It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Iran: Cloak and dagger to bunker busters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I did a search on the title and got nothing.

Link to article on RTNews.

I mention it is RT news as some people don't think they are credible but, then quote Fox news word for word.

Iran says it won't resort to terrorism to avenge the murder of another of its nuclear scientists. The speaker of the Iranian parliament accused Tel Aviv of carrying out the killing in a desperate US-backed bid to stop Tehran's atomic program.

I think it is great that Iran says it won't resort to terrorism for vengeance. I also hope they don't flat out attack whoever is behind it either. If this was a half-assed attempt to stop the atomic program, well, when 1000 students sign up because 1 person was killed, I would call that a failed attempt.

Plus, if Iran does have proof, they should release it.

RT’s Paula Slier reports that many in Israel believe their country is already engaged in a covert war against Iran and are concerned that it may soon turn into an open military conflict. Tensions are mounting over Tehran’s civilian nuclear program, which some observers say is being used to develop nuclear weapons.

It isn't just many people in Israel that believe their country is engaged in a covert war against Iran, there are quite a few people that believe that. I sure hope it doesn't turn into an open military conflict. Enough innocents have died already. So, does anyone not know that tensions are mounting yet? The thing is, Iran says they aren't building nukes. The US knows they aren't. The third impartial party (IAEA) has no proof.

The IAEA carries out regular inspections of Iranian nuclear sites but has not sent a senior official for talks since August, before it released its latest report containing what was described as intelligence showing Iran's nuclear military aims. Western countries seized on the IAEA report last month to ratchet up economic sanctions.

From Reuters, Dec. 20/11.

“Israel is signaling to the world that if the world doesn’t do anything, if the world doesn’t call for more fierce actions, for more crippling sanctions, quoting the Secretary of State Clinton, then Israel will take the initiative and strike alone,” says Israeli investigative journalist and author Ronen Bergman.

I would hope if Israel does start an illegal war, that for their sake Iran does not have a nuclear bomb. I also hope Israel does not use theirs against Iran.

As well as the series of assassinations of scientists, there are other signs that a coordinated attack on Iran’s nuclear program may be underway. There have been two aircraft accidents in the space of three years, mysterious damage to equipment and the Stuxnet computer virus attack on enrichment facilities.

“Putting everything together, it is clear that whoever it is – be it someone or some agency – is very successful in infiltrating, understanding and at last, sabotaging the Iranian nuclear project,” Bergman believes.

That much is clear. Let's hope cooler heads prevail and everyone ups their dose of common sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I agree on the hopes for cooler heads. It isn't likely...but I sure hope as well.

Oddly enough though, as much as I'm coming to be 100% anti-war on this one, I don't care if Israel and Iran go at each other. Why should I?? They both live there and they have a dispute to settle. It's the United States and everyone else I think needs to stay out of it. If it can STAY *JUST* Iran and Israel...GOOD. It may be the only way those two nations ever find peace to exist in the same hemisphere. It just won't do it for the fight to be with everyone on Earth though. Those two will still be looking to have a private fight down the road..if they both survive a world war.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sad thing is that if Israel and Iran get into it, I think it would be the beginning of something that people have been praying won't happen since the cold war.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Indeed...and that is the problem. If they go at each other, they can't keep it between themselves can they? Nuke dust out of Israel will spread over Jordan, Saudi and Iraq...while Iran's rat clouds drop good times and happy thoughts over Pakistan and Afghanistan. Indeed....I suppose it's naive to think the two bullies in the neighborhood can go behind the building and have it out....without hurting all the spectators as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As it stands, public opinion is mostly powered by what could be called 'trend politics'. And to be sure, public opinion won't stop Iran from building nukes... if that is their intention, or stopping Israel from attempting to stop the building of them.

Both sides have propaganda machines in full RPM... with results being obvious.

For all the effort from both sides to win hearts and minds, it really won't mean much. These two seem headlong to a fight and what you and I think really means nothing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The only solution is to try and make one or both of them back off. Israel is all ready to go at them, Iran has said they will defend themselves. Israel has said they don't want the US's help. China and Russia seem to be backing Iran. If the US/Israel attacks I believe it will be the end of NATO. As for how to make this insanity stop, well, you have to tell Israel to back off, US go home and Iran can continue minding it's own business, with the IAEA still stopping in to make sure they are following the NPT.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

For all the effort from both sides to win hearts and minds, it really won't mean much. These two seem headlong to a fight and what you and I think really means nothing.

I agree that what we think really means nothing, but, we can sure as hell hope, write letters to our representatives and let them know how we feel. If nothing is done, than we are just as culpable as the war mongers.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

top topics

join