It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need prayers for finances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
my friend just told me that earning $1200 for the month and paying rent and utilities this leaves $154. for the month living frugally. No kids nor grandkids although she is widowed. please pray for unexpected financial gain. This is a good person who has worked all their lives and tried to help other people when they could. Now there's very little left to go around so please pray.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

your friend has my well wishes..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I will send positive thoughts to your friend, but she also has to put that vibe out there as well. I too was hoping for some financial gain this month after some unexpected bills... I just put a positive spin on the thought and the very next day some friends came by my house and asked if I could babysit for them two days a week because their other baby sitter quit. So, it does work.

Also I had about $70 bucks left to get me to Feb and I have three kids, I can relate!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Your friend is in my prayers.

I too believe in the power of attraction, she needs to know that her needs will be met, thinking all my needs will be met with love in her heart and it will come to her.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
either god doesnt exist and your friend has to find a solution on thier own,

or god does exist and wants your friend to suffer, in which case all the prayer in teh world wont help.

or god does exist, but cant do crap to help your friend... in which case, what kind of god is that?

and IF god exists, and hasnt done anything yet, what makes you think that it would care about a few extra ppl nagging about your friend and her finances??

like an omnipotent being doesnt have better things to do than help your gf pick up a few extra bucks.

make her a spreadsheet and a budget. get her a part time job or more part time jobs... find her the solution she needs without relying on a magical sky wizard.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

You know just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean you should # on someone else who does. Especially when they are not preaching it to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
wasting time expecting a mythical being to change your situation seems stupid.

i provided valid and executable ideas to help. more than prayer ever would.

the fact that you took it as hostile simply shows you are uncomfortable putting faith in these individuals over your own mythology.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

NO i take it as someone being a poor example of a human. He just asked for some prayer for a friend not a slap in the face with an excuse to dismiss his faith. Why couldn't you just offer the advice without the faith bashing? I know a lot of awesome atheist that can offer help and advice without bashing a persons religion.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
what you took as faith bashing, i expressed as reasons why relying on something you cannot prove is senseless.

enhancing my point about making the effort themselves to solve the situation.

again, it is your paradigm that is making this about "faith bashing"

isn't one of the tenants of that mythos "god helps those who help themselves?" perhaps the sky wizard influenced me to point that out.

just because its not the answers you like, doesnt mean its the wrong answer. if you are going to place your thoughts or feelings on apublic forum, you have to EXPECT all kinds of responses. especially ones you dont like.

toughen up princess.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

I will send out some well wishes to you and your family sorry I didn't check sooner you have my sympathies hope you and your children stay safe. Thank you for youe kind thoughts.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Praying for financial gain?

It works that way?

Huh... who knew.

new topics

top topics

join