It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Romney Supporters?! The Romney(Fermi) Paradox!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldryck

Re-read the OP. I'm not focusing on ATS, I'm focusing on the internet in general.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The reality is that Ron Paul supporters rule the net, they ruled it in 2008 and they are ruling it now.
Any internet poll has him winning with wide support from across the country. BUT, and it's a big one, they are the vocal minority in the totality of the equation. The majority is the baby boomers, and they have 40 years of brain washing to contend with, some will break free from it because they have children that articulate the argument passionately, but most won't.

It is this group of baby boomers that are calling the shots demographically, but very few are posting online.

These people are voting for Romney, did you see the Iowa caucus's, did you see the average age of the voters.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by MrSpad
Romneys supporters do not waste time with internet polls or forums that mean nothing.

So would you consider yourself a Romney supporter? Because.........

Nope. However, that statement holds true for any canidates supporters with the exception of Ron Pauls. The unrealistic expectations of his supporters is just off putting. The fact they have this need to blame anybody but Paul on his failure to win is just annoying. He is just another politician flying first class on the tax payers.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Survey's show Mitt Romney has extremely weak support from young people and it steadily rises as the age voter age brackets move up. Not surprising, Romney's strongest age group is the senior vote.

Again, not surprising the senior age group has least access to the internet and alternative media.

AGAIN, not surprising, the senior age group has the strongest voter turnout.

Hence, how Romney could win without active supporters.

No offense to anybody but most the seniors are ruining this country and they don't even know it.

I know we have some 50-60+ ATS members though.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Romney supporters are like Nixon supporters, we are the silent majority, and we vote, I've been a Romney supporter since 08, I saw a Reagan quality in him in 08, and unfortunately I was unable to vote for him back then, the choices back then were horrible or more horrible, and sadly more horrible won even though I personally helped the more horrible choice, I didn't know it was more horrible at the time. Just as Nixon won with the votes of the silent majority, Romney will win with the votes of the silent majority. The screamers, lemurs and schemers don't vote as much as the silent majority, they can't comprehend why we don't shout and throw temper tantrums every second, we don't defend ourselves with a bullhorn because we'd rather sit back and watch them fizzle out, you can't always know who the silent majority are, they aren't the tea party, nor are they occupy.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

And what happened to Nixon?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
I can't find ANY! Okay, maybe one or two have appeared on the forums from time to time, but lets be realistic here: Romney supporters just don't seem to exist!

I found them

hehe
(sorry its not as good as my normal paintings, but I'm trying to learn painter right now....)
Ok, here's a good painting to my normal standard:

edit on 18-1-2012 by pianopraze because: added second painting

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Romneys supporters do not waste time with internet polls or forums that mean nothing. They do not feel the need to push Romney at every single opportunity and scream bloody murder when negative things are said about him. They go out and they vote. Pauls supporter seem to have this desperate need for validation for him and get very pushy.

That excuse is so tired and ridiculous I'm sick of hearing it. Every candidate, I'm sure, is quite aware of what a useful tool the Internet can be when campaigning. Where do you think Ron Paul gained so much support? It certainly wasn't from other sources because the media tried to pretend like he didn't exist until he started showing well in the polls.

When I hear people making excuses for Romney and the others by suggesting all theses "alleged" supporters of theirs see no point in bothering with the Internet or that they are the ones who actually go out and vote while Ron Paul's supporters are just yapping on the Internet, I have to wonder how stupid they think people are to buy that b.s.

Do you think Ron Paul's supporters aren't gonna go out and vote? Surely you must be kidding.

The OP is right. My guess is that, more than likely, Ron Paul has had a solid lead for a long time, and the establishment and the media have been lying and manipulating these recent numbers in the caucuses and the primaries to keep Romney on top. They want Romney as the GOP nominee and their other boy, Obama, as his opponent. Once they achieve this, they can have the election and November and they won't even have to screw with the voting procedure because they will have their puppet regardless of which one wins the election.

If Ron Paul became the nominee, they would have no choice but to commit a grand scale election fraud because, I guarantee you, RON PAUL WILL SLAUGHTER OBAMA, in a landslide that would make your head spin.

Romney has little support. If anyone thinks he is legitimately ahead in these races, they are blind to what is occurring right before their very eyes.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

you can't always know who the silent majority are, they aren't the tea party, nor are they occupy. signature:you can't always know who the silent majority are, they aren't the tea party, nor are they occupy.

Correct, the term for them is "THE POWERS THAT BE."

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

The screamers, lemurs and schemers don't vote as much as the silent majority, they can't comprehend why we don't shout and throw temper tantrums every second, we don't defend ourselves with a bullhorn because we'd rather sit back and watch them fizzle out,

If you are trying to suggest that Ron Paul's supporters are these "screamers, lemurs, and schemers" you are talking about who aren't gonna vote......think again.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've been thinking the same thing as the OP.

Even people I would expect to be Romney supporters here... aren't. Most were all about Bachmann or Huntsman, completely disregarding Romney, if they even know who he is. A lot of people seem to be getting Romney and Perry confused, thinking its one guy or something.

Sometimes seemingly intelligent people surprise me with how stupid they are.

The screamers, lemurs and schemers don't vote as much as the silent majority, they can't comprehend why we don't shout and throw temper tantrums every second, we don't defend ourselves with a bullhorn because we'd rather sit back and watch them fizzle out,

What the hell is a lemur in this context? Some kind of insult I don't know about or has Dr Seuss come to town?
edit on 18-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i wouldnt be suprised if romneys supporters are actually mostly bots, fictional avatars used in forums.

it seriously wouldnt suprise me.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OK, you asked for it, so I'll be the one to make the statement. If Romney is the GOP nominee, I'll vote for him. If it is anyone else, I will vote for Obama. I just don't feel the need to start 100 threads about it for no reason. You should feel free to vote however you would like, as I will. Further, if Romney is not the nominee, I will NOT believe or start 100 threads about fraud or the powers or the shadow government or any of the other garbage that gets thrown about in theses Ron Paul is God threads.

It does get old being told how only Ron Paul supporters are intelligent, enlightened, aware, or any other BS buzzword you all love to throw about on ATS. I promise you, your vote counts exactly the same as mine. No more; no less.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have yet to meet one person in person who supports Romney either. Even the ones who don't care about politics usually compare him to a used car salesman "nice hair, good acting, more of the same" etc etc. I'm not just saying this because I support Ron Paul either, I just simply have never met a Romney supporter.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Rom vs Ron

Romney is a Mormon. Nothing against religion, but most people know that the Mormon faith is a lie. I would expect a man of Romney's intelligence to get out of a lie-based religion. However, knowing Mormons as I do, I expect he remains in the religion because he has a life with Mormons. Once you leave it, they all turn their back on you immediately. Since he does not have the courage to do that, he is not Presidential material IMHO.

Ron has a very good education, and lots of political experience. He knows how to get things done politically, and is not wet behind the ears in Washington DC. Also, he does not keep changing his views. He is consistent and truthful. My kind of politician.

With the electronic voting system being managed by an Israeli company, I would expect voter fraud to have a pro-Israel outcome; i.e., Mitt Romney will definitely be the Republican nominee....no matter what we do to support Ron Paul.

Americans love a winner, and they will vote for the person whom they think will win. They will even change to vote for that person. The only way Ron Paul can win is if Americans really believe he can win. That will swing the vote.
edit on 1/18/2012 by Jim Scott because: added

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I think you need to EDUCATE yourself and quite spewing MSM lies. Really, he doesn't fly first class on taxpayers, that lie was brought to light right quick.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Your votes don't count, US is not a Democracy, that should be obvious by now hence all the protests that have been going on under the title of "Occupy Wall Street" against "Corporatism".

These election charades are nothing but charades, all these votes riling you on until the election date and all these debates, all this effort is put in to it so that in the end, you don't question its validity, but do you ever question its validity? Do you ever question whether your vote is even counted?
edit on 18-1-2012 by insaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've noticed a lot of times that the comments about election articles on mainstream sites give a lot of support for Romney as long as they can post anonymously, where as comments that require facebook log-in are overwhelmingly Paul supporters. This tells me that Paul supporters are probably younger and much more vocal, and that the rest of the voters are likely older (40+) and keep to themselves a lot more. Also, the older voters, which outnumber the younger voters, are more likely to base their vote from what they see in mainstream sources which we all know are not too kind to Paul. Most of the older people I talk to about this election do not support Paul.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

Teleprompter against teleprompter, can it be more insane

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Yet, Romney is destroying your cult leader RP in the polls. It seems he is much more popular among the people than RP.

Are you conspiracy theorists now going to say there is some "voting fraud" and the "TPTB" are pulling strings and rigging this?

Why dont you learn a little history and ask Al Gore about elections getting rigged.

www.madcowprod.com...

www.scoop.co.nz...

and just to toss in : www.bollyn.com...

While Clinton and Bush claimed to be proponents of democracy, their deeds utterly failed to match their words. In 2006, for example, when the Palestinians held free and fair elections, the United States refused to even accept the results.

and for good measure:

[yvid]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join