It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange sound phenomenon. Video that rules out viral marketing?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

I know some of saturns are beautiful they sound melodic when brought to the right decible for human hearing

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Maybe this would explain why we can hear the planets?? Not saying it is just looking at everything I can find Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JustJoe

My house was almost blown away by hurricane Ivan, in fact it was damaged so bad I relocated to TN. I know the sound of powerful wind!

I watch all of these videos first with the sound off (several times). I just like to watch peoples reactions before I hear the actual sound. I also watch for any vibrations of the surrounding items like leaves or just a general vibration of the camera. I do this for any of the sounds like the rumble, bangs, or "horns". I just like to use my eyes before my ears hear something that my mind tells me is "scary".

I have no doubt that there is a sound in this stadium. I don't really know what the cause is. Wind, lightning on speakers, feedback from the speakers, I don't know. I just feel that the "horn" noise is said to accompany a feeling in the body that instills fear. It is my opinion that not any of those people felt unsafe, they were just hearing a noise in a big stadium.

I haven't found any reports of the people in Tampa hearing the "horns" outside of the stadium area. It is supposed to be loud and vibrating, shouldn't someone else in the town have heard it and recorded it? I am open minded and continue to take all alternatives to heart even if I hold the opinion that this is not THE "horns". Hell, I don't even know that the "horns" are real. I have never heard them with my own ears so I remain a skeptic.

Edit: To stay on topic I guess I should also mention that I have no opinion yet as to viral marketing. It very well could be however if it is, we should be seeing someone step forward soon to point and laugh at us for letting this thing grow into a monster.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Doodle19815 because: to add edit

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
The first thing I did was watch this without sound. Why you ask
so I could see the peoples reactions before I heard the noise.

1st watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from players

2nd watch (no sound) - no noticeable reaction from audience

3rd watch (with sound) - interesting sounds but not that great

This^

And there's one video of it in Kiev, Ukraine, apparently filmed from a balcony, and some folk walk past when the sound hits... but no reaction, at all.

Still think it's viral marketing of some kind. Perhaps for an up-and-coming CG schlock from Hollywood, or the like.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

i understand where you come from but the idea of viral marketing is that it initialy shocks you.. you go hunting around on the internet to find out what it is and TaDar! its < such a thing> which you have then seen the product /film/ tv show..

i guess im trying to say if it was they normally let people in on it after a few days..
i have heard there is a new cloverfield being made and if it is that they may want to be covering it up so it dosnt ruin the film... BUT! Its a bit loud and to vibrate peoples houses?... ect seems a bit too much to be a film advert to me.

I hope we find out soon enough

EDIT: sorry im talking about the sounds that are happening all over not just the one in the op.. the op could very well be a viral but some others related to this sound a bit OTT to be a viral

Does anyone know if any media have covered this topic? like News reports?
edit on 19-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Qilady

Hey, I myself live in The greater Vancouver area, I did not hear these sounds last night.
However, I just received a message from a friend saying that he heard an eerie series of sounds last night as well, so I thought this was interesting and that I should share it with you...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

I was thinking it was a Viral Campaign for Cloverfield 2 as well. Hell even the Cloverfield roar is similar to the sounds heard in the sky.. Only "Muffled". But a quick look at IMDB reveals that Cloverfield 2 is to be released in 2014 and has yet to even begin production. Would "Bad Robot" really start a viral campaign for a movie that is still 2 years away from being released and not even in production yet ?

It might just be me, but scaring the crap out of people worldwide for two years seems like a pretty good way to piss people off enough to boycott the movie....

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBreeze

Could it be a planet, or a black hole (nah we would see a black hole swollow up stuff) or something near us? its a new thing I guess. Could it be the moon? the Sun? Good shout !

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStonerMessiah

Exaclty! to me it seems really silly and OTT to be a viral campaign. :/

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I believe its a viral for Mass effect 3.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you do read the thread make sure you read page two as well.

ALS

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

This thread is about the video of the baseball game, you are saying that video is viral marketing?
I doubt that very much...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

I believe its a viral for Mass effect 3.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you do read the thread make sure you read page two as well.

ALS

Nice bump of your thread mate

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChakaBoy
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

This thread is about the video of the baseball game, you are saying that video is viral marketing?
I doubt that very much...

No I was reffering to another video someone posted. I think the baseball video is nothing more than wind.

ALS

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
strange sounds debunked
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Bingo.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join