It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to move from the UK to the US.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I was surprised at what is required to emigrate to the US, especially from the UK. I am 19 and have no criminal record or anything of that kind, it seems that the easiest way would be to aquire a degree in an area where there are labour shortages or get married. Aside from that greencard lottery bs the only way i can find are those mentioned above, if anyone has any personal experience in this area can u please give me some advice/shortcuts to becoming a US citizen.

Thanks.

[Edited on 13-9-2004 by ufo3]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.uscis.gov

they have much info on the subject, many many areas to choose from.

[Edited on 13-9-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Why do you want to move to the US, Ufo3 ? - To be honest, I'd rather be back in Cornwall. Although I like the US, I'm only here because my American wife asked me to come here until her sons reach their majority. Read my blog to see exactly why it was probably the most ridiculous mistake I have ever made.

Plus - In the UK you can go to the doc when you need to without worrying about the cost. I only say this because four years ago I ended up in hospital and if I'd been in the US then I would either be deeply in debt or dead.

As for Immigration - Well, I've been here for a year. I'm legally allowed to stay, but I'm still waiting for authorisation to work because of a series of screwups from INS (which needed the help of a Senator to sort out). This very morning I received a letter asking for one final piece of info - and hopefully I should be working in a little while.

Good luck if you plan to move.

join