It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opiate Addiction- Commit and Quit. Withdrawal from Ultram Codeine Morphine Tramadol Hydrocodone Oxy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Addiction to any abuse substance is harmful to health. I have some solution of those of you struggling with addiction. To overcome from this problem,I know some addictions counselorwho can guide you and give better solution.

(post by mensource removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I came across this forum while looking for info about corydalis. After reading the post and comments I thought I’d share my story too. First off, To everyone that has gotten off of the opiates I commend them. I spent nearly a decade on opiates. It started with vicodin and moved to dilaudid, fentanyl, morphine sulphate oxycontin, etc. I had tried them all at different points. By the end I was taking 15-20 80mg oxycontin a day along with Xanax and norco for breakthrough. The thing I tell everyone that has an injury resulting in chronic pain. The pain medication will take away the pain at first, but at some point the pain of taking the medication will put weigh the original chronic pain you take the medication for. I don’t necessarily recommend the method of detoxing that I did. I cut down from 15-20 to about 3 80mg oxycontin over a month period. Then I quit cold turkey taking nothing other than Xanax for three weeks and slowly tapering the Xanax down as well. It was brutal, I had experienced withdrawals before and had tried quitting cold turkey or slowly tapering down, but I never stuck to it. But back in 2008 I did it and I stayed that way. But the chronic pain was still there. I tried to just live with the pain, and for the most part did pretty well, but experienced too many days where I just couldn’t function. After a couple years a doctor recommended I try suboxone. Now being someone who had years dealing with pain management and chronic pain medication I had tried taking suboxone before ( like when I ran out of my prescription a couple days early take the suboxone to get by ) but I had almost 3 years of complete abstinence from any type of pain medication so I was shocked when the doctor asked about suboxone. My response was “But I’m not addicted to opiates, why would I need a detox drug?” Well suboxone is no longer just used as a detox medication, and there are some studies that show that it can actually help ease the pain and trick your brain into thinking their are opiates while you are not only dealing with your injury but the physiological changes that taking opiate medication for so many years has on your body. So I decided to give it a shot. I took suboxone for a few years and during those years started looking into alternative methods of curing the pain such as yoga, stretching excercises, meditation, etc. After a few years I decided to quit taking the suboxone. Once again I just tapered down over a three week period to 2 mg a day and then quit cold turkey. There were withdrawals but to be honest they were more emotional than physical, in fact I’ve mever experienced anything like that with any other drug. The only way I can really describe it is, they made me cry lol. But it lasted a few days only and I was fine again and I deal with the chronic pain and that sucks, but yoga and excersises and stretching in different ways really does make a difference. There are still bad days, and those days are terrible. I’m actually looking into corydalis and Kratom tea as possible alternatives to the pharmaceutical method. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I remember trying to post about the same thing,but was told it was against terms and rules,you must know someone,I went thru same bad withdrawal,that was 10 yrs ago,I go to pain management,they put me on a time release patch,starting all over again

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join