It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of phenomenon could cause this in the sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I came across a video that showed this phenomenon in the sky and that intrigued me. What can this be?

(Mods, I put this thread here in General Conspiracies. If wrong, my apologies)

Strange Sky Phenomenon:

The first time I saw the video, thought it was a hoax. So I decided to look for videos that could show the same phenomenon or, at least be, similar. I found this:

Weird things in the clouds:

Strange weather, lights, WHAT:

Strange lights in a storm cloud during the day:

So, anyone here has a clue about what this could be?
edit on 17-1-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How odd. Another thread about the "strange sounds" being heard across the world has a post where someone claims while the sounds were heard he looked up at the clouds and saw something similar. Like something was trying to cloak itself in the clouds. Hmmmmm . . .

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I read that some of the possible explainations besides fake cgi footage, is the ice crystals in certain conditions:
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

"The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.

So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over." - Walter Lyons, meteorologist
edit on 17-1-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

How odd. Another thread about the "strange sounds" being heard across the world has a post where someone claims while the sounds were heard he looked up at the clouds and saw something similar

This is really strange...

I saw that thread but didn't see the post you are talking about... I will look for it.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can hardly wait to read good speculation because I have not a clue.

I am a skywatcher-- just naturally look up when I am outside-- but have never seen such a thing.

Flagged because its neat and posting so I'll know when ideas start rolling in.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would research some of the older threads, I have seen these videos pop up on ATS a few times now and I am pretty sure the people had some pretty good theories on the "cloud bursting" as I liked to call it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

While I was watching this I felt like electromagnetism played into this somehow. What you're saying makes a whole lot of sense because thunderstorms are pretty good at generating electricity as shown in lightning.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

i like electromagnetism but not how u might expect. a mass coronal ejection would cuase a northern lights type of display. possibly an ominous sign of things to come.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Forsaken72

This is more the natural electric charge built up by weather conditions and air moving around, usually this would not be visible to us at all, its only the refracted light at the right moment that causes the effect, supposedly.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Biigs because: spelling again

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

but it just now gets noticed? i dont buy that

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

dont get me wrong ur explanation sound plausable to say the least but then it would have been going on forever. why are people just now noticing it?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Be honest, if you randomly looked up one day and caught a wisp like this, would you really even notice, without a recording to study?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

actually, yes i would notice IF i were looking up which i do from time to time. i can see a recording being rare too but if these recordings are all recent then i doesnt add up. i guess id wanna know the times, dates, and locations taken first. or it could all be web hoaxes too. who knows.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

is it possibly related to the strange sounds phenomenon?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I share with your pessimism as to it being a fake as to its undocumented nature and apparrent sudden appearance and recording.

A UFO is somthing you see that you dont know what it is, its just in the sky. But this is a strange windy gust type cloud anomoly. i mean how would you describe that now without sounding nuts, in the past when science was less explored im sure it would have sounded even more crazy.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forsaken72
reply to post by Biigs

but it just now gets noticed? i dont buy that

Yeah, this bothers me too.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

if by in the past u mean like a hundred years ago, no doubt theyd lock ya up. however people been filming everthing from childbirth to lighting farts on fire since the nineties. why just hearin about it now? id like to hear some scientists chime in on it. not rocket scientists like us but the real kind

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

i would think airline pilots would have seen this. id like to hear what they got to say also

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

clouds do seem to b a common denominator in the videos. that would lend itself to the ice crystal theory.

new topics

top topics

join