from Gabriel anti-ship missiles to advanced communications equipment. In 1977, Israel arranged a $1 billion arms-for-oil deal around Operation Flower, a joint Israeli-Iranian project to build a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface missile. And like their American counterparts, certain Israelis also seem to have been part of the corrupt nexus through which top Iranian political and military leaders were enriched through arms sale commissions. "When the Israelis decide to change their policy," one top State Department official told a reporter in the mid- 1 970s, "the first place the Israeli jet touches down is Tehran. Moshe Dayan is in and out of there quite frequently.".....

The White House was in fact aghast to find that its embargo had been flatly violated. "We learned much to our dismay," Brzezinski noted later, "that the Israelis had been secretly supplying American spare parts to the Iranians without much concern for the negative impact this was having on our leverage with the Iranians on the hostage issue." Secretary of State Edmund Muskie demanded that Israel cease its shipments; Prime Minister Begin promised to comply. In fact, however, the supply line stayed open without Washington's approval, carrying tank parts and ammunition.

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...
edit on 17-1-2012 by Danbones because: with friends like these....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Thanks for this thread.

My response to the official is:

Welllllllll, !DOH!

What an unsurprise!

I started to say "That's NOT rocket science!" But I guess at some basic level it is . . . given all the rockets involved.

Sigh.

Anyone that thinks such activities are going to come out enhancing peaceful Sunday picnics . . . must be living on a different planet.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

"No citizen in the world deserves to be repressed by its own government,

Really now? No citizen deserves to be oppressed by their government huh....

Gosh .. I'm so glad we in the West don't live in oppressive states where we can freely take to the streets without a permit and speak our mind without worrying about a shield wall crashing down on our faces as we're beaten, gassed and trampled. But if we did live in such an environment surely it would be for our own good and would never be considered "oppressive" ......

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join