It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins Celebrates a Victory over Creationists

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Charlie Darwin is still worshipped by atheists and he is famous for nothing. Absoloutely nothing, except getting a book published. Yeah laugh, but Darwin was a nothing, evolution wasnt even an original idea of his. Just to drop names from years ago. Evolution plays no part in modern medicines, thats delusional. Evidence? Hah, you wouldn't know what evidence was. Talk talk talk.

Here, have a lollipop.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Lollipops are aimed at kidies in school.
Why does evolution start at pre school. Cos its a brainwashing technique.
Here kiddies, here is the geological time scale. 120 year old science that we have no evidence for but base everything you are taught about evolution on.

You can have a pacifier dipped in honey, makes it more palatable.
In Australia we call pacifiers dummies. Seems to suit you

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Why does evolution start at pre school.

Because pre-school is where education begins.......

Cos its a brainwashing technique.

Aha I see, education is a brainwashing technique.

120 year old science that we have no evidence for but base everything you are taught about evolution on.

Yep the Theory of Evolution is based on nothing but '120 year old science'. I take it you skipped pre-school then?

You can have a pacifier dipped in honey, makes it more palatable.
In Australia we call pacifiers dummies. Seems to suit you

Interesting analogy but I have to wonder, what represents the honey?

Here kiddies, here is the geological time scale.

Ahhh those fiendish evolutionists!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I posted this earlier but I believe no one saw it for it answers the questions asked.

Is God a being distinct from the universe, or is He, according to the opinion of some, the result of all the forces and intelligences of the universe?

If the latter were the case, God would not be God, for He would be effect and not cause; He cannot be both cause and effect. God exists. You cannot doubt His existence, and that is one essential point. Do not seek to go beyond it; do not lose yourselves in a labyrinth which, for you, is without an issue.

Such inquiries would not make you better; they would rather tend to add to your pride, by causing you to imagine that you knew something, while, in reality, you would know nothing. Put aside systems.

You have things enough to think about that concern you much more nearly, beginning with yourselves. Study your own imperfections, that you may get rid of them; this will be far more useful to you than the vain attempt to penetrate the impenetrable.
ok?
edit on 25-1-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

www.spiritwritings.com...
edit on 25-1-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Is God a being distinct from the universe, or is He, according to the opinion of some, the result of all the forces and intelligences of the universe?

If the latter were the case, God would not be God, for He would be effect and not cause; He cannot be both cause and effect. God exists. You cannot doubt His existence, and that is one essential point. Do not seek to go beyond it; do not lose yourselves in a labyrinth which, for you, is without an issue.

I'm confused. You start out by asking a question that cannot be answered, you answer it with a speculative "if" statement and then immediately follow it up with, "but you cannot doubt his existence". IF that statement were true then god would certainly not be a "He" with a capital H as referenced in the bible or other scriptures, nor would he be a creator. We are discussing creation and intelligent design, and their lack of objective evidence. Dawkins is happy because religion can't be mandated in science class, and he's right. People didn't respond to your post originally because it was off topic.

Such inquiries would not make you better; they would rather tend to add to your pride, by causing you to imagine that you knew something, while, in reality, you would know nothing. Put aside systems.

So basically, you are saying we should ignore everything and not try to learn anything about the universe we live in? Striving for more knowledge is only about pride? Interesting standards you have, especially considering that the knowledge of modern medicine saves countless lives every week when applied and it's based on nothing but pride apparently. Science works. Knowledge is beneficial to our survival as a species. Ask questions, always.

You have things enough to think about that concern you much more nearly, beginning with yourselves. Study your own imperfections, that you may get rid of them; this will be far more useful to you than the vain attempt to penetrate the impenetrable.

I see what you're saying, but I don't see science as an attempt to penetrate the impenetrable. Asking questions is a great way to better yourself as a human being, and gain knowledge. Does it really matter in your life right now that pluto is -300 degrees Fahrenheit and takes almost 250 years to orbit the sun? Probably not, however studying such things could one day advance our species to the point where we can prevent or avoid a cataclysm or extinction level event. Seeking knowledge and understanding is a good thing, and certainly isn't running through labyrinths if you understand the methods in which science finds its conclusions.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Will man ever be able to penetrate the mystery of things now hidden from him?

The veil will be raised for him in proportion as he accomplishes his purification; but, in order to understand certain things, he would need faculties which he does not yet possess.

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him.

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Rren

Clearly the best post in this thread. Someone with a working brain who goes beyond the banter and "gets it".

Thanks. Nice to hear someone is listening. Took me a few years of fence-sitting to "get it" but I like to think I finally do. Most people are just interested in arguing in circles to confirm their own confirmation biases... seems, as usual, the truth lays somewhere in the middle. End the culture war! Bring our troops home! Lol, guess I'm just one of those silly accommodationists.

Thanks again for the kind words and recognition.

Regards,
-Rob
edit on Thu Jan 26 2012 by Rren because: homonym - there/their

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That had absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Why complain about people ignoring your post, when you completely ignore anything that people say in response? You say people should not worry about asking for answers and to look in the mirror, but have you done this yourself? Are you completely free from ego and material possessions? Your posts in this thread would seem to suggest otherwise as you are doing the same as all the people before you, in claiming that your view is correct and telling us what we should or shouldn't talk about.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That had absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Why complain about people ignoring your post, when you completely ignore anything that people say in response? You say people should not worry about asking for answers and to look in the mirror, but have you done this yourself? Are you completely free from ego and material possessions? Your posts in this thread would seem to suggest otherwise as you are doing the same as all the people before you, in claiming that your view is correct and telling us what we should or shouldn't talk about.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join