It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOPA/PIPA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Greetings all

so as you all know these two proposed bills SOPA and PIPA that are currently being looked at by the House and Senate are very contrivertial

as most of you probably know Wikipedia is going down at midnight tonight to protest the two proposed bills which i think is a great thing that Wiki is doing.

i for one didnt know much about these two bills up until earlier today when i actually started reading into them and realize how much they could actually effect things around here for the bad. CNN is currently running a story on there website talking about why Wikipedia is going down and what the two bills SOPA and PIPA actually are.

www.cnn.com... kout-qa/index.html?hpt=hp_c1
thats the link to the article on Wikipedia

money.cnn.com...

thats for the explaination of what SOPA and PIPA are

now i know that not alot of people on here really like to hear things from the mass media and companies like CNN, MSNBC and so forth but i think that it is great that they are airing these stories because now more people will have an idea as the what SOPA and PIPA will actually do to the internet and to sites that people go on through there daily lives

im in the USMC and back a lot of things that the government does but i for one am against these two bills and i hope more people are with me on this. write your congressmen or do whatever you have to to help get these two bills stopped
edit on 17-1-2012 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

This is creepy...
see the comments and the shill talking to itself?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

The comment section on there certainly does have two people who have an opinion on every comment...

Kinda odd but this is the internet.

Im gonna not log in all day tomorrow, Ill shut my computers down and read a book for the day, my own little personal protest as I have no internet site to shut down, Ill just not use the internet all day.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
the following is a website proving that govt politicians are bought and paid for

its proof that pro sopa has paid for this law

it has a break down of each state, ill link to ny as they are a good example

its a very basic breakdown and easy to read for all

www.sopatrack.com...

it also has the phone listing for each and everyone of the corrupt pricks so make sure to check the list and give these evil jerks a piece of your mind and let them know if they push this, you will make it a point to vote against them no matter what

top topics

join